• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith vs Boss -

Preference

• Wraith

Votes: 111 70.7%
  • Boss

Votes: 46 29.3%

• Total voters
The boss is too much disc for me, I just don't have the power to make it perform. The wraith for me is a great controllable distance driver for me, it gets more distance for me than anything else I throw but I know where it's going.

same for me.
I have an older ProWraith that is my go to driver, great distance and control.

I only use my Boss when I want a 300-or-so-foot left hook, or a longer one downhill. There's a perfect hole for this on a local course, but I doubt I'd find a use for it on many courses. The Wraith is much more versatile for me. Both of mine are Star.
Do you throw OP for your home course?

I also choose the wraith, as i have each in star plastic my 167 boss i can put on a straight or slight hyzer line, but with the wraiths i own, i feel as if i can put them on just about any line and also i can throw probably 50' futher than the boss

I'm not sure that Dave is that much of a wraith fan. His comment was probably more about the fact that it wasn't a very good description of a boss. They don't fly straight after eight rounds. Also, saying a disc is multiple times better than another is really subjective. It depends on what you need it to do.

I agree with everything you just said there, just not a big fan of calling people's opinion bullsh#t.

Do you throw OP for your home course?

I also choose the wraith, as i have each in star plastic my 167 boss i can put on a straight or slight hyzer line, but with the wraiths i own, i feel as if i can put them on just about any line and also i can throw probably 50' futher than the boss

Yep, that's the hole I was thinking about. Old #7, which you would be familiar with as #10. :)

ahh yes, i started playing right after they finished the first full 18.

You should join the cobb disc golf club. We'll be moving some of the back 9 and maybe putting in more holes some time this winter or spring. The long term goal is to have a couple of full-sized 18's out there. That'll take a while, but the cdgc is the group that built enough trust with the county parks department to get permission to expand the course from 9 holes to 18 back in the spring.

Okay I'm done threadjacking. :eek:

I used to throw a Wraith. It was the first big driver I could throw effectively. Tried the Boss and couldn't handle it, so now I'm throwing Halos

i love my wraith. Haven't thrown the boss. I really don't need anymore drivers. i got my surges when i want to flip them, and my wraith and Nuke for my power shots. still working on the Nuke. i don't have the confience to throw it in a tourney yet but it is coming.

I carry a lot of Boss's in different weights and different plastic. Not a huge fan of the wraith, I had one that I loved but the last one I got was domey and flew like crap! My home course is developed with big arms in mind and if you can't drive 300+ consistantly, it'll be a very long day.

I have both a Pro Wraith and a Pro Boss and the Boss is just too overstable for my liking. My Pro Wraith just seems to glide forever. I'm stickin' with the Wraith.

wraith is more consistant for me

The Boss is great, don't get me wrong, but the Wraith is a more versitile disc in my opinion. The wear-and-tear of the Wraith is very predictable, which is why I carry the disc in different states of "worn-in-ness"

Going all the way back to the OP: If you're only getting an additional 10-20 feet, is it really worth throwing a Boss? I'd take consistency over 15 feet on a drive any time.

Latest posts