• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 All Stars

This coverage is terrible. No idea where the players are throwing, commentary is no help, angles are bad. Oof. I know it's raining, but these are not rain problems.

I noticed the coverage was prety bad too. Lots of dead air, lots of commercials.
FPO coverage was even worse than MPO.

The loud dripping sounds being picked up by the mics were weird too. I left the room, and on my way back heard those sounds and though something had broken on my washing machine for a second.

The announcers were still unsure of the actual team scores as the MPO was finishing their singles round. This seems to happen every year with this event. We never really know how what is going on during the event.

I watched most of the doubles and some of the singles. The doubles worked out pretty well, given the dismal weather conditions. The singles...not so good. They may want to start thinking of something else for next year, because that was just a confused mess. Also, I thought the quality of play was poor.

My vote is 1v1 Match play. 16 person tournament, plus a distance comp. Putting could be it's own 1v1 match tournament.

Idea: you get three 'phone a friend' shots from the pool of bonus players.

I watched most of the doubles and some of the singles. The doubles worked out pretty well, given the dismal weather conditions. The singles...not so good. They may want to start thinking of something else for next year, because that was just a confused mess. Also, I thought the quality of play was poor.
It is really hard to play well at da Canyon when it is wet- sooooo sloppy. Hard to even walk around- I would imagine a whole lot of the place is fill from it being a quarry.

It is really hard to play well at da Canyon when it is wet- sooooo sloppy. Hard to even walk around- I would imagine a whole lot of the place is fill from it being a quarry.

Are they still calling it Gran Canyon? I thought P McB had renamed it. I'm too cheap AND lazy to watch OR look this up myself, plus it sounds pretty terrible. Never knew it used to be a quarry either. That makes sense though.

Are they still calling it Gran Canyon? I thought P McB had renamed it. I'm too cheap AND lazy to watch OR look this up myself, plus it sounds pretty terrible. Never knew it used to be a quarry either. That makes sense though.
They are not still calling it Gran Canyon- renamed Olympus. I will probably always call it Da Canyon personally. It is one of the best pieces of property for disc golf I have ever set foot on. It also has a number of challenges- most notably being a mess when wet, lack of parking space, and unpleasant vegetation in places. Most of that stuff will improve with time now that it is fully dedicated to dg- hard to do much significant improvement when you are only trying to get it open for a few weeks a year. (I have this issue at Hawk Hollow as well).