• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Yearly fee or $1 to the club each league

$1 per league vs yearly fee

• $1 per league every time you play (to the club)

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • $25 to join the club ($15 yearly renewal) - Membership gets you a cool gift

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters

rj29274

Double Eagle Member
Which would you prefer? (assuming you are someone who attends weekly leagues)

If you opt out of the yearly membership, you pay the extra dollar every league you play

Last edited:
I wouldn't care too much either way, but I bet that you'd get a lot more people playing for the weekly $1 than you would if people had to lay out a bigger fee up front.

$1 to the club.
I run one of my clubs weeklies, and I could see charging an annual membership to the club vs weekly fees alienating players who only come out occasionally.
The value of a membership doesn't hold that much weight to a player who comes to minis 1-2 times a month when they can just pay a buck when they want to throw with the club.

I prefer yearly, pay once and never have to think about it again.
Plus I get the early bird special :D Our club encourages people to pay the yearly fee before the season starts by offering a discounted early bird rate.

So why not offer both? A bag tag fee up front that gives you a $1 discount on league fees might be a way to pull in the every week guys right away and still attract the casual players who wouldn't pay the larger fee up front.

Agreed. I guess I should have phrased it differently. I was just wondering if people preferred the once a year payment over the weekly $1.

this $1 fee, is that non-negotiable? if someone who isn't a part of the club and not a consistent leaguer are you going to force them to pay the $1 or not play? what if they are a consistent leaguer and dont want to join the club or pay the $1 fee?
I ask this, because we had something similar happen at our local leagues that ended up driving away alot of long standing leaguers cause they were miffed about being forced into something or not playing. i realize its only a $1 but it more of the principle than the amount.
that forced fee was removed this year, but those same people who left have felt the scorn so to say and have no desire to return again.

My club charges $10 for the tags at the beginning of our 'season', with no other membership fees other than the $1 for some of our weeklies.

this $1 fee, is that non-negotiable? if someone who isn't a part of the club and not a consistent leaguer are you going to force them to pay the $1 or not play? what if they are a consistent leaguer and dont want to join the club or pay the $1 fee?
I ask this, because we had something similar happen at our local leagues that ended up driving away alot of long standing leaguers cause they were miffed about being forced into something or not playing. i realize its only a $1 but it more of the principle than the amount.
that forced fee was removed this year, but those same people who left have felt the scorn so to say and have no desire to return again.

I explain to those people that without the $1 the club will not have income and will therefore fall about without funding. If they don't like it, they don't have to play.

we have $10-$30 annual memberships and a $1 of every weekly entry fee goes to the house.

Our club has a membership fee of 25 that includes a bagtag, a drifit shirt with your name and PDGA number on it, a discount on discs from the club, and a discount on club run tournaments. We also take a 1 club fee out of the weekly league $5 fee.

We have 2, potentially 3, weekly leagues throughout the year. For the most part, the club shuts down from December to early March, depending on snowfall. Our club is different than most because of the small size of Flagstaff, relative to Phoenix or Las Vegas, two very large clubs. We have about 25-30 consistent leaguers

Yanks: What you are describing is very similar to AZDGC club membership. Our club is much smaller and we only run 2-3 bigger events a year, with the showcase event being the Aspen Sports Treebash

The knoxville league does a $20 or $30 Membership at the beginning of the year ($30 gets a tshirt along with the bagtag), then $5 ($6 for nonmembers) per weekly event, with $1 going to the club and the other four being paid out to the winners each week.

MUST HAVE BOTH!

Every league I'm in (3 for now) does both. An annual fee for the league year that kicks off with membership tournament. This fee ($15, $20, and $25 in each league) gets you a bag tag at a minimum and usually other swag like club shirt or towel or disc.

Then for each league night or morning, the $5 to play fee is broken down as"
$3 to payout that day
$1 to ace fund
$1 to club

It's amazing how much monies you can accumulate in your club account this way. We have enough to put in a full course, but we're not telling the city that... :D

We're offering to use our monies to put in nicer tee signs if they foot the bill for the rest.

Latest posts