• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XD

You should at least try one... It is part of the history of the game 4th disc Innova ever made.

I will check it out. Think they had them at the Dicks Sporting Goods in town to where I can feel them up first.

Used a DX XD for a while:

Pros: Goes pretty straight as a putter, without much fade.
Lower profile will feel better to some.
Makes a decent putter for short drives, long approaches, has more glide than other putters I've used.

Cons: Doesn't stick to chains well and rolls farther on bounce outs and misses - I prefer a softer putter.
Extra glide can result in long comebacks that get you from birdie to bogie real fast...makes it hard to run chains with confidence.

My favorite XD's are the flat ones they made in the softer P & A putter plastic.

All my first discs were champion and star because of the wooded courses where I play, but I bought an XD a few months ago in DX, it is my first DX disc. It has changed my putting game completely. I will agree with what the others said, that it can glide, but if you put less spin on your putt it doesn't go too far most of the time. I don't like deep putters, the grip doesn't feel good in my hand and I don't get a consistent release. The XD feels much better, almost like a small diameter buzzz. It's just very straight and predictable. While I wish the DX was more durable, it's handling basket and chain hits pretty well. Too bad they didn't run them in Pro like the coveted Pro Rhynos. That would be amazing.

Have they since modified the Classic Roc mold? The 2009 Innova catalog has wing profiles and while the XD and Classic Roc are indeed pretty identical, neither has a bead in that.

A Roc without a bead is an XD unless they have retooled it completely but I have not heard anything about that.
All my XDs and Rocs are from when I started playing with a couple exceptions for the Rocs. I will never run out of those so I have not paid attention to what has happened to them past 1991.

I always keep a DX XD in the bag. I mostly use them in the woods for tight courses. I only use them off the tee and long approach shots. Usually around the 180-250 range depending on the shot. They start out straight as arrow and they break into great hyzer flippers to turnovers. They get better with age. Consider it a longer aviar.

Someone with an XD and a Classic Roc needs to look at them and compare - I believe the XD is a Classic Roc minus the bead (the CR does have a small bead). I do not believe the XD looks like a regular Roc without a bead. The absence of the bead (which should provide stability, correct?) should make the XD a CR without the stability - it should finish straighter and be easier to turn over without it coming back.

Someone with an XD and a Classic Roc needs to look at them and compare - I believe the XD is a Classic Roc minus the bead (the CR does have a small bead). I do not believe the XD looks like a regular Roc without a bead. The absence of the bead (which should provide stability, correct?) should make the XD a CR without the stability - it should finish straighter and be easier to turn over without it coming back.

The Classic Roc is a XD with a bead. The XD came first. The Bead makes the roc more stable. There would be no Roc without the XD....

I picked up a new "flight rating" DX XD a few months back and it has helped my putting by at least a few strokes per round. I like these lower profile putters over the deeper ones. Recently I haven't used it exclusively, it has become a little slick after some use, but overall a good disc.

Depending on the range and conditions I'm using the XD, ION, or Magic right now. I still have a ways to go to become a better putter but the XD was a step in the right direction for me. If I miss the putt it is usually my bad/sloppy form and not the XD. I only use putters for shots under 40'. I still like to throw my Wasps or Buzzz'z at anything under 150', even putting, but I still try the putters first these days, for better or worse.

Bought a Spike zeroline this weekend and took it out to the field for a couple sessions. It's not an XD but it's very, very similar. Nice disc. Less turn, but it's brand new and I expect that with a little wear it'll probably match the flight of the #2 Upshot. So far, I got the Spike to fly any line that I wanted it too. Good glide, little less range than the XD, and a slightly deeper rim. It's a keeper, but thus far I like the XD the best.