• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Driver Ever

Wosrt disc ever

• Total voters
By far the worst...

disc that I've ever thrown has to be the Aerobie Epic. Aaargh! What a sham! Elliptical shape my eye!:doh:But being totally broke and lazy, I played with it until I discovered that it can be thrown side arm in an amazing way.:thmbup: I also don't give up on discs, I just come back to them later and try them some other way. Still, it took a lot of time and effort to learn how to throw this disc that I suspect most would not have suffered.:wall:

Although the concept of an ellipse seemed to be intriguing at the time, I have found that the Aerobie Epic is too scientifically advanced for my caveman brain.

why do you think they give three away with a $100 basket?

I was going to mention those discs that can with the In-step basket. LOL

My dad and I were building a disc retriever and needed a slice of plastic. I cut a small rectangle out of one of our Pluto Driver and only then did it fly straight. I really don't understand why In-step wastes the money putting them in with the basket. Maybe I am overestimating, but I would say 90% of people who buy Disc Golf Baskets have decent enough discs to throw at them.

For all the Groove haters, I agree about the inconsistency. They do not fly at all like the are advertised.

The Groove is a piece of junk, but what I don't get is that I have a few friends that use them. One mediocre at best but the other guy bombs it, granted he was a pitched it college and could probably forehand any disc like he does the groove.... and probably better.

I myself though don't like Innova's speed 12 discs (XCal and Destroyer). Figure I could get flak for saying the destroyer sucks but I really think it does.

wow... its scary to read this thread and see that ive got a bunch of these discs that no one likes... while the groove might not be my favorite disc, I carry a champion one in my bag, and I find it to have a really consistent straight flight with a great predictable fade at the end. granted it takes some time to break in a little and it might not fly like advertised but for throwing it as is I love how it holds the line and fades well... I threw it here at 2:46 ...

My vote would go to the Groove. I've had success with the Monarch and Katana but not the Groove.

I'm sure my vote would switch to one of those gimmicky quest discs, but I've stayed away from them.

I just took a "What Innova Disc Are You" quiz on facebook and it said I'm a Groove :doh:

Gateway Scream with Dimple Tchnology.
I've had this disc for 4-6 yrs and it has about 3 drive (atempts) on it. That thing sucks!!! Now I know why it was on sale!!! I wont even give this to my dog.

I have had one good throw with that disc. Ace run from the top of a hill it bounced off the basket. Every other throw besides that crap. :wall:

I have a groove and I don't use it much, but I've found it's good for one thing. When I throw it hard and flat it will surf about 2 inches off the ground and the skip hard to the left (RHBH). Nice for low ceilings.

I have a groove and I don't use it much, but I've found it's good for one thing. When I throw it hard and flat it will surf about 2 inches off the ground and the skip hard to the left (RHBH). Nice for low ceilings.

That's what Firebirds are for.

Gateway Blurr - stupid over stable, or just stupid. I hate to dis Gateway because I'm from STL, but they can only make putters.

You Groove haters are missing out on some serious glide. You can keep a Groove strait for 300'+ with a bit of turn at the end. Or turn it over for real distance.

I really need to take this disc out of my bag, it's way too understable...

Frisbee.jpg

Soft Magnet

A disc needs to hold its shape to remain a disc. Sure you can "putt" with it, but you cannot really throw it.

I hate to prove you wrong, but I can throw both my 175 Soft Magnets over 200ft. I use a 173 to putt 40ft and it and my 175 if for anything over 40ft - 200ft.

If you have any you want to sell, please Pm me.

Last edited:
I have a Sirius Orion LS, and that is the most inconstant disc I have ever thrown. It never flies or goes like I want it to. Very unpredictable.

quite ironically I traded away a Discraft surge that i found (no #) with a friend for the Groove about a week ago...I had a couple of wraith's in my bag i liked more than the surge...

anyway, today i got complimented on the great RHBH throw I made (which i found odd since i only throw 250-300').... with that groove... go figure...

actually, the groove is becoming my most used discs. it took quite a few throws, but i've gotten it fairly consistent

quite ironically I traded away a Discraft surge that i found (no #) with a friend for the Groove about a week ago...I had a couple of wraith's in my bag i liked more than the surge...

anyway, today i got complimented on the great RHBH throw I made (which i found odd since i only throw 250-300').... with that groove... go figure...

actually, the groove is becoming my most used discs. it took quite a few throws, but i've gotten it fairly consistent
I have a groove up for trade if you're interested.