• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you still consider it an ace?

So guys.... would it be an ace if i hit a basket that is hole 5 about 15' behind the 3 basket which i am shooting at.... :D
Dude - how do you play out of the basket? PENALTY stroke for dropping it into another hole's basket? That's crazy - you don't even get to putt for a birdie :D

Yikes - that's a rule nazi question - ERicJ? I assume you have to drop and take the penalty stroke and you're shooting 3 right?
I can't imagine that there would be a penalty for that, you would just take your lie right underneath the other basket and play from there. Even if you were playing in a tournament where the 2m rule was in effect, this would be well below that line, so it should be just like getting caught a couple feet off the ground in a bush.
What mashnut said is correct.

You mark your lie on the playing surface, in this case the ground, below the suspended disc. You throw your next shot from behind that mark/lie with no penalty.

The PDGA has no stance on ace pots because its something that has no bearing on the tournament. If it were, a lot of Ams who hit one would instantly lose their Am status unless they waived the money.

I've never heard of any TD or league that paid out a tin cup "ace"....ever. In fact, even a cali player in doubles has to hit it on his first shot. If he re-tees and it goes in, he can record a '1' for scoring purposes, but there's no payout.

The PDGA has no stance on ace pots because its something that has no bearing on the tournament. If it were, a lot of Ams who hit one would instantly lose their Am status unless they waived the money.

I've never heard of any TD or league that paid out a tin cup "ace"....ever. In fact, even a cali player in doubles has to hit it on his first shot. If he re-tees and it goes in, he can record a '1' for scoring purposes, but there's no payout.

wow i didnt know that but that makes a lot of sense....but now the question comes, would you still sign the disk?

Actually... The PDGA Competition Manual does mention ace pots for the exact reason you mention.

2.3. Reclassification
B. Amateur to Professional
(2) An Am player is automatically re-classified as Pro when the player has accepted cash while competing in a Pro division. Accepting prizes in lieu of cash or accepting money for winning an ancillary contest such as an ace pool does not cause a player to relinquish his or her amateur status.

lehmans terms please....i know its not that difficult to understand but im just trying to make sure im reading it right.
The official line from the PDGA says an Amateur player accepting cash for winning an Ace Pot does not automatically become a Pro.

SING WITH ME!!!

This is the thread that never ends.
I told you time and time my friends.
Somebody started posting not knowing what ace was
and they'll just keep on posting forever just because...

allright cool, so if im an am and hit an ace in a sanctioned round, win a big ace pot, i can still play am at the next one correct? (never played sanctioned so i wouldnt know these things, figure its better to find out now then when the situation comes up.)

SING WITH ME!!!

lol we're goin for the record # of posts on a topic, or so it seems ;)

SING WITH ME!!!

Can a two be a one if I want it to be?
Can I call it a one if it looks like a three?
If I take the first disc and throw it away
can I say "I got my first ace today"?

If I don't like the answer to any of these
questions I'll just keep saying please
give me my ace...I just need
an ace or I'll never be ha-a-ppy. :D

Can a two be a one if I want it to be?
Can I call it a one if it looks like a three?
If I take the first disc and throw it away
can I say "I got my first ace today"?

If I don't like the answer to any of these
questions I'll just keep saying please
give me my ace...I just need
an ace or I'll never be ha-a-ppy. :D

lmao:p
yes please give me my "2nd* ace" oh please oh please.....
i believe after this thread is all said and done i will care less about aces and never want to see or hear another one.

ok maybe 1:D

or 2

or......

What's sad is that yesterday I went and tagged along with my brother and almost aced a hole and the first thing that came to my mind was this thread. I wasn't playing a round at all per se because I've been rehabbing my sore arm so I only took a Monarch and threw it maybe 5 times before that hole. I've been trying to convince my bro to get a Monarch and I literally said, "This is the perfect disc for this hole." I then proceeded to clank the disc just on the edge of the top of the basket. I could only think about how I wouldn't have counted it as an ace thanks to my strict definition. Messed up.

No, he has amazingly found enough discs without names and or numbers to fill a starter bag. One day, his addiction will level up into buying frenzy, one day.

eric j knows all!!! it wasnt good enough when i answered you mark your lie under the basket...all hail the king of disc golf knowledge, snakes and everthing else for that matter

eric j knows all!!! it wasnt good enough when i answered you mark your lie under the basket...all hail the king of disc golf knowledge, snakes and everthing else for that matter

You're being very undude, Dude, nothing is f*@cked here Dude, nothing is f*&cked, they're a bunch of F*%CKING AMATEURS!

Latest posts