• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Disc Golf injury ever?

woohawk

My friends and I were were having a Disc Golf camping weekend up at Highbridge Disc Golf Complex in Ashland, WI (site of 2007 WDGC). I was driving and my follow through took to the left of the tee pad. There was a steep slope to the left with roots sticking out. I proceeded to fall down the slope to the left snapping both my Tibia and Fibula. Had to take 2 off road vehicles to get to the ambulance. I Had surgery that day. They put a metal rod and screws in my Tibia and I can not walk for at least 6 weeks. In the future I will be more aware of the surroundings of the tee pad.

Attachments

• Disc Golf Injury.jpg
    Disc Golf Injury.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 413
That's definitely a contender! :eek:

Here's the grisly thread

Ugh, that thread GDBP linked is old school.

Some VERY grisly stuff....:gross:

Take care Woohawk!

I'm squeamish to look at pics of grisly injuries, but I had a near critical miss. Was helping a friend find his disc and in doing so had to traverse a steep bank off the fairway to get to the area his disc had landed. Some loose material under my foot slid out and I fell forward onto a fallen dead tree with my gut absorbing the blow against a jagged broken limb jutting from it. I thought I had impaled myself. Had it been a pound or two more pressure I'm sure I would have, but as a result I had a grapefruit sized bruise with a funky purple center to show for it that lasted about 6 weeks.

Needless to say, I take extra precaution in avoiding landing there and in climbing down if it happens.

Holy crap!! That kinda stuff isnt supposed to happen in DG. Thats the kinda injuries I used to see when I was still racing MX.

Get well soon.

PS- Ladies LOVE scars!

I also fractured my fibula and severely sprained my ankle. Was throwing on wet long grass and front leg slipped out. Landed awkwardly on my left leg and heard it snap. Had to jump up a long hill on one leg to get to the car and go to ER. Had 2 Months off and rehab. Still two years later its only 75% and hurts. POS didnt heal right, I wish you luck.

My friends and I were were having a Disc Golf camping weekend up at Highbridge Disc Golf Complex in Ashland, WI (site of 2007 WDGC). I was driving and my follow through took to the left of the tee pad. There was a steep slope to the left with roots sticking out. I proceeded to fall down the slope to the left snapping both my Tibia and Fibula. Had to take 2 off road vehicles to get to the ambulance. I Had surgery that day. They put a metal rod and screws in my Tibia and I can not walk for at least 6 weeks. In the future I will be more aware of the surroundings of the tee pad.

As an X-ray tech, I always like seeing these post with the X-ray posted. That is definitely a twisting injury. Good luck with rehab and hope you better luck

Had my knee separate on my pivot foot when I went to pivot and my foot caught a root. I twisted and it didn't. The finger thing is pretty crazy. It's never fun to be de-gloved.

A disc golfer was lost to electricity this year in KC. Wouldn't that automatically be the the worst ever?

No doubt. :(

Same thing with the guy who fell to his death at that one course too.

Latest posts