• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Had a pull come off real nice and I watched my 171 12x star wraith gradually climb up from the hyzer I released it on to becoming flat, then turn a little then out in the distance it faded onto the grass rather gently. I pull up my Udisc app to measure the throw and it said 455ft. The landmarks for the pin drops looked spot on. #wraithlove

I'm going to say it again. Wow love this disc. My backhand has surly been better adding the wraith to the bag. this weekend I just hit a birdy inside of 20 foot circle with the wraith. First time I've been able to do that. Currently rocking a pro star and five gstars that will be weeded down in the next couple of weeks. pairs so well with the glow leo3 in the bag.

So I'm just starting out on Wraiths.

I have had a *WR in the crates for about 2 years. 168g and on the flatter side. Have had some nice pulls in the 380" range that slightly flip, glide/ drift, then come back to center or slightly left. The only problem I have had is when I try to throw it hard and flatter and it goes off line to the right, which is on me. Much more rewarding because I have to throw clean to make it work.

Picked up a 7/10 pearly champ and a 8/10 White Climo Tour Series today to fool around with this weekend. Both disc have a little higher PLH, they match, and a slight dome. Any idea of what I could expect with these?

I'm starting to think the Wraith I have is broke. I can get turn out of *DS and Bosses, but I'll be damned if the *WR I have just won't turn for nothing. It's super stable. Everyone says "throw a wraith" but from the one I've tried, it just don't fly. I need to pick up a few more I guess and give em a shot. The one I've got is nearly board flat, Climo stamped.

I'm starting to think the Wraith I have is broke. I can get turn out of *DS and Bosses, but I'll be damned if the *WR I have just won't turn for nothing. It's super stable. Everyone says "throw a wraith" but from the one I've tried, it just don't fly. I need to pick up a few more I guess and give em a shot. The one I've got is nearly board flat, Climo stamped.

This makes me feel better about the two Star Wraiths I have lol.. One I can throw quite straight but the other makes me feel like I just started DG again for the first time :\ mine are yellow 12x..

I have three star Wraiths. One has a puddle top that is a hyzer flip machine. A 12 time with no patent numbers that is stable and a 12 time with patent numbers that is super beef!

Yeah, the super overstable ones are the exception. I have one flat, firm star like that and the PLH is significantly higher than all of my others. I use it as a utility or headwind disc as it's more of a faster firebird to be honest.
I'm guessing yours is a freak one. The other stars I have I could get a little turn out of on a flat throw right out of the box, and that's in the 375' - 390' range.

^nice stable wraith is one of innovas best drivers. They bomb once seasoned but fly pretty OS when fresh. I would find a lot of OS runs of Xout stamped wraiths at PIAS in a hard star plastic too circa 2010?! Eventually i found wraiths came in multiple stability flavors lol.

In my experience the most OS Wraiths are stiff Champs, and domey stiff, high PLH Stars. One of the beefiest I threw was a pop top Pro, though it had pretty significant flashing at the bottom that seemed to factor in.
I need to grab some Pro's again, great bomber disc.

Well, I went out and found some more wraiths, and found out the *WR I have really was broke, well not broke but is crazy overstable. I've got slots 1 thru 5, overstable to flippy covered with 1 mold now. I took out like 8 discs and replaced them with 5 and was able to add in a flippy TL, and a new glow roc. Simplification of molds in pretty awesome so far.

Simplification of molds in pretty awesome so far.

The Wraith is the only mold that I have several of to cover different stabilities.
175g Star - OS
166g Champion - Very Stable
160g Blizzard - Stable.

I've had a hard time over the years finding a fast driver that feels right in my hand. Wraith always has been the go to.

Love my Wraiths. I threw mostly Champion Wraiths for over a year but just picked up two star Wraiths in the last few months. Cashed in my first Wraith Ace (Wrace?) with one of the new ones on Tuesday!

There seems to be quite a few people using Star as their OS Wraith, are they more common to find with a higher PLH than Champion?

Are the Wraith enthusiasts out there sticking with high PLH Wraiths for OS shots or are you using a beefier mold like a Destroyer or Xcal instead?

Last year, pre shoulder injury, I had a freak OS Star, but was experimenting with DDs as a replacement for that. Anything wider rimmed just isn't comfortable to me, so I may be an exception.

There seems to be quite a few people using Star as their OS Wraith, are they more common to find with a higher PLH than Champion?

Are the Wraith enthusiasts out there sticking with high PLH Wraiths for OS shots or are you using a beefier mold like a Destroyer or Xcal instead?

I keep a fresh *DS in the bag for my more OS shots and longer forehands. I also plan on trying out a Max and an Xcal for that slot, just because I have them in a storage bin and wanna see how they work for me.

I keep a fresh *DS in the bag for my more OS shots and longer forehands. I also plan on trying out a Max and an Xcal for that slot, just because I have them in a storage bin and wanna see how they work for me.

I did that for a long while with Destroyers. After my FH form got stronger I replaced that slot with the Crush. It takes more effort to throw the Crush but I get a stronger fade and it is more dependable in winds to keep that '0' HSS.

I've never checked out an XCal but the Max I field tested was an absolutely useless level of OS. Reminded me of the 175g C-PD2 I tested. Just immediately would tank to the ground.

I've thrown one Max and it did the same, I got an older, more beat in one I wanted to try to see if it was of any use, my guess would be no, I don't have a Simon or Eagle arm. A lot of folks have recommended the xcal for fh drives, but as my forehand form comes along, I may not need to rely on such an OS disc to get the same results, the *DS is working pretty well for me.

Latest posts