• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Customer Service from MSt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have one Mercy at the moment and it got a slight bend in the flight plate from a tee shot and I can't get it all the way out. It has a faster drop rate now which is leading me to putt lower. My muscle memory has a certain angle it likes so I am not changing it- Course records come from having equipment that fits your game.

Who takes new plastic into a tourney anyway? Throwing a virtually unbeatable course record anywhere makes me think your current bag should see you through this weekend without fail.

@spikodelhyzer, NOSteveLA, and Steezo: How in the world could MST even break store policy and overnight Steezo discs THEY DON'T HAVE? Even if you did send them a label...

Sooner or later you'll have to calm down and realize it's just a mistake.

I was going to settle for two 172g Mercy's that Peter found. Please re-read the OP.

@spikodelhyzer, NOSteveLA, and Steezo: How in the world could MST even break store policy and overnight Steezo discs THEY DON'T HAVE? Even if you did send them a label...

Mistakes like this can and will happen just about anywhere you shop. The difference is how the store responds to the issue.

I personally think the OP is making a mountain out of a molehill.

BUT....

MS went out of their way to assure him of the weight. They knew of his special circumstances. They knew he was relying on them to come through based on these special circumstances and that he was relying on their unique position to weigh the discs. I say MS is liable for breach of warranty for fitness for a particular purpose.

Judge Cyclone has ruled.

Last I checked the last perfect person has been dead for a few thousand years. I order from m street occasionally and have had only one problem when a disc on their website was missing from inventory and they immediately emailed me and i got another disc. It is a mute point. The company did what they thought was in their best interest. Considering the markup on a disc they would lose their ass overnighting them to a customer, as well as paying an employee to drive them across town. How many discs would have to be sold to make up for this kind of expense. Also had the lat sticker not been on their you would have never known about the 4 grams. I have dealt with customers that no matter what you cannot make happy in situations like this, and at some a point a business has to make a decision whether they will continue to business with these type of customers. Threatening to blow this up on the Internet is the reason this ended the way it did. I will continue to purchase from M Street, and i recommend others do as well considering what they give back to our sport.
Lance

what if steezo's scale is wrong? somebody answer this ? i have worked shipping and receiving before and sometimes scales are off....soo...

one time i ordered a large stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from pizza hut....i know that they always put 35 pepperonis on there...i only got 31 pepperonis...i was very angry...

I was going to settle for two 172g Mercy's that Peter found. Please re-read the OP.
Ahh, I see that. Sorry, dude. I took a look around and didn't find ANY 170g Mercy's :\ Probably still time to get something overnighted though. Anyway, life goes on.

Raw deal, perhaps, because it's nice when these customer service issues work out better. It can be disappointing and frustrating when you are willing to spend extra bread to try to make things work out your way; however, it doesn't seem that they treated you any differently than they would any other customer by their policies. And to have been doing business with them for 5+ years... I suppose that means something from both sides of the fence. It's like waiting a couple more minutes for my drink or food order to get taken at a place where I am a regular. Are they taking advantage of my regularness? Or do they understand that I'll understand, because I've been going there once a week for 10 years, so a few extra minutes isn't much in the grand scheme of things?

I still find a couple of other related items to be curious... No judging... just... curious. :)
1. These two discs were so critically important for this one tourney? Do you order two new Mercy's for every tourney this way? Why this particular tourney, when you seem to be able to fare just fine with your current bag?
2. A 174g disc is only 2.4% heavier than a 170g disc, and I don't imagine the flight characteristics are remarkably different. I throw discs between 171g and 178g and I really can't feel any difference. Although I know that it has nothing to do with the customer service theme of the thread, I could understand a level of frustration if they sent you 174's when you were asking for 160's or 150's; that's a difference you can feel. Your beat up body is so carefully tuned that you can only throw 170g discs? Why not go lighter and make your body even happier?

Again, just curious. Sorry you didn't get what you wanted when you wanted it.

while people continue to get bent out of shape (like their putters)
there is one clear and blatant mistake that is sooo obvious I can't believe no one has called it out yet

and if this mistake had not been made this whole event could have been avoided

who throws Mercys over Pures?!?!?!?!

seriously

I personally think the OP is making a mountain out of a molehill.

For once, we agree on something!

Please tell me you checked out DN before you put in your order at MST, at least. What's done is done, and it appears that it won't be changing. It sucks, yes, but try taking your own advice and "man up" and just drop it? Cool, you're no longer going to shop there, you let others know about it, now it's just turning into a childish bitchfest.

while people continue to get bent out of shape (like their putters)
there is one clear and blatant mistake that is sooo obvious I can't believe no one has called it out yet

and if this mistake had not been made this whole event could have been avoided

who throws Mercys over Pures?!?!?!?!

seriously

:thmbup:

There is a saying in business that I'm sure you all have heard of. "The customer is always right", even if he really isn't. I don't care what the "store policy" is, you guys sell frisbees. Even though the OP probably could of handled it a little better, MS should have "maned up". I have personally been screwed over by MS myself and have heard of others also. While I still continue to buy discs from them, they need to take care of their mistakes. In my line of work, I deal with stupid ass customers everyday and as much as I want to tell them to not worry about something very trivial and meaningless, I can't. If anything, MS could of apologized for not being able to ship out those discs and offered something free because of it.

I also proceeded to say that our standard operating procedure was to have them send us the disc back (we reimburse for cheapest mode) in this case a flat rate priority envelope and upon receiving them back we send out replacements.
While I fully agree that the OP was being unreasonable and I believe your account of how it happened over his, I do have a couple comments.

1) Here's the "Terms and Conditions" from your website:
Policies at Marshall Street

Updated 5/31/2010
Refunds on Products

You can get a full refund on defective goods anytime. We may ask you to return the product in question, or send us a picture of it, but only when we need proof in order to get our own refund from the manufacturer. In general, however, if we make a mistake on your order we'll fix it, without further inconveniencing you.
You can also get a full refund on any product that's still new but you decide to return for whatever reason. You'll only have to pay any extra shipping charges.
Live Inventory Means Exact Color & Weight

We have live inventory (as of November 1, 2009), and don't have to use vague weight and color options. Our customers can now choose the exact weight and color of any disc we have in stock. If we still you the wrong disc, or make any other mistake that affects you, we'll fix the problem in your favor.
Shipping Within the United States

Shipping is free on all domestic orders (outside Alaska & Hawaii) on all orders over $50. For orders under $50, we charge a flat rate $6 shipping fee. Shipping on international orders is calculated by weight.

We use the Post Office's Priority Mail (1 to 3 days within the US) on most orders. We use UPS Ground when on larger packages when it's cheaper. All our baskets ship for free directly from the manufacturer, and are delivered in nearly all cases by UPS or Fedex.
Your Privacy

We will not share your email, snail mail, name, phone numbers, or any other information with anybody at all, except the people who work here and need to know your information to ship your order. We do collect customer e-mail addresses for our own electronic newsletter, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
The only "policy" I can find there is that you'll fix stuff "without further inconveniencing you" and "in your favor." It's very easy to interpret that the way the OP did. Claiming you have a different policy after he actually got the "wrong" discs (I'd argue that the weight was within the margin of error, but I'll get to that later) is your guy's fault.

2) Making the claim that you are better at weighing discs than the manufacturers is just asking for this kind of stuff to happen. Because difference in calibration and current environmental conditions can affect the weight measurement of a disc, superseding what the manufacturer put on there with a new weight reading suggests that everyone else will see the same results. The whole point of this is to attract people who have an unreasonable expectation of disc weight, so ending up with unreasonable customers is something you'll just have to deal with. I actually think it's plausible that the disc did weigh 170g at Marshall Street.

So while I agree with this:
I stand by my actions and think this is beyond childish.
I believe that the listed policies and claim that you are better at weighing the discs than the manufacturer will tend to get you more childish behavior from customers.

what if steezo's scale is wrong? somebody answer this ? i have worked shipping and receiving before and sometimes scales are off....soo...

one time i ordered a large stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from pizza hut....i know that they always put 35 pepperonis on there...i only got 31 pepperonis...i was very angry...

Did you offer to send a prepaid overnight label. They might have sent you 4 more pepperonis. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts