• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] wizards-chalky

austin234

Eagle Member
was wondering what the deal is with the chalky plastic? im gonna be making an order from gateway for a tourny soon and im getting a buncha wizards and i wanna know what peopl think about this chalky plastic. tried to search but didnt find anything. ive never seen/felt one in person, but was thinkin it might be cool to get since its fairly new. but i dont wanna get a buncha discs people arent gonna like! and do they come in colors other than the rust color?

thanks!

I have an orange one that is awesome, and I know they at least make white chalky ones. Mine is SSS and really nice feel to it. Kind of hard to describe how they have like white hairs/fibers scattered throughout the disc, and it's just a really nice, grippy, powdery feel. In other words, go for it! :D

Orange color only. I think its left over plastic from a run people loved years ago. Anyway, I sold 20 last week, so get some!

White also. Marshall Street had chalky RFF Wizards, still have a few lighter ones.

I have 3 CH Wizards (orange/peach color) and I love them. These have changed my putting game forever. They are only marked CH Wizard so I'm not sure if they are S/SS/SSS/etc they feel stiff.

I grabbed an orange chalky Wiz from Marshall street when I was up there recently. It's in my bag as a back up and I have only used it for putting practice so far but I like it.

awesome! thanks for the quick feedback :) im making the order monday so im glad to hear that they rock! im thinkin 20 s series in various softness', 20 OGs and 20 chalkys so thers a little variety to choose from

I got a stack of 5 black ones from LSDiscs. They get better feeling the more they are used. I already had a couple black SS that had the nice chalky feel so I picked up these for back ups. Love the feel of these discs.

I love the feel of the chalky (orange small wizard stamp marked CH) wizard i have, but can't bring myself to throw it its in my collection.

I think the "chalky" is an add in they put into the plastic, so there are several chalky feeling runs, but the true chalky are marked CH from what i have seen and are all orange.

I love the feel of the chalky (orange small wizard stamp marked CH) wizard i have, but can't bring myself to throw it its in my collection.

I think the "chalky" is an add in they put into the plastic, so there are several chalky feeling runs, but the true chalky are marked CH from what i have seen and are all orange.

The ones that I have are marked CH on the bottom as well and are black with streaks of white in them. My normal SS black ones are not streaky with white like these ones marked CH. I like my normal SS ones a little more but these CH marked ones have a nice feel to them as well.

was wondering what the deal is with the chalky plastic? im gonna be making an order from gateway for a tourny soon and im getting a buncha wizards and i wanna know what peopl think about this chalky plastic. tried to search but didnt find anything. ive never seen/felt one in person, but was thinkin it might be cool to get since its fairly new. but i dont wanna get a buncha discs people arent gonna like! and do they come in colors other than the rust color?

thanks!

I would recommend just contacting Gateway. They generally can run discs just for your needs. They do custom stuff all the time if it is feasible. We get chalky xouts in every shipment at Disc Nation, so I can tell you they still have them. We get them in black and orange(with white chalk streaks). I bet they can run them in other colors if you worked out a deal with them. Gateway is a players company, they like do that stuff.

The one from the Bowling Green Players Pack got me a yellow 3x JK Aviar-X straight up in a trade... I didn't want to let it go because it felt great, but I couldn't pass up a yellow 3x.

The ones that I have are marked CH on the bottom as well and are black with streaks of white in them. My normal SS black ones are not streaky with white like these ones marked CH. I like my normal SS ones a little more but these CH marked ones have a nice feel to them as well.

Good to know I haven't been to the gateway shop in a while and they change stuff up all the time. So apparently there are black ones out there

Chalky Wizards are where it's at for Wizard lovers. After feeling them in the BG Ams players pack I bought from Gateway and couldn't be happier. They are straighter then the other SS Wizards I have. The feel of them is just incredible.