• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Based on some posts here I went to my local store and picked up a 12x and a bottom stamp.

I chose the ones with the flattest wings.

Really nice flight. Not hyzer flippers out of the box for me (at least in a tail wind). I had nice flip to flats and good penetration into a headwind.

Definitely seem as long or longer than my Raiders but I'll have to keep testing on that.

The Pro Wraiths I bought also showed up. Obviously I wasn't able to hand choose these. Probably a bit more curve to the wing than the 12x and bottom stamp.

I didn't have the best throws with the Pro. I'll need to get out in better weather and beat it up a little.

So far I'm liking the Wraith. Very much on BH. The FH grip is perhaps not pleasing.

Out of curiosity what do the Color Glow Champs fly like? They seem to be a flatter profile overall. Are they on the more HSS or less HSS side of things?

Felt up some '22 GG Halos at the shop today. Would you believe that one color is actually flat? The orange and pink ones were kinda domey but the chartreuse/purple rims were all pretty flat. Flexible flight plate, felt good with a FH grip.

Resisted the urge since I like the Nathan Queen TS. Report when you've thrown one of these please.

Felt up some '22 GG Halos at the shop today. Would you believe that one color is actually flat? The orange and pink ones were kinda domey but the chartreuse/purple rims were all pretty flat. Flexible flight plate, felt good with a FH grip.

Resisted the urge since I like the Nathan Queen TS. Report when you've thrown one of these please.

same thing with gstarr pd back in the day

havent got to throw it yet but the nathan queen glows feel so good. the flight plate feels more flexible and soft than a halo or star. almost thinner. and they look great.

havent got to throw it yet but the nathan queen glows feel so good. the flight plate feels more flexible and soft than a halo or star. almost thinner. and they look great.

+1 for everything in this. I honestly love the way my currently in the bag halo wraith feels and flies, but I like the queen star color glow feel even a bit more. mine also does seem to have a tiny bit of a blizzard like look to it at the edge

only threw it a couple times yesterday. flew well, i just can hardly bring myself to throw it with 2 other wraiths(halo stock, 165g star) because it looks so good. Gonna hit it a few more times today.

I wasnt overly familiar with pro plastic, until i stopped by the store(im only about 18 mos in to serious playing) and it felt alot like a pro + star wraith. Ended up forgetting about it and i wish i had have picked that up yesterday.

I got 2 blue and 2 pink of the Queen Star CG run.

As indicated above it is a very gummy plastic. The PLH is different on each one with the pink two being the lowest. I took the blue with 2nd highest PLH out, but only got 2 throws in. Really liked the stability in the small sample and put it in the bag.

A lot of the recent run Wraiths I've been getting seem to be more on the -2 turn side of things, and this one seemed to have some more beef. I put it up next to one of my Madison Walker runs which have a high PLH and fly like a 11/5/0/2 and its profile was similar.

I haven't tried the pink ones but I would speculate that they are more bomber class out of the box with some more turn than the blue.

Just threw my two new F2 pros. This pro plastic is nice. Unfortunately the plh is lower on the heavier one, but otherwise, I love these. The less stable one looks to have a little more turn than my older PFN. Love both of them, and I am going to start throwing Wraiths more as I get real good and consistent releases with them.

Got my huk bottom stamp star wraith 172g. Looks sic, however it has a decent dome and compared to my other go to star wraiths its also considerably more stable, especially the LSS, where it just suddenly dumps to the left. PLH wise no difference with my other wraiths. Has anyone any experience how these pop top wraiths beat in and what kind of flight could i expect after that? Does that sudden dump straighten out a bit?

Not that I have put in a ton throws on my huk wraiths but I dont see much difference in either turn or fade. So they are pretty straight most of the flight then dumps pretty hard left.

Compared to my four kc wraiths it is almost a different mold and I do feel a difference in the wing profile.

I put it up next to one of my Madison Walker runs which have a high PLH and fly like a 11/5/0/2 and its profile was similar.

You are dead on with the MW Wraith flight numbers. I've been trying to find other Wraiths (or even other molds for that matter) that fly like the MWs but nothing seems to come close to that dead straight torque resistance with a reliable but not meat-hooky fade. They are my favorite forehand distance driver, but alas, acquiring more backups would be cost prohibitive at this point. The halos are stable enough to have the no turn, but the hand feel is completely different and they're much more dumpy. Maybe a beat in halo will get close? Haven't thrown mine enough yet.

You are dead on with the MW Wraith flight numbers. I've been trying to find other Wraiths (or even other molds for that matter) that fly like the MWs but nothing seems to come close to that dead straight torque resistance with a reliable but not meat-hooky fade. They are my favorite forehand distance driver, but alas, acquiring more backups would be cost prohibitive at this point. The halos are stable enough to have the no turn, but the hand feel is completely different and they're much more dumpy. Maybe a beat in halo will get close? Haven't thrown mine enough yet.

Sample size of one, but my Halo wraith seems to have lost a bit of HSS before LSS. Would love to throw a MW but like you said, cost prohibitive.

I'm always on the search for a good firm stability workhorse wraith. Halos are great but a touch more OS than I want for that slot. They're brilliant though in headwinds and on glidey hyzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it has probably been mentioned in this thread earlier, but I didn't see a full explanation. I am looking to switch all my drivers over to Wraiths instead of Orcs because it fits my arm speed better, and they're easier to find. I am thinking of getting a Pro Wraith, star wraith, and maybe a Halo star to kind of fill all the positions in the bag. From other wraith throwers, does that sound about right, or am I way off base?

Sounds pretty good, but the pros might be hard to find. Innova doesn't like molding up discs in pro, I believe the profit margin is lower for that type of plastic

I know it has probably been mentioned in this thread earlier, but I didn't see a full explanation. I am looking to switch all my drivers over to Wraiths instead of Orcs because it fits my arm speed better, and they're easier to find. I am thinking of getting a Pro Wraith, star wraith, and maybe a Halo star to kind of fill all the positions in the bag. From other wraith throwers, does that sound about right, or am I way off base?

Halos are usually relatively beefy, the lighter and domier more so. Stars are straight to stable out of the box for me and quickly become pretty money. GStars are relatively more understable and I really like them as straight to understable drivers.

Pros are all over the place, I have a stiff one that's almost as overstable as my halos and a super gummy one that is flippier than a dx. In general they're quite understable and become even more so.

I've never found a Wraith that was truly overstable though. If I need to fight a headwind I'll always reach for a beefy destroyer or similar disc.

Edit: Usually throw my longer Wraiths 400-440' ish, hyzerflips.

Edit: Usually throw my longer Wraiths 400-440' ish, hyzerflips.

If you throw 350ish, you can find an OS Wraith. 😁

Champion is typically more on the OS side but I grabbed a 170g recently that's pretty mellow. Flat and the plastic was kinda gummy with some flex. A domey, max weight halo should be pretty OS for most folks.

This is a good starting point, but with the variance that exists with all discs, you might not fill all the slots right away. It might take getting a few of each, or maybe getting a different but similar mold to serve as a bookend, like carrying a beefy Destroyer along with the Wraiths.

This is a good starting point, but with the variance that exists with all discs, you might not fill all the slots right away. It might take getting a few of each, or maybe getting a different but similar mold to serve as a bookend, like carrying a beefy Destroyer along with the Wraiths.

I have a super beefy Philo Destroyer from 2017 I think that I always use for the that shot.

Latest posts