• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you attempt a 300' drive over water?

Would you throw over water if the nearest land was 300' away?

• Yes

Votes: 155 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 114 37.4%
  • Only in tournament play

Votes: 36 11.8%

• Total voters
I would go for it as well. That is right on the edge of my range (325-350), but that's what makes it fun. And besides all of that I have several drivers that float. If I had no possible way of making it I would probably pass.

I would try with a floater...Dragon will go 300ft...

This hole is #17 at Jack Brooks Park at the second course. I think its 275 over the water. I have only done it once.

e7c217c2-1.jpg

I picked no, mostly because it's only a rare shot that goes anywhere near 300'. The only way I would throw it is with a Dragon, and if I had a kayak to paddle out and get it, or maybe a mermaid to go get it for me...:)

Donald

"Attempt"? Hell, I would skip it off the water 5 times, just to show off.

I played a course in Albion, MI that had a 320 footer directly over a river. You had to cross a bridge to get to the other side. Hardcore hole. I was the only one that went for it out of our group.
It was one of the most exciting holes I've played.

I parked it with a Z Force for an easy deuce.
Came in with a steady hyzer.
No doubt that added to my love for the hole.

BTW, one guy still lost a Buzzz on same hole.
He tried to play up to this side of the bank and over shot it.

Last edited:
I said, "Yes". I would more than likely pull out a disc I would'nt miss if it did go in the water though.

I picked yes, but in my head it was a wide open hole. If its a tunnel shot or a very low ceiling than I might choose differently.

Latest posts