• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Wraith love - currently bagging 4 of them. Probably will drop them for the winter soon but pretty happy with this combo. I've accumulated a bunch of Wraiths so could reasonably replace a loss.

168g MF Champ - penned, pretty fresh and beefy -.50/3
170g Star - penned, moderately beat, flat and firm -1/2.50
170g Star - embossed, lightly beat, flattish and firmish -1.25/2
170g Pro - old patent# pro, moderately beat and flat -1.50/1.50

Plastic and wear obviously matter but the higher the plh, the more OS on all of these.

Wraith love - currently bagging 4 of them. Probably will drop them for the winter soon but pretty happy with this combo. I've accumulated a bunch of Wraiths so could reasonably replace a loss.

168g MF Champ - penned, pretty fresh and beefy -.50/3
170g Star - penned, moderately beat, flat and firm -1/2.50
170g Star - embossed, lightly beat, flattish and firmish -1.25/2
170g Pro - old patent# pro, moderately beat and flat -1.50/1.50

Plastic and wear obviously matter but the higher the plh, the more OS on all of these.

You like flatties? I have two flat wraiths and hoard domey or pop top ones. The flat ones don't seem to be much more stable, but they just don't go as far for me.

Metal Flake ones are $$$ though.

You like flatties? I have two flat wraiths and hoard domey or pop top ones. The flat ones don't seem to be much more stable, but they just don't go as far for me.

Metal Flake ones are $$$ though.

I do like them flat, for pretty much all my discs when I can get them. Except for Comets. I'm close to 50% FH and I much prefer flat discs to flick.

I had a beat 168g MF that was one of my favorites. Lost it in a creek so I was tickled to find my current one almost new in a used bin. They're hard to find in that weight range.

I do like them flat, for pretty much all my discs when I can get them. Except for Comets. I'm close to 50% FH and I much prefer flat discs to flick.

I had a beat 168g MF that was one of my favorites. Lost it in a creek so I was tickled to find my current one almost new in a used bin. They're hard to find in that weight range.

I guess that makes sense. Dome never bothered me much for things, and domey wraiths flyyyyy.

My metal flake is max weight and definitely is the most stable one I have, but still gets really good distance, more than an equally stable DD.

I found a new run of bottom stamped embossed wraiths the other day, it was only 161g so I was expecting it to be pretty flippy but it's surprisingly stubborn.

I started throwing my Wam Bam Thank You Am stamped Star Wraith (and Teerex) before the snow hit.

Absolutely bombs.

I don't think I'll stick with it though as I'll probably never be able to find another one.

I know how much that sucks same thing happened to me but I got to watch it float down the Mississippi River before sinking

Wraiths!
Top row is overstableish, The blue and yellow one are board flat and don't have good glide. Second row is all pop top straight flying bombers, everything below that is pretty understable. The blue one, which is super light is actually kind of stubborn, but great for big turnovers.
jbVajaH.jpg

Got in 4 beautiful pearly x out wraiths from Infinite. New production, no patent #'s. But the plastic is pearly and feels very close to my 2007 cfr wraiths, just a lil gummier! Nice high plh, veey excited to use these in between my teebirds and d2s. I find wraiths power down nicely to fill my thunderbird/ pd slot.

Pro Wraiths in the 150s are the perfect overstable driver for a noodle arm like me. Replacing CD3s in my bag, the Pro Wraith can do everything the CD3 could do, plus fly noticeably longer. At my distance Pro Wraith is stable enough for headwinds, can be flexed for distance, and has a solid finishing fade when I need to get around obstacles.

Only downside is folks mocking me for using a paper plate Pro Wraith as my OS driver. :D

Neutron Wave has been my main distance driver for quite a while. Many folks describe the Wave as flying like a beat Pro Wraith, so I'll be interested to see whether I can replace the Wave as the Pro Wraith seasons. But I usually throw it on open-ish holes so that may take a while.

Are Pro Wraiths in the 150s usually available, or do I need to buy them all now?

Pro Wraiths in the 150s are the perfect overstable driver for a noodle arm like me. Replacing CD3s in my bag, the Pro Wraith can do everything the CD3 could do, plus fly noticeably longer. At my distance Pro Wraith is stable enough for headwinds, can be flexed for distance, and has a solid finishing fade when I need to get around obstacles.

Only downside is folks mocking me for using a paper plate Pro Wraith as my OS driver. :D

Neutron Wave has been my main distance driver for quite a while. Many folks describe the Wave as flying like a beat Pro Wraith, so I'll be interested to see whether I can replace the Wave as the Pro Wraith seasons. But I usually throw it on open-ish holes so that may take a while.

Are Pro Wraiths in the 150s usually available, or do I need to buy them all now?

I think anytime you find a run of a certain disc that you really like, you should buy a few backups. Sometimes they never mold up quite the same ever again...

I think anytime you find a run of a certain disc that you really like, you should buy a few backups. Sometimes they never mold up quite the same ever again...

Truth! I do have a stack, just in case. :D

But I have seen discs I like go out of stock for years . . .

I'd wager that the E*s were the flippiest, glidiest, and probably the longest of that bunch.

Close, the bright pink is an embossed star that I've loved a lot in the last year and beat it pretty flippy. The Okla Open top right is an old patent # pro in pretty good shape but still kinda flippy, it's taking my US distance slot.

The 2 above the yellow echo stamp are also patent # E*, the green one is fairly flat with a high plh and it's actually in my beefy slot next to the Xcal.

The other E* are on the flippy side, blue one moreso. I love them all but the yellow echo stamp is the one that made me love Wraiths. I've kinda babied it.

Big Jerm Jeremy Koling was forehanding a Wraith at the Throw Down The Mountain tournament. I think it was a Pro Wraith. He should make it a sig disc...

FWIW the beefiest Wraith I ever had was a pop-top bottom stamped Star (175g). Had that beast in my bag for a few years. Smacked so many trees & it still stayed os.

FWIW the beefiest Wraith I ever had was a pop-top bottom stamped Star (175g). Had that beast in my bag for a few years. Smacked so many trees & it still stayed os.

I had one of these. It was my baby until I decided that it needed to go for a swim. Not an intentional decision, but wrist roll is a thing that happens occasionally. Really wish I could find a couple more as I really like the feel of a Wraith compared to the Destroyers (especially for FH).

I had one of these. It was my baby until I decided that it needed to go for a swim. Not an intentional decision, but wrist roll is a thing that happens occasionally. Really wish I could find a couple more as I really like the feel of a Wraith compared to the Destroyers (especially for FH).

That's how I lost mine too. :hfive:

Latest posts