• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

star wraith, he says he really likes the stability of the new run.

I've got a few of the new Climo star wraiths and they are just exactly what I want a wraith to be. Nice and beefy but with the ability to shape a sweet full flight with some angle. Out of all the runs I've tried this one is $$$.

Anyone thrown the new Martin Hendel run of color glow wraiths yet? See them on the innova factory store right now and am intrigued.

I bought a 3 all same color I have only thrown 1 of them. I like it a lot throws like my regular glow when it was new I will check back in after a few more rounds

Shhhhh just keep taking their money!

I agree if we tell them the secret they will double the production on wraiths and we will have to guess if this is going to have the right wing or dome. They could call it destroyer v2

Actually is that what a Kong is

Last edited:
I got a Chance to throw my 175 Color Glow Champ Hendel Wraith. I've been looking for a beefy Wraith and I found it. I can throw it straight into stiff headwind and not even get a wiggle. My other regular Champ Wraith moved a little too much for my liking. If you're looking for a beefy Wraith I think this should fit the bill.

I've seen a lot more pros throwing the Wraith this year. Wonder if it has anything to do with the decline in reliability of the Destroyer. I moved on years ago, but my store actually got some nice discs in and there were a bunch of new pop top Wraiths. Maybe they are just really, really good.

I started throwing a wraith specifically because a Destroyer just wasn't working. I've preferred speed 7 discs for everything but as my distance has increased i'm wanting something I can get bigger distance and is controllable. I took a stab at some Pro-wraiths from the factory store after I threw the Pro Teebirds. Fell in love though funny differences between the two discs. I then started looking at wraiths because of how well these were flying for me and ran across a pretty OS used star. OS enough to throw into a strong headwind but not super Beef like more destroyers. The slightly thinner rim works better for me as well.

Funny point on the Pro wraiths. hoped to get two identical discs. I ended up with a 171g very domey and 175g slightly domey. The 171g even though it has a much more pronounced dome has a higher PLH and the 175g is very noticeably less stable. Now that I have the Star to pair with it i've been throwing the heavier but less stable of the two.

157 Pro Wraith helped me birdie a par 4 I had never birdied before. Star TL approach helped, too.

Infinite still has beutiful pearly x out champ wraiths! Nice and beefy. Please buy them so I stop spending money them ;)

Seriously though wonderful flyers, moderate dome, amazing feeling, velvety, pearly plsstic.

Infinite still has beutiful pearly x out champ wraiths! Nice and beefy. Please buy them so I stop spending money them ;)

Seriously though wonderful flyers, moderate dome, amazing feeling, velvety, pearly plsstic.

You ever seen or thrown an Augusta CFR champion Wraith from like 2006? Those things are works of beauty. Pearly, domey champion plastic. IMO the best flying Wraiths out there.

You ever seen or thrown an Augusta CFR champion Wraith from like 2006? Those things are works of beauty. Pearly, domey champion plastic. IMO the best flying Wraiths out there.

Yes indeed! I have a few from a different cfr. These are backups for those, so I dont have to stress as much if I lose one. These fly similarly overstable. Super reliable discs!

Are those the ones that look like blizzard but they are normal weight? I bought one from GGGT last week and it is amazing!

Are those the ones that look like blizzard but they are normal weight? I bought one from GGGT last week and it is amazing!

No, these things aren't blizzardy at all. They're fairly clear with a little pearl to them. Great plastic.

The closest plastic out now would be shimmer champion.

Loving the current run of Star Wraiths. I like a lot of dome because I feel like it gives me more glide and the current run is pop-top and really overstable. Freshies are wonderful for flex lines and then they eventually turn into nice, straight flyers.

I super-agree with the above that the Wraith is the disc that most Destroyer-throwers should have in their bag. I have managed to convert one person so far, but I like that I can find multiple discs in the same run because they don't fly off the shelves like Destroyers.