• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Wizard, the Greatest Putter Ever vs. the judge

Wizard or judge

• Wizard

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • Judge

Votes: 44 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd still say wizard, even though I use Judges. The wizard is just a bit too deep for me to be comfortable with it after using a judge.

I use a Wizard for putting and a Judge/Harp for drives. Although lately I am really starting to like the Vibram Sole. It is half-way between the Wizard/Judge in terms of depth but flies more like a Wizard off the tee. I can crank on it all I want and it just goes straight.

I love how the Wizard changes as you use it. Just gets straighter with less effort behind it. Love a fresh Wizard for confidence off the tee or in the circle, but something about a beat up Wizard is so special.

The best part imo is that as the bead wears, it gets more comfortable/ shallower in the hand for me. My 5/10 S Wizard feels like a fresh Judge in between Zero Hard and Med but still holds up to headwind putting, and even RHBH drives into wind to a certain extent.

Wizard is king. Now if only Dave would stop dicking around with the Evo blends and give us Urethane-y Wizard goodness with slight to flat domes... It's not fair these DD guys have premium Judges and we never know what blend we'e getting.

I like the Judge but the Wizard is a great putter. Only other beaded putter in it league is the Touch IMO.

I like the Judge and currently bag it, but I don't know if it is better overall than the Wizard. I have never tried a Wizard, mostly because I have heard so much about inconsistency in their plastics.

Their plastic variation is much wider than any other company, but that means you can tell them what you want, and they'll send it to you. I have Wizards from all different years and flexibilities. They all putt the same.

Their plastic variation is much wider than any other company, but that means you can tell them what you want, and they'll send it to you. I have Wizards from all different years and flexibilities. They all putt the same.

And throw pretty much the same too, except I have an issue holding onto the RFF and G6 stuff a bit too long sometimes.

I would say speed vs glide with the Atom.

I've thrown Wizards. I just prefer not to. Too many great molds out there not to give them a chance.

I actually have a lot more experience with Judges then Wizards, and I still voted for the Wiz.

It was kinda luck that I started using judges. Busted my last KC avair and they were out of them at my local brick and mortar. Jason told me to give the Judge a shot, and I rolled with it. Used them for all putting and some driving/upshot duties for a little over a year. I loved them at first and progressively got more and more irritated by their performance as time went on. Switched to wizards in January of this year and it was ridiculously easy. Kinda mad at myself for not doing it sooner, I thought about kicking the Judge for a good 6 months before I actually did.

The judge is a really comfy disc in the hand, which is why I fell for it at first. The problem is that the flight sucks for a beaded putter.

The wizard is the exact opposite disc. Higher profile takes some getting used to, but the flight is the greatest thing ever.

Over the past 4 years I've switched away from the wizard for:
* Ion
* Anode
* Challenger
* Clozer
* Mercy
* Judge

I've come back to the wizard every time. It really is the greatest putter of all time.

I've done something very similar. Except, while the Wizard is my favorite, I still really struggle with it. It feels way too deep in the hand. I love how it drives and how reliable it is, but I get inconsistent releases when putting. So the depth has me constantly searching for a replacement, but the Wizard is just the best I've found. Because when you're looking for a low-profile, yet overstable and reliable putter, you tend to migrate into tweener territory.

If only a wizard felt like a judge. Or a judge flew like a wizard

I think a lot of it is a style/feel preference. I really dig low profile putters, so a lot of the Trilogy ones are appealing. That said, a Judge can be flippy for me if I have bad form, so I didn't keep it in the bag. Feels amazing in the hand, though. If I could get Judge feel + Wiz stability I would be all over it.

Also, I love that we all get worked up over discs. It means we're in the right place here. :hfive:

Both? I really like my Judges. Switching to them made a huge difference in my putting and approach game. I've also aced with the Judge and not the Wizard.

However...The Wizard doesn't get blown around as much as the Judge does, and we get a lot of wind around here. I can also get a bit more power into the Wizard on a straight drive. RFF is my go-to winter plastic, but I like harder putters when it's warm. When the chains are frozen, though, the softer plastic makes a huge difference in what sticks and what blows through.

I'm sitting on the fence and have no shame.

I'd still say wizard, even though I use Judges. The wizard is just a bit too deep for me to be comfortable with it after using a judge.

I'd like a Wizard that feels like a Judge.

^^^ All of this ^^^

I used wizards for a few years but eventually conceded that it was too deep for me for putting. I love the flight, and miss the additional stability that the wizard has, but I am more consistent with, and enjoy the feel of the judge more. I still keep a wizard in the bag for driving though.

If I did not have carney sized hands I would have voted wizard, however, I do, so I voted for the judge.

If only a wizard felt like a judge. Or a judge flew like a wizard

This exactly....

Judge feels better and you can get more consistent plastic...but Wizard flys better IMO. Wizard flys more OS comparatively in my experience.

I read the title as:

Wizard. The greatest putter ever is the Judge.

Will trade my 2 wizards for 2 judges anytime! Guess im in the minority here.

Latest posts