• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you still consider it an ace?

Someone needed to provide some order to this thread, what better way then in angry German? It's the only way I can control my Schnauzer Klaus.

It seems like we have come to this conclusion:

An ace is an ace (of case of case....)

No, but seriously, ace = 1st shot off the tee into the bucket

most of cubbies videos are listed as holes in ones not aces but i think hes counting all of them towards his ace count so who knows im sure hes hit a few real aces but im guessing more towards the (practice)ace side .

OK here is a scenario:

You are playing a course for the first time. The people you are playing are describing which basket is you are to shoot at. You throw at the the one further away thinking that is the correct one and you hit it. Then they are like NO!, it's the one right of that and shorter. You hit the one you were aiming at. It's a Black Ace for sure.

I know it isn't an ace, but what a bum deal!

talk about an emotional roller coaster...lol.
at first you would go nuts only to be pulled right back down to earth and then have your heart stomped to the ground and spit on, and then beatin with a stick

This is a stupid story, but this thread can't get any worse. :rolleyes:

I count my starting date as a disc golfer as '95, becasue that is probably about when I started playing regularly. My first round of disc golf was actually in the late 80's, so probably 20 years ago. My ace count for 20 years is zero. Zip. Ziltch. Nada. None. I've never hit an Ace, and I don't claim that I have.

One morning in probably '98ish I went out early on a Sunday morning to throw at Watson Trail Park. At some point I threw a 1st run Stratus on hole #2, which should be the first clue that I had no idea what I was doing becasue old hole #2 was an elevated tee where you needed to hit a straight line down a walking path and let the disc hyzer (hopefully) through some guardian trees to a basket set maybe 25 ft to the left of the path...maybe 230ish. It was a weenie-arm Roc shot, so why I was throwing a Stratus is beyond me. Anyway, the Stratus went down the left side of the fairway like I wanted, then flipped like a Stratus should have and hit a tree on the right side of the fairway. Just a terrible throw. Classic poor disc selection. If I'd have missed the tree I'd have been waaayyy off into the woods on the right praying for a seeing-eye upshot to save a three at best. But...it hit the tree. The shot glanced off the tree and ricocheted hard to the left and DIRECTLY INTO THE BASKET.

There was not another human being in the park. No witness, no Ace. It was also in the winter and the tee was a mud pit, so I actually teed from the side of the tee. Foot fault, no Ace.

I don't even really think about it. Some people retire Ace discs. I tried to give the Stratus I made that shot with to Donovan and even he didn't want it. It's not an Ace disc, just an old Stratus. Rules are rules. No witness, no Ace.

It was a crappy shot, anyway.

OK here is a scenario:

You are playing a course for the first time. The people you are playing are describing which basket is you are to shoot at. You throw at the the one further away thinking that is the correct one and you hit it. Then they are like NO!, it's the one right of that and shorter. You hit the one you were aiming at. It's a Black Ace for sure.

I know it isn't an ace, but what a bum deal!
if you hit the one you were aiming for and it was a more difficult shot than the real hole I would probably count it and tell the story every time somebody asked me about aces.

This is a stupid story, but this thread can't get any worse. :rolleyes:

I count my starting date as a disc golfer as '95, becasue that is probably about when I started playing regularly. My first round of disc golf was actually in the late 80's, so probably 20 years ago. My ace count for 20 years is zero. Zip. Ziltch. Nada. None. I've never hit an Ace, and I don't claim that I have.

One morning in probably '98ish I went out early on a Sunday morning to throw at Watson Trail Park. At some point I threw a 1st run Stratus on hole #2, which should be the first clue that I had no idea what I was doing becasue old hole #2 was an elevated tee where you needed to hit a straight line down a walking path and let the disc hyzer (hopefully) through some guardian trees to a basket set maybe 25 ft to the left of the path...maybe 230ish. It was a weenie-arm Roc shot, so why I was throwing a Stratus is beyond me. Anyway, the Stratus went down the left side of the fairway like I wanted, then flipped like a Stratus should have and hit a tree on the right side of the fairway. Just a terrible throw. Classic poor disc selection. If I'd have missed the tree I'd have been waaayyy off into the woods on the right praying for a seeing-eye upshot to save a three at best. But...it hit the tree. The shot glanced off the tree and ricocheted hard to the left and DIRECTLY INTO THE BASKET.

There was not another human being in the park. No witness, no Ace. It was also in the winter and the tee was a mud pit, so I actually teed from the side of the tee. Foot fault, no Ace.

I don't even really think about it. Some people retire Ace discs. I tried to give the Stratus I made that shot with to Donovan and even he didn't want it. It's not an Ace disc, just an old Stratus. Rules are rules. No witness, no Ace.

It was a crappy shot, anyway.

Dude, witness or no witness, if you make one, you make one. End of story. Be true to yourself, take what the course gives you and enjoy the event. Don't get hung up on that other stuff. You threw it from where you were playing the hole from due to the conditions & it went in. Conrgats form me bro!