• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I've been doing all of my second shots on, and shorter tee shots, from a standstill for months because I have enough distance (inside of 250') but I have plans to extend my sidearm out further before taking on any new projects. I'll consider that one after and thanks.

i love wraiths! gotten 7 aces with the mold. 5 with champ and 2 with star. i am breaking in a z surge in its slot currently but once that seasons, i have a nice flat jolly launcher one next in line, ready to go.

from what i understand, the big deal about wraiths is SWR and S.WR not S/WR.

if you have patent numbers and SWR, you have an older wraith. that's about the extent of my knowledge.

additionally there have been many destroyers coming out lately, and teebirds too, marked s/tb, s/ds. so it may be possible they are doing it with wraiths.

Last edited:
from what i understand, the big deal about wraiths is SWR and S.WR not S/WR.

if you have patent numbers and SWR, you have an older wraith. that's about the extent of my knowledge.

additionally there have been many destroyers coming out lately, and teebirds too, marked s/tb, s/ds. so it may be possible they are doing it with wraiths.

In my experience, the ones that say Wraith on the top and are made in a premium type plastic are the really good ones. :p

SWR markings are excellent throwers, similar flight differences as seen with a *d and current destroyers. Blue and red are amazing examples of star plastic. There is a run of beautiful transitional colors, but their flight plates are supple and nkt very durable.
Two years ago you could get them for 24 just as a preflight discs. Now they're 35-60 on facebook.

I was just curious on the markings cause the two I bought today were different. Gonna throw them regardless. I am wondering now if my older one is SWR though...

Nope. All S/WR or *WR.

I'm not really seeing any freakishly high PLH stars at GGGT when I look through their stuff so I guess I'm going to need a champ or two for FH and utility work come springtime. Oh bummer...gotta buy more discs...

Just lost 2 Wraiths today. Back to back throws into the drink. First one clipped a tree as soon as I released it and went in. The second got eaten by a serious headwind and into the drink. Man I lose a lot of Wraiths. My most lost mold for sure. Good thing I keep a solid stock. Always feels bad to lose on though. I'll pour out a little liquor for my lost homies.

Saw Nate Sexton is testing out a stack of flat Star Wraiths (via FB). Maybe going to be his tour disc this year?

My favorite Wraith I've owned is a board flat 12x champy star. Flat Star Wraiths complement my Star Destroyers very nicely.

My favorite Wraith I've owned is a board flat 12x champy star. Flat Star Wraiths complement my Star Destroyers very nicely.

I have a 168 FLAT 12x *Wraith. Been looking to throw it again because it was a go to when I first started disc golf. How do you find it complements your Destroyers?

Less fade, skip and distance. I use it for more controlled shots for sure but it can still bomb pretty well.

I left a domey champ opaque metalflake wraith at the course one night and never got a call. We were playing a round on my birthday and right before dark we were emptying our bags at #11 trying for an ace. Anyway, it was my go to headwind/skip disc great for long hyzers. Havent thrown another wraith like it and haven't found the replacement yet.

My stock is where I need it I think, Got 4 Stars, 2 Champs and 2 Pro Wraiths. Also got a Star DD.

Anyone else like the DD? It's basically a bit more stable Wraith. I might pick up another P-Line DD and Pro Wraith just to round it out. Should be set hopefully for the year.

Latest posts