• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Driver Ever

Wosrt disc ever

• Total voters
As for the Arrow, I've thrown one several times and although they do fly straight, they have ZERO glide and feel very odd in the hand.

This is my favorite disc for exactly that reason, there are putts where (strangely enough)I want zero glide. I like it in the wind, I like it in the water since it floats. I got my first birdie on a tunnel hole because I could throw it extremely straight.

Found a Frisbee disc one day in a ditch, light as a feather and flew about as far. It was about 8.5" in diameter so it must've been a golf disc but I left it at the next hole. When I finished the round there was a children's church group boarding a bus in the parking lot. I think that disc was one of theirs but if these are being marketed to kids I cannot believe they are going to enjoy dg. Give them 150 series
or other lightweight discs and find ones that fly straight so they don't get discouraged.

LEOPARD WAS TOOOOO SLOW FROM DAY ONE EVEN TRYING IT BACKHAND, AND THE WRAITH IS ALSO TOO SLOW. I USE A RAGING INFERNO FOR MY BACKHAND, AND A DESTROYER FOR MY SIDEARM AND CONSISTANTLY OUTDRIVE MY FRIENDS. WE ARE ALL SCRATCH GOLFERS BY THE WAY. I JUST DON'T SEE HOW INNOVA CLAIMS THE LEOPARD TO BE A GOOD STARTER DISC AND THE WRAITH TO BE ONE OF THE LONGEST FLYERS ON THE MARKET

Lol. Ok. Well I do know for a fact that myself along with many other pro dawgs that I've personally played with and personally seen throw these discs in question with accuracy. Some of these players include Ken Climo (throws the Wraith for distance) Aleksey Bubis, Jason Light, Dean Tannock, Kris Orrick just to name a few. Barry Shultz even has a signature Leopard. So I am still thinking the problem may be with your throwing motion. What is your rating BTW because "scratch" would mean around 1000 right? If you are rated that high then I guess don't change a thing and screw those Wraiths and Leopards! I am a 958 as of now and I have had the priviledge of getting waxed by these amazing "scratch" players. All I'm saying is you can give a "scratch" player a freakin trash can lid and they could throw it just fine.:D

I would have to say that the worst disc I have used would have to be either a lightning #2 upshot or the aerobie epic. I didnt like the Upshot because the rim was way too deep and the plastic felt almost greasy and very slick. The reason I dont like the epic, is because it is so unpredictable. If you dont throw it just perfect, it wont roll over and dives hard, but if you get a good throw, they go pretty far.
As far as overrated, I would totally have to go with the roc. I think that the buzzz is so much better, and everyone swears by the Roc.

#2 driver from lightning.

if there was a 7 fade rating, this disc would have it.

i'm convinced this disc actually starts going backwards at the end of its flight because it turns so hard.

The innova Moray....Is there even anyone that remembers that disc =P

There's a reason it's not listed anywhere or available anywhere ;)

I still have one of these. I used to love it but don't currently carry it in the bag. I have seen them pop up on Ebay a few times also. Last one I saw on there was the exact color and weight as mine.

150g Aviar

I have to chime in that the 150g aviar is about the worst real disc I've thrown. I've thrown the frisbee maxflight and that's just not a real disc. My dog does like it as a real chew toy though.

without singling out any particular disc, I'll say i've really gone away from Innova's champion plastic lately. It seems like they're more overstable than they should be, and get too slippery when they get wet. Not to mention they seem to get really stiff when they're cold. I'll stick with Star and DX plastic from here on out...

BTW I actually like the Turbo Putter. It doesn't come out with me anymore, but I was deadly with that thing inside 30 feet, especially for tight uphill shots with overhanging trees/bushes. If you can spin it right instead of throwing it, it'll shoot out like a laser. sticks to the chains well, too.

I never liked the roc it just never lived up to the hype for me. I used a MRV until discontinued then switched to the Buzz it has always done me right if I did my part right.

worst disc

The worst disc is... well, anything with a huge/wide rim. Not a fan of any of them. I especially dislike the T-Rex.

Saw where a couple other people were talking smack about the leopard. The leopard is my bread and butter driver. Heck, Barry Shultz throws them 400'+

I bought three Whamo discs for $5 (total!) on clearance this past year. The S Driver sucked, was unpredictable, tacoed with the lightest contact with a tree, so I left it on a course 1500 miles from home. I doubt I'll be getting a call back on that one :D

The putter I don't use, but it's heavier than my Aviars, so i keep it around for, errrrr, well, I'm not sure why. It's white, so I did use it as a scorecard once.

The Mid Range though, I like pretty well. It flies wherever I put it, and it's a little faster than my Shark. Not a great disc, but much better than the complete POS you'd expect from Whamo.

I just wanna say, without naming names, that it is funny to read people hating on a disc because of their inability to throw it properly... but you gotta throw what works for you

and for those who do not like the wraith, get a pro wraith! for some reason, the glide on this disc is much better than the star/champion version and once it is slightly worn, it will go a long way

I've owned a lot of them since they've come out and when throwing distance in a field, the pro wraith will consistently go 10-30 ft. farther than any other disc in my bag, with proper throws

The putter I don't use, but it's heavier than my Aviars, so i keep it around for, errrrr, well, I'm not sure why. It's white, so I did use it as a scorecard once.

LOL, thats the best use I've ever heard for a whamo disc :D

You guys just aren't using your worst discs correctly. Worst discs have a reason for existence: goof off rounds with friends. Friends and I still occasionally play "worst disc" rounds where everyone brings their one worst disc. We randomly select who gets which disc and who starts on hole 1, and we rotate who has which disc on every hole. So the best strategy is to bring a disc you can throw well but no one else can throw at all... so at least you'll get a disc you can throw every few holes.

Typical favorites for the "worst disc" round included:
* Beat-to-crap Optimizer (warped and pond-stained)
* Proto E-plastic Speed Demon (almost 180g, flat as a ruler, most overstable object I've ever thrown -- makes CE-Vipers look like Stingrays)
* Beat-to-crud Aerobie Epic (yeah, you try putting with that thing
* Original DGA Blunt Gumbputt (floppiest, eraser-like, worst forehand disc in history)
* 105g Gateway Wizard (actually a great disc, but SOOO light it is almost impossible to get used to in one hole -- especially when you get it before or after the Proto-E-Speed Demon)

There were others, but those were some of my favorites.

Last year, we did a "Dilapidated Disc Ice Bowl" where everyone got to bring their worst, most trashed disc (still had to be PDGA legal, so no holes or broken discs -- we used the broken discs for the trophies). Same basic idea... all the discs were randomly given out to people... groups went out as foursomes and had to trade through the four discs they were given (I think we played 16 or 20 holes to make it fair, so everyone got each disc in rotation the same number of times).

Obviously, since each foursome played with a different set of four craptastic discs, scores between groups weren't comparable. So we used the first round to seed the second round. It was a small tournament, so we were able to take the top score from every foursome, and put all those top-players in a group together for the 2nd, shorter round. Each group voted on the worst disc their group had and the 2nd round group had to play with the absolute worst discs available... everyone else spectated and heckled the top finals card.

It was one of the most fun and memorable tournaments I've ever played. We set up a temp course with some awesome holes and had the park to ourselves. And with all the dilapidated plastic flying through the air, there were some crazy shots, big rolls, weird long anhyzers that sank chains on total flukes... I highly, highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun variation on traditional disc golf for this ice bowl season -- or just for a fun round with friends.

my aviar that i used to have would sink at the last second(like it fell right off a cliff) and i think the most overrated disc is the boss. i hardly notice a difference between that and the destroyer.

i have found that with my throw, boss>destroyer. the boss i have has little to no dome, and it just flies for me. before i was throwing around 300-330 every throw now i get around 350-380 with the occasional 400 footer (gotta love those :D)

I feel that the most overrated disc would probably have to be the Roc

if you can not throw over 400 feet, then the higher speed discs will do nothing for you that improving your form can not do, so of course these discs will seem over rated

and I would have trouble believing anybody who thinks the roc is over rated has very good form, or they just like discraft, because seeing what a good player can do with a slightly worn roc is amazing at times, like the disc is on a string (a good flat top buzz is pretty awesome too)

Some discs just don't work for certain people.. I did not like the rocs at first, but there is a such a huge difference in the molds and plastics. Anyone can learn to throw a roc properly with practice. Some of the newer discs with the wide rims are not throwable at all if you can't grip it properly.. I'm sure that people with large hands have no problem.