• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wysocki's Instagram Stories ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible advice. Yes, antibiotics will clear up your rash, etc, but telling people to get a supply of antibiotics and just take them whenever is irresponsible.

The over-prescription of antibiotics is already a huge issue, we don't need people taking them when they don't need to (like if you get bit but have no rash or symptoms).

The overuse of antibiotics just leads to more antibiotic resistant diseases.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/p0503-unnecessary-prescriptions.html

Agree.

DO NOT LISTEN TO PEARLYBAKERBEST. He is NOT a doctor, and he does not know what he is talking about.

OH is forgotten, also very common there too.

Very common? No. It is becoming more of a problem, but Ohio is well behind the top 15 states. In 2017, Pennsylvania had 9,250 cases, Ohio had 233.

2017-dot-map-datasurveillance.jpg

A friend of mine almost died from a tick bite. It isn't something to **** with. The bacteria can be VERY BAD. The only way to get better is to go to the doctor. You can't kill the bacteria with idiotic natural remedies, and any so called natural "doctor" that doesn't send someone with symptoms of lyme disease straight to real medical doctor should be drug out into the street and forced to suffer the bites of 1000 ticks. Ricky is going to be straight up ****ed and will possibly be dead if he doesn't go to the doctor. what a friggin moron.

I agree 100% with bold. I was thinking the same thing at work today. My grandmother is very religious (catholic) though she went to a few doctors for her thing that turned out to be Shingles.

He's an adult and as such can decide to make any mistakes he likes to...

^the ol' "what about the kids" argument

it's fine, if it is a mistake (and it appears that way) he would be an anti role model.

Does anyone have any recent info or posts from Ricky?
I am not active on social media.
Thanks.

Very true statement...

And we as adults (well most of us), shall choose to criticize others' decisions as we like to.

Agree.

DO NOT LISTEN TO PEARLYBAKERBEST. He is NOT a doctor, and he does not know what he is talking about.

A prophylactic antibiotic dose is recommended for Lyme prevention. If you want to waste 2 or 3 hours of your day every time you have a tick on you to go to urgent care or your doctors and answer the same questions go for it. Personally I'm going to save myself the time and just take the antibiotic myself.

The only thing he had wrong was you don't need to take it for ticks you found and removed the same day, since it takes 24+ hours for them to infect you.

The guy is creeping up on 30. Age gets us all, and living out of a van for 8 months a year does not help. I just had a 25 year old buddy do the first few months of the tour and he said road living was hard. No getting sleep, not doing regular work-outs in the gym and proper nutrition was a challenge.

Plus these top pros have hanger on-ers at every stop. They pull into the event and everyone that greets them wants a piece of them. An autograph, a picture, a disc, a moment of time, or a conversation(both fans and sponsors). Hundreds of people looking their moment every week. The only rest is when they actual play in the event. Some one puts a rope between them and the crowd and for a few hours they get a break from the madness. And as I have watched events on Youtube it appears the happiest some of these players is at the tee pad when the just get to visit the players on their card. The tour is a grind both physically and mentally.

A prophylactic antibiotic dose is recommended for Lyme prevention. If you want to waste 2 or 3 hours of your day every time you have a tick on you to go to urgent care or your doctors and answer the same questions go for it. Personally I'm going to save myself the time and just take the antibiotic myself.

The only thing he had wrong was you don't need to take it for ticks you found and removed the same day, since it takes 24+ hours for them to infect you.

You don't need to take an antibiotic every time you have a tick on you. That's idiotic and irresponsible.

The guy is creeping up on 30. Age gets us all, and living out of a van for 8 months a year does not help. I just had a 25 year old buddy do the first few months of the tour and he said road living was hard. No getting sleep, not doing regular work-outs in the gym and proper nutrition was a challenge.

Plus these top pros have hanger on-ers at every stop. They pull into the event and everyone that greets them wants a piece of them. An autograph, a picture, a disc, a moment of time, or a conversation(both fans and sponsors). Hundreds of people looking their moment every week. The only rest is when they actual play in the event. Some one puts a rope between them and the crowd and for a few hours they get a break from the madness. And as I have watched events on Youtube it appears the happiest some of these players is at the tee pad when the just get to visit the players on their card. The tour is a grind both physically and mentally.

Cool story. Your "buddy" isn't the same as a veteran player. New to tour isn't the same as a veteran of the tour. Your psychoanalysis is for your buddy only, right?

Ricky has been at the most elite level of disc golf pros for a while now. And now that the sport has a nascent spectator fan base, a player like that will naturally have some fans and some haters.

I agree 100% that pro frolf is better when Ricky's competing to the best of his abilities. To that end, it's frustrating if the rumors are true that he's suffering from The Lyme and eschewing well known, effective treatment measures. The snarky jokes come from legit concern for Ricky's well being, but also bewildered amazement that a top level pro athlete would so badly mismanage their own health.

If the rumors are false, then the hecklers are ignorant trolls tilting at windmills. Welcome to the internet! But if it's true, then Ricky has much bigger problems than a few sarcastic comments on DGCR. And they aren't the type of problems that can be solved by praying with your hand on a monkey skull.

I agree with you. He should go see a doctor if it's lymes or even if it isn't. How does he even know if it is lymes if he doesn't see a doctor? I understand all this. But my point is, as you stated, these are rumors. None of us know whether he has it or not. I was actually just curious why there is so much hate for a player of Ricky's caliber in a broader sense. And I've seen it many times on here before this situation even came to light. People just seem to dislike him and I was curious if there was a specific incident that I'm not aware of. I've seen a couple clear foot faults and he's not the best public speaker. That's all I'm aware of. As I stated in my post I've only been watching the pros for a few years now. Was just an honest question on my part. Now if you'll excuse me I have a monkey skull to polish.

I know it is just disappointing is all. I would get it if he were a Touring Pro and could not afford to see a doctor but I doubt that is the case or full case, more like he is just being stubborn. Potential to be dead at age 30-31 is well he is my age as I am still 30. Yeah I know apparently I had Lyme Disease as a kid at age 2. Lucky I am still alive, my parents say I had a really high fever due to it, no other symptoms though from what my parents said other then a rash in the area I happened to get bit.

[/B]

What does this have to do with science? Honestly, this quote kind of freaked me out. As a Christian, the expected behavior is to reject critical thinking most of the time? :confused::confused:

I was told by someone else he had a spiritual advisor that was telling him to go with the holistic approach using oils instead of antibiotics. I was basically stating it was stupid to not use antibiotics no matter what your spiritual belief if you have Lyme disease. You're obviously interpreting things at a much higher and more critical level than the rest of us if you're freaking out. Geez...

There are some real geniuses on here...which is why I don't ever post. I find it hilarious when I make 2 consecutive posts and get attacked immediately by someone who doesn't even take the time to read both of them and interpret the meaning. The idea is that Ricky takes the antibiotics and gets better...not worse. I enjoy watching him play and it does anger me that he apparently thinks Lyme Disease is a joke that can be treated with oils. It would be a catastrophic waste of a disc golf career and possibly the remainder of his life to not see a legit doctor and take antibiotics.

Does anyone have any recent info or posts from Ricky?
I am not active on social media.
Thanks.

He recently got a new jesus cross necklace and asked what we all thought of it. So looks like his protocol isn't working too well so he has turned to alternate forms of healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts