• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you still consider it an ace?

I hit a shot yesterday on my first throw........what do yall think????

Ace talk is funny because people have so many different views. If it goes in on your first throw then your good. If it wasnt your first throw and it makes you feel better to call it an ace then call it an ace.

So guys.... would it be an ace if i hit a basket that is hole 5 about 15' behind the 3 basket which i am shooting at.... :D

Just kidding guys ;) i know its not an ace.. dont crucife me. It was kidding stinky to watch my disc go in the wrong basket though. Dumb teerex dont know what basket im shooting at unless its told!

So guys.... would it be an ace if i hit a basket that is hole 5 about 15' behind the 3 basket which i am shooting at.... :D
That's a black ace. It means you pay everybody 5 bucks instead of them paying you.

ace

a: a die face marked with one spot
b: a playing card marked in its center with one pip
c: a domino end marked with one spot
d: a golf score of one stroke on a hole ; also : a hole made in one stroke

Is two equal to one? May it never be.

O'Brien held up his left hand, its back toward Winston, with the thumb hidden and the four fingers extended. "How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?"

"Four."

"And if the Party says that it is not four but five—then how many?"

"Four."

The word ended in a gasp of pain. The needle of the dial had shot up to fifty-five. The sweat had sprung out an over Winston's body. The air tore into his lungs and issued again in deep groans which even by clenching his teeth he could not stop. O'Brien watched him, the four fingers still extended. He drew back the lever. This time the pain was only slightly eased.

"How many fingers, Winston?"

"Four."

The needle went up to sixty. "How many fingers, Winston?"...

"Five! Five! Fivel"

"No, Winston, that is no use. You are lying. You still think there are four. How many fingers, please?"

"Four! Five! Four! Anything you like. Only stop it, stop the pain!"

-1984 George Orwell

?? anyways they are so close together cause its a tiny little park. used to be 6 hole before somebody jacked the 5 basket so we have to play from the 5 basket to the 2 basket.. its called green btw right outside of roseburg OR

O'Brien held up his left hand, its back toward Winston, with the thumb hidden and the four fingers extended. "How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?"

"Four."

"And if the Party says that it is not four but five—then how many?"

"Four."

The word ended in a gasp of pain. The needle of the dial had shot up to fifty-five. The sweat had sprung out an over Winston's body. The air tore into his lungs and issued again in deep groans which even by clenching his teeth he could not stop. O'Brien watched him, the four fingers still extended. He drew back the lever. This time the pain was only slightly eased.

"How many fingers, Winston?"

"Four."

The needle went up to sixty. "How many fingers, Winston?"...

"Five! Five! Fivel"

"No, Winston, that is no use. You are lying. You still think there are four. How many fingers, please?"

"Four! Five! Four! Anything you like. Only stop it, stop the pain!"

-1984 George Orwell
No matter what Big Brother tells you 2 shots does not equal 1.

Dude - how do you play out of the basket? PENALTY stroke for dropping it into another hole's basket? That's crazy - you don't even get to putt for a birdie :D

Yikes - that's a rule nazi question - ERicJ? I assume you have to drop and take the penalty stroke and you're shooting 3 right?

Dude - how do you play out of the basket? PENALTY stroke for dropping it into another hole's basket? That's crazy - you don't even get to putt for a birdie :D

Yikes - that's a rule nazi question - ERicJ? I assume you have to drop and take the penalty stroke and you're shooting 3 right?
Ouch. I never thought of the penalty for accidentally hitting the wrong basket. That would supersuck. You sink the wrong basket AND you get punished for it.

I can't imagine that there would be a penalty for that, you would just take your lie right underneath the other basket and play from there. Even if you were playing in a tournament where the 2m rule was in effect, this would be well below that line, so it should be just like getting caught a couple feet off the ground in a bush.