• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

So I have been throwing the DD for a bit now and love it my S line DD is my go to FH distance disc. Anyone here have any experience with the CD3?seems like a Wraith with a little beef taken off? Can anyone give a side by side review of Wraith and CD3? TIA for all input.

Dang. Lost one of my favorite Wraiths last night on an easy hole. We all like looked for like 20 mins to no avail. I then proceeded to have a huge meltdown bogey parade so that was nice. At least I got that out of the way and can play well today.

So I have been throwing the DD for a bit now and love it my S line DD is my go to FH distance disc. Anyone here have any experience with the CD3?seems like a Wraith with a little beef taken off? Can anyone give a side by side review of Wraith and CD3? TIA for all input.

Also. Are slightly flatter Wraiths hard to come by? I have two in star and they're moderately domey(OS) which feels great in the hand and POP TOP (S/US) which flies better for me but is a bit too domey and I like moderate dome. TIA for all input.

I used to play regularly with a group that all used Star Wraiths as their primary disc. Have two aces with two star wraiths, and really kept these out of my bag once I tried to get better. I don't have the arm for them.

Randomly at the store last week I found a 163 Pro Wraith that feels like it's got some gstar in it. Beautiful disc with just a great feel. Turns out that it has some natural turn for me and same normal hard fade since I can't throw over 300. Keeping it in my bag based off some nostalgia, but mostly because it shows some life in its flight.

A few days ago I lost a starlite wraith I like to use for upshots by hammering it off a tree after a mando, and it flew off into the woods pretty deep. My whole card looked for a solid 10+ mins to no avail. I tanked the rest of the round too, it was bad mojo.

Got the magical text today though! Booyah! Wraith back nestled safely in the bag ������

Wraith with a little beef taken off is correct. Although not super flippy right out of the box, but some. Might break in to be pretty flippy.

I threw a friend's CD3 right when they came out last year; it was one of the early run C-lines that they did as fundraisers for Konopiste.

This was a brand new, domey, jolly-ish C line. I put it somewhere between a Wraith and Krait in stability. Same distance, same glide. Showed a little turn, but had healthy fade. More of a shot shaper flight, not a line drive. But would probably hyzer flip really nicely when broken in.

I never felt the need to bag one because I had a fully developed Wraith cycle at the time, so it would have been pure overlap. But the CD3 is a fine disc for sure. Would be a nice complement to the DD; definitely more workable.

Wraith with a little beef taken off is correct. Although not super flippy right out of the box, but some. Might break in to be pretty flippy.

I threw a friend's CD3 right when they came out last year; it was one of the early run C-lines that they did as fundraisers for Konopiste.

This was a brand new, domey, jolly-ish C line. I put it somewhere between a Wraith and Krait in stability. Same distance, same glide. Showed a little turn, but had healthy fade. More of a shot shaper flight, not a line drive. But would probably hyzer flip really nicely when broken in.

I never felt the need to bag one because I had a fully developed Wraith cycle at the time, so it would have been pure overlap. But the CD3 is a fine disc for sure. Would be a nice complement to the DD; definitely more workable.
Thanks!

I recently got a G* Wraith to replace my trusty Star Wraith that I threw in the water at Gordon Holton DGC. It started off rather meaty but quickly worked in after a few tree hits. Now it flies like a dream, like a Wraith should.

The Wraith has become one of my favorite discs, it just flies so nice. It even feels a bit forgiving compared to other drivers. I can't wait to throw it some more!

I recently got a G* Wraith to replace my trusty Star Wraith that I threw in the water at Gordon Holton DGC. It started off rather meaty but quickly worked in after a few tree hits. Now it flies like a dream, like a Wraith should.

The Wraith has become one of my favorite discs, it just flies so nice. It even feels a bit forgiving compared to other drivers. I can't wait to throw it some more!

Seasoned Wraiths are just so great. You can keep cranking on them with hyzer lines and they fly so far and stable.

What other molds did you use in place of the Wraith. I've strayed a few times over the years, especially with faster molds, but I always come back to the real deal. A worked in Star paired with a beefy Champion is as good as it gets.

Seasoned Wraiths are just so great. You can keep cranking on them with hyzer lines and they fly so far and stable.

What other molds did you use in place of the Wraith. I've strayed a few times over the years, especially with faster molds, but I always come back to the real deal. A worked in Star paired with a beefy Champion is as good as it gets.

Same, Star Wraiths are my most purchased but also most lost disc over the years. Really haven't found anything that has seriously kept me away from it. Tried Destroyers, Surges, Outlaws, Teerexes, and probably others that I can't remember. The ones that came the closest were Champ Terns and light beat ESP Forces.

It's been outclassed per se for years now but you'd be hard pressed to find a more accessible max D driver for arms of all types that is readily available in good plastics. Even though off the shelf they vary like most distance drivers, an average 166-172 Star Wraith will fly true to its numbers and have a long and useful life. As long as you're not like me and lost it prematurely :| .

I first came across a Wraith when I found a DX with no name. It felt a little beefy for me at the time so I threw it on a shot where trees wasn't a factor. First throw with this I fell in love and seen it would compliment my Beasts since I mainly used my Beasts for wooded shots and open shots. Once I got use to the Wraith I was throwing them 20 to 30ft farther than my Beasts so the Wraith became my open shot driver and I haven't looked back.

I carry a DX,Pro and Star in my bag covering different shots. I have 5 more that I don't bag if I need them. I love the Wraith,best open shot driver for me.

I actually had a Champ Wraith several years ago but I felt like it wasn't working for me. I also had a DX Wraith that was suuuuper flippy and would roll over even on a ridiculous hyzer. I took the distance drivers out of my bag for a while so I could work with slower discs. Then I eventually got a nice F2 Star Wraith and loved it... then lost it. But now I'm loving my G* Wraith and I'm converted for life. I might try a Destroyer some time, but the Wraith is just a beaut.

I got the privilege to play some golf up at Smuggler's Notch for the first time last weekend. Hole 8 is a pretty well downhill 445' shot. The line is a hyzer around the guardian tree in front of the basket, the rest of the hole is open, OB water way long and left. Took out my trusty newer swirly star wraith and put it about 15 long of the pin. Probably one of my best drives ever.
ewWecMY

Last edited:
I got the privilege to play some golf up at Smuggler's Notch for the first time last weekend. Hole 8 is a pretty well downhill 445' shot. The line is a hyzer around the guardian tree in front of the basket, the rest of the hole is open, OB water way long and left. Took out my trusty newer swirly star wraith and put it about 15 long of the pin. Probably one of my best drives ever.
ewWecMY

It was a beautiful day.

Attachments

• pMtE8G7.jpg
    pMtE8G7.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 36
ewWecMY

Is a swirly star Wraith an anomoly of some sort? If not wherr can I get one

Is a swirly star Wraith an anomoly of some sort? If not wherr can I get one

Mine isn't "swirled star" plastic like you see on the new tour series discs, but just a penned *WR with some pretty swirls in it. There are the "swirly star" KC tour series wraiths but you usually have to Shell out for those.

Attachments

• IMG_20180710_063512.jpg
    IMG_20180710_063512.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180710_063533.jpg
    IMG_20180710_063533.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 18
Mine isn't "swirled star" plastic like you see on the new tour series discs, but just a penned *WR with some pretty swirls in it. There are the "swirly star" KC tour series wraiths but you usually have to Shell out for those.

Yeah definitely anomaly occurrences for the most part. The last star XXL I bought was the swirliest I've ever seen, but that isn't the norm at all.

It's a pretty cool feeling to hop back on this site after years away and see a thread that I started now have 600+ responses...

Oh, but I throw Destroyers now. :(

I have a *TB very much like this, color and all.

Latest posts