• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I'm loving the Climo star wraiths. So money, so stable. Wanna buy em all

Yeah, I just watched his 'In the Bag' from this past year. It has convinced me that I need to get Wraiths back into my bag. I love how he says that a S-Destroyer is almost too much disc for him. Makes me feel good. The Destroyer fits my FH game perfectly but it takes too much effort for me to BH them. That's where the Wraith shines for me. Stable, controlled BH drives even into a headwind. Even though the flight #'s of these two discs only differ by speed, I find the Destroyer to be much more OS. I think I'm going to order a GStar Wraith. Hopefully they are flat because those are the best kind of Wraiths.

I want to give the venerable Wraith a go. Considering Star plastic and Bottom Stamp Star, as that is what my local has. What do I need to know. How does dome change flight? Weight?

I throw TBs 350ish. Looking for something with a little more reach.

I want to give the venerable Wraith a go. Considering Star plastic and Bottom Stamp Star, as that is what my local has. What do I need to know. How does dome change flight? Weight?

I throw TBs 350ish. Looking for something with a little more reach.

I have 3, all have a moderate dome. The 167 is beat into a -2 2 when there is no wind. I have a bottom stamped 175 and that thing is straight at about 370. It will turn ever so slightly and fade maybe "1" I would rate it -.5 1. It's spectacular. The only advice I have to give is to buy one, now.

I've got a 161g StarLite Wraith on the way. Anyone throw these before? I've thrown 144g & 150g Blizzard Wraiths before. They would bomb but I always wanted one around 160. StarLite plastic at all durable?

I remember about 2 years ago I found a Climo Star Wraith, off a fairway with no name on it. I wasnt throwing Wraiths since I had moved up to Destroyers. Well it sat there for a while I was gonna give it to someone and then I saw Bradley Williams throwing them in is Roy G video and decided to give them another shot. WOW what a good decision, they turn wonderfully, are good at high and low speeds and fit my hand perfectly. They are my flippy destroyer of choice lol. Cant see ever not throwing a Wraith now.

I throw a champion 172 Wraith with hand drawn DX art work on it. This was my first champion Wraith & will not be the last. I did use star previously. However, found they go under stable with only little damage. My DX Wraiths are down right flippy. I find the Freak very similar to the Wraith & love them both. My Star Freak has gone neutral & goes very straight into the wind.

Right now my main distance driver is a 175g Echostar Wraith. I've been playing with it since May of last year and I now feel like I'm getting the hang of it. Parked a 360' drive with about 40' of elevation gain for a birdie and then tossed it over 420' on the next hole. I expect it to turn a little bit but fade back reliably at the end. Overall the flight path is pretty tight, but I still like having a bit of space when I throw it.

Does anyone know if they have released Wraiths in the Jolly Launcher plastic? I would love to try one of them if they have.

my buddy that cant even throw 300 hit the basket on 275 hole down hill on a sloppy flick. wraith love

and its the bottom stamp and kinda gummy i liked the feel

Does anyone know if they have released Wraiths in the Jolly Launcher plastic? I would love to try one of them if they have.

You could probably email the factory store and ask if they have any.

A couple of years ago I had a wraith and I couldn't throw it. Too fast and too overstable.

I just got a 150 blizzard, and it has the highest dome I've ever seen. Lately I've been lucky to get 300 feet on a throw, and today I was throwing that disc over 350. It turns over and keeps turning and levitating, and finally drops and fades over the horizon. I usually have a hard time maintaining a high speed turn. It either rolls over, or comes back and fades. But this disc just keeps going.

I'm not able to control the flight path very well yet. But it's my new open field distance driver.

A couple of years ago I had a wraith and I couldn't throw it. Too fast and too overstable.

I just got a 150 blizzard, and it has the highest dome I've ever seen. Lately I've been lucky to get 300 feet on a throw, and today I was throwing that disc over 350. It turns over and keeps turning and levitating, and finally drops and fades over the horizon. I usually have a hard time maintaining a high speed turn. It either rolls over, or comes back and fades. But this disc just keeps going.

I'm not able to control the flight path very well yet. But it's my new open field distance driver.

i wouldnt even bother if it is that unpredictable

I carry 3 for max D drivers.

156g Blizz @ -2/0
150g Blizz @ -1/2
163 Champ @ 0/3

Since max weight speed 10's do the same for me, I only need to carry speed 9's on down, saving space and weight in the bag.

I've got a 161g StarLite Wraith on the way. Anyone throw these before? I've thrown 144g & 150g Blizzard Wraiths before. They would bomb but I always wanted one around 160. StarLite plastic at all durable?

Please let us know. It's getting hard to find regular champ Wraiths in the low 160's and the non-first run Blizzards (without bubbles in the flight plate) aren't stable enough.

I'm not a fan of the starlite stamps but with only a few regular champs, and 7-8 1st run blizzards left as back-ups, beggars can't be choosers.

Looking for -1 to O HSS and +2 to +3 LSS. Thanks.

You could probably email the factory store and ask if they have any.

Good idea. I emailed them and they said that the Sarah Cunningham tour Wraiths are JL. JL stocked stamped are just starting to hit stores. And, I will be pleasantly surprised with an upcoming release.

I can't wait to see what that release is? Wraith3? Lol, just kidding but who knows.

Found a bottom stamp Wraith today with no ink on it other than WR and the weight. The WR was above the weight. Most I can find have the weight listed above the WR on the disc. Wondering what plastic type this is? Feels like star to me but there is no star written down. Any help out there. Thanks

Doing some field work and testing. Threw a Champ Wraith in the mix 168. Really am considering Wraiths now. Was popping it out to 384, 390 and 366. Pretty good distance for me and really was controllable. I don't really have the speed for Destroyers unless it's a headwind. I am for sure reconsidering my distance driver selection. I like the narrower rim too, feels comfy.

Wraith love!!!