• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Yikun Sports. New disc company from China.

Trademarks have to be maintained though. So the fact that the Talon hasn't been produced since 2007 probably gives Yikun a legitimate shot at taking over the Trademark. I think in most jurisdictions the TM is protected for 5 years of non-use.

PDGA approval does not have an expiration date which means they could not have a PDGA approved disc with the same name.

Last edited:
Trademarks have to be maintained though. So the fact that the Talon hasn't been produced since 2007 probably gives Yikun a legitimate shot at taking over the Trademark. I think in most jurisdictions the TM is protected for 5 years of non-use.

Hi DonCasper,

We do not want to use any designs and names that the same as other companies' on Yikun discs. Actually, we did not notice this name issue before naming our disc model. If it is a problem, we will definitely rename this disc model since this name does not add any value to the disc model. Keep all things original!

Thank you!

Eric

Well, in the spirit of re-naming this disc, I have a couple of recommendations :p

Since it looks like a Sonic, how about:
  • The Hedgehog
  • Tails

Yikun, I think you guys should do more research on the history of disc golf from all companies first.
That way, you make even better products.
Just a suggestion.

Yikun, I think you guys should do more research on the history of disc golf from all companies first.
That way, you make even better products.
Just a suggestion.

Hi tu-f-o,

Thank you for your suggestion. All the new models releasing in the coming year will be named after Chinese ancient creatures. So, there is no possibility that we use the same name as others, and the talon putter model will be renamed as Claws which is used in past years.

Eric

Latest posts