• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XG Valkyrie

Joe Dirtay

Bogey Member
I bought one of these from the pro shop and I've been throwing it for about 3 months now. This is my main driver now. I'm a new player and this driver has helped me advance quite a bit. On holes where I would bogey I can now par regularly and even birdie alot of times. I love this disc.
I don't have much experience with the other versions of this disc. What are other Valkyrie thrower's thoughts on this XG version? Is this a good representation of the mold?

If Fishy still lurks around these forums, he used to throw one from time to time. It seemed to fly for him just like any of his other Valks.

XG is more niche than anything else - most don't care for it but those that do swear by the plastic.

I've thrown XG Bosses and stuff but never a Valk, that said it's all about feel.

The Valkyrie is a wonderful wonderul mold and has been way overlooked due to all of the high speed stuff tha has come out in the past couple years:|

I used to throw the ball a ton back in the day, but quit after I lost a couple. It seemed like every one I tried later were super flippy or super beefy, not that nice controllable s line like its supposed to have thought about picking it back up but heard of plus mold tomfoolery and quit before I started again.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like no one has thrown these XG versions. I'll buy a champ Valkyrie and test them.

The closest I think I have come to xg is the used 5x jk champ I have. Let me tell you what I love that disc. It is so controllable for me. I can make that disc do anything I want. Yeah baby ANYTHING.

I have 4 of the XG valks. they fly, to me, a lot like the flatter gummy sandstrom valks. the newest run of star valks seem really stable to me. they are made out of this really rigid champystar type plastic that I don't really like.

anyways, the XG... great disc. I bag mine for heavily wooded courses cause they take tree impacts well without bouncing all over the place. they are nice and grippy and they are soft, flexible, without being floppy. highly recommended.

Of the six discs I regurally carry 3 are XG valkyries. 175g, 171g and 166g.
(different weights to compensate for different wind speed and direction)
Tree shots do not seem to have affected them at all. They throw the same way they did when I got them about 3 months ago.
In my opinion, they are the closest thing to the JK x4, flat top discs I have found.
Much better than the regular champion valkyries.
Like nate said, they can do Anything from 300' annies to long helix flights to dead straight drives.

I am currently bagging 156g and 167g XG valks and would do naughty things for any XG champ plastic, including backups and other weights for Valks.

Last edited:
I am currently bagging 156g and 167g XG valks and would do naughty things for any XG champ plastic, including backups and other weights for Valks.

Dude you couldn't wait a couple of months so the thread coulda made the decade before reviving it? Lol

I had a gummy AF pink XCal around the time of this thread that I swear I could fold in half. It was so $$$ I can still remember individual throws with it a decade later. It went into the pond at Winthrop but has been one of very few not to be found after the USDGC :(

I'd probably buy someone a car in exchange for that exact one.