• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] XT - New Plastic from Innova?

I love that Innova is exploring new plastic options. There really aren't a lot of spots left to fill on their flight charts (but that can happen still, and you can still have discs with similar flights but different feel), so this seems to be a natural progession. Why wouldn't the biggest company continue to innovate? It's what got them this far in the first place, and there is so much growth in the game right now that resting on their laurels isn't smart business.

As far as the "why" is concerned the above post sums up my feelings very well. I always thought that having choices was a good thing.

I read the first 10 pages of this post and came away with little useful information. Did anyone ever describe how tacky or slick this new plastic blend is or how the feel compares to known, more established plastics? How does it's toughness (resistance to gouges and scrapes compare to other established plastics? How well and how rapidly does it season? Does it stay in the "sweet spot" long or does it go right into beat to death?

These are the questions I have. The reason why Innova came up with it is inconsequential.

As far as the "why" is concerned the above post sums up my feelings very well. I always thought that having choices was a good thing.

I read the first 10 pages of this post and came away with little useful information. Did anyone ever describe how tacky or slick this new plastic blend is or how the feel compares to known, more established plastics? How does it's toughness (resistance to gouges and scrapes compare to other established plastics? How well and how rapidly does it season? Does it stay in the "sweet spot" long or does it go right into beat to death?

These are the questions I have. The reason why Innova came up with it is inconsequential.

Somewhere in here I described it as feeling close to Gateway Eraser or Legacy Gravity. I know both of those plastics vary a bit, but it's as close as I can get with what I have.

Got a XT Shark today from factory store as a gift for a shark friend and curiosity. (day after my order they added the BB and roc..)

Feels like quite firm r-pro to me. Not too tacky. About as flexy as DX.

My reaction is 'meh'.

Not interested in trying any other molds of XT for now. Maybe a BB Aviar if I run into one in a shop.

Have they told us what mold the XT roc is? The description says they are flat and mentions "turning roc", so I am led to believe roc3 mold, or a flat top rancho mold of some type. With that info I am guessing this will fly like my oldest worn out roc.

Have they told us what mold the XT roc is? The description says they are flat and mentions "turning roc", so I am led to believe roc3 mold, or a flat top rancho mold of some type. With that info I am guessing this will fly like my oldest worn out roc.

XT Pro material wears in slowly to further extend the life of your favorite turning Roc. The following discs are all in molded in the Rancho Cucamonga mold.

I believe they meant that once it got beaten into the turning stage, it would stay in that way for a long time because of how durable it is.

Wow I don't know how I missed that. Thanks! I will get one ordered to try out at some point.

Has anybody thrown XT Mako? How does it compare to Champion Mako3? Are they flat like Mako3 or domey like Star Makos?

How is the XT holding up for those who have been throwing it for awhile?

I've been throwing my XT Roc for a few months now(6-8 rounds a week) and it is in great shape. It beat in without beating up. No chunks or cuts and the grip has gotten more amazing. I've blasted it into quite a few trees and onto a gravel road a couple times, the plastic is tough.

yeti plastic

Isn't xt the same plastic as the yeti aviars? Got to feel some on the 30 anniversary aviars andvit reminded me a lot of my yetis.

not the same as the Yeti.

I've been throwing XT Novas since last September. Still use the very first ones, but I got another for drives and summer putting that is a little stiffer. It's at that slight turnover stage now. I will be working another into the bag and fazing the JK out, most likely.

How nice would XT Leopards and Teebirds (T3 or Brinster mold) be? I would actually consider switching to all XT for fwy's. Would have to be regular production though. Can't be buying all these through the proshop or not see them in a year or two if they went OOP.

How does the flight of the XT Aviar P&A compare to flight of the DX Aviar P&A? How does the stability of the XT Roc compare to the stability of a new KC Roc?

How does the flight of the XT Aviar P&A compare to flight of the DX Aviar P&A? How does the stability of the XT Roc compare to the stability of a new KC Roc?

How does the flight of the XT Aviar P&A compare to flight of the DX Aviar P&A?
Touch more HSS and LSS.

How does the stability of the XT Roc compare to the stability of a new KC Roc?
About the same for me. More HSS and LSS than a DX.

Brand new, my orange xt roc was straight with fade(no turn) and my red one has a touch of turn with fade(300ft throws).

Latest posts