• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

So I found another WINNER of a disc in this hot pink KC 12x Wraith I just picked up! It's domier than all my other ones, yet has the lowest PLH!!! So it's glidey and straight! It's unreal how good it flies! I've only had 1 practice session and 1 rd with it, and it's already my longest best flying driver ever!

So just thought I'd leave this info her for posterity, to help others along the way. This is my 4th Star Wraith, and all of them are different domes, different PLH heights and different flights, haha. 3 of them bought within a month of each other, and the first one (the Seafoam Green) about 6-8 months ago. Go figure. Quality control is NOT most disc manufacturer's concern apparently.

So the 4 are as follows:

1. First one I got about 6-8 months ago. It's a Seafoam Green 168g Ken Climo 12x Star. Is VERY understable for any driver, let alone a Wraith! I throw max D around 340-370, and even with that weak as power, this thing will turn over into the ground on a flat or slight hyzer throw! Must be thrown on 25-45* hyzer to get the best flight. If thrown like that, and high, and out left, it is a BOMBER! It flips up right away, takes off and then just starts gliding forever to the right slowly, then right near the end comes back 5-10'. I've had some of my best and worst drives with this disc. It's VERY touchy. It's also very flat on top for a Wraith and has a lower PLH compared to an "avg" Wraith.

2. Teal 169g Bottom Stamp Star. It's probably the most normal one of the bunch. It has moderate dome, but not a lot. PLH is avg, and it flies more like what I thought a Wraith would fly, but without a harsh fade at the end. This one goes long, and is easy to get a nice classic straight to fade shape with. But it's stable enough to know it won't turn over right if not thrown perfect. But it does turn right a bit into a moderate headwind.

3. White 168g Bottom Stamp Star. It's by far the most O/S of the 4, and has the most dome and the highest PLH. But it still bombs. And it flies a lot like a true Wraith flight should for someone with my weak distance. Straight, with a noticeable hard fade near the end. But it still bombs and is a really long disc. I think once I get up to the 400-500' range of distance, this one will become my favorite, but for right now, it's not going to be used much. It's too much disc for me at this point.

4. Pink 168g Ken Climo 12x Star. It's the best one of the bunch! Almost as much dome as the white one, but the lowest PLH! Even a touch lower than the super flippy Seafoam one. It's easy to get great distance and it has a beautiful flight right away! I just got it, and it already flies like a slightly beat in version! Dead straight or a tiny turn right, then glides forever, and has a predictable but soft fade at the end. Already have thrown this farther than any shot I've ever thrown a few times. One was from a stand still in the FW to the basket that was around 350, but uphill! And when I got up there, it was basket high and 5' left! It GOES! And it just feels so easy to throw.

The Teal Bottom Stamp and Pink one are my faves by far and absolutely loving this mold! It just feels good to me. I don't know what it is about a disc with a rim that is any bigger than this, but it just messes with me and I don't throw consistently with them. This rim size and shape is the largest and just feels amazing.

Photos in next post

Here are the photos to compare the domes and PLH's. All photos are of the super low dome Seafoam Green Wraith vs the other ones. It may not be easy to tell the differences from these photos, they didn't turn out well for some reason. But there is a definite difference in Dome and PLH on all of them!

The flippy Seafoam one and the Teal Bottom stamp have the same PLH more or less. The White one higher than all of them. And the Pink one is ever so slightly lower than all of them.

Then the dome on the Seafoam one is the lowest and flattest. The Teal bottom stamp is next (it's a moderate dome). The Pink one and the White one are almost identical, and I'd say somewhere between normal and large pop top dome.

Hope this helps others, so they can figure out which one to buy. Cheers

Seafoam Green (the super flippy one) vs the new Hot Pink
1W.jpg

Seafoam Green vs the White Bottom Stamp
2W.jpg

Seafoam Green vs the Teal Bottom Stamp
3W.jpg

i just picked up a KC pro and it is long. since ive only played for 2 years ive never bought any pro plastic, only champ, star and halo. I'd probably recommend the pro for people that dont throw 400+.

Also the 2021 GG wraiths pop tops are a similar flight, but a bit more stable. I lost a few GGs and bought one that looks a lot like a 2022 wraith, no dome, and it has much less glide and more overstable.

Have any Wraith lovers here thrown any luster Champion wraiths? Or can anyone here remind me what luster champ is like compared to regular champion. Stability-wise and grip-wise?

I threw my longest ever throw on flat ground the other day with a Wraith. Had a nice tail left to right at about 15 MPH. Took my super beat flippy 163 gram star Wraith and hit it just right. I knew it was gone when it kept going and crested a small hill (just a 3 foot rise in the field). I walked it off at 149 paces, not small steps either. So approximately 450. I also threw a few others that were 75 feet shorter or so. I was impressed so I ordered a few more light ones to beat in (between 159 and 165) and hopefully they won't be beefcakes *crosses fingers*.

Downwind go flippy and lighter. Headwind go heavier and beefier.

Have any Wraith lovers here thrown any luster Champion wraiths? Or can anyone here remind me what luster champ is like compared to regular champion. Stability-wise and grip-wise?

Never seen/thrown a luster Wraith. Thrown plenty of other luster molds and the stability isn't too different from a stiff Champion. Certain runs may come out near the most OS Champion ones. Parting line height (PLH) for drivers is the biggest factor so if you can lineup side by side & compare with some regular Star or Champion you could get an idea of stability.

Luster grip & stiffness is nice for hot summer days. Some champion runs get a bit too flexible/gummy in 90F+ weather.

I threw my longest ever throw on flat ground the other day with a Wraith. Had a nice tail left to right at about 15 MPH. Took my super beat flippy 163 gram star Wraith and hit it just right. I knew it was gone when it kept going and crested a small hill (just a 3 foot rise in the field). I walked it off at 149 paces, not small steps either. So approximately 450. I also threw a few others that were 75 feet shorter or so. I was impressed so I ordered a few more light ones to beat in (between 159 and 165) and hopefully they won't be beefcakes *crosses fingers*.

Downwind go flippy and lighter. Headwind go heavier and beefier.

my BH is not super strong. I can hit some real distance with blizzard Wraiths in that 158-161g range. I can FH max weights no problem. Lighter Wraiths were the first discs that I could catch 400' with consistently. Fun as hell just to take to a field & bomb.

Recently bought some lighter F2, my god they bomb! Lighter weight drivers are definietly a fun addtion to a bag, especially if you play were wind isnt super prevalent

Have not but recently found a domey metal flake that is a nice stability - a tick down from halo.

The recent stars I've gotten are all bombers out of the box that quickly season to near rollers. Recent champs have been great and season into control bombers.

just bought some random f2 off factory pro shop

highest plh is f2 star and they all were same height

then gstarr and pro were both lower but about same height as each other

of course innova variance however im using this to my advantage and using stars as the os spot and beat in pro/gstarr as flippers and which works perfectly with the plastics i like

Am falling for the NQ color glow star wraiths. Just got a couple and threw em this weekend. This was triggered by my throwing an early run halo x out a couple weeks back and seeing some really nice glide out of it. Also tried out a 12x star and it seems to be a little more OS that the halo x out or cg versions but still has plenty of glide. I dont have quite enough exit velo to get them to turn but they do fly laser straight for quite a ways before fading nicely and fowardly without being dumpy. I do like the 11 speed wing for control and I think the wraith has become my max control driver after this weekend.

I have a GG Halo Wraith. My arm has become a bit faster since I first acquired this disc. I now appreciate it much more...it was a meathook but I can see how elite arms might lean into this one a lot. I finally got it out to 450' on a sweet flex line.

Meathook no more!

I picked up a used GG Halo and a used F2 Star over the past couple of months. They've become my go-to distance drivers, the Halo in my OS slot, the Star being pretty straight with just a bit of fade at the end. I'm forehand dominant. I can flex the Halo out to around 360' pretty reliably, and the Star out to around 380'. I've pushed the Star out to 400' a few times. I picked up a lightweight Fission Photon to pit against the Wraiths, but right now the Wraiths win. I'm thinking about picking up one in each of the other plastics just so I have a full complement to play around with. I've heard the Pro Wraith makes a fantastic max distance hyzer flip disc.

... I've heard the Pro Wraith makes a fantastic max distance hyzer flip disc.

This is true! Pro beats in nice and quick to a workable understable bomber. They hold don't hold that sweet spot long enough for me, but I've found the a gstar Wraith is the best for this purpose. Gstar holds that US/straight spot a lot longer than a pro. My pro is for anything I need late turn and to finish left (lhbh) or tail wind distance.

I currently bag 5 wraiths:

- GG Halo (overstable)
- star F2 (standard wraith flight)
- Gstar (straight to slightly US, workhorse right now)
- Pro (US duties, long turn overs, tailwind)
- NQ color glow (working in to replace my gstar)

Working in a color glow NQ wraith that will take over my gstar spot soon. My gstar is red and I can never find it. The NQ also has better glide.

Highly recommended a Gstar or color glow NQ.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk