• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

'You-all' Come on back to Lake Lewisville Park

Rodmon

After being closed 342 days, DFW's beloved Lake Lewisville Park has re-opened with 3 new, very challenging, shaded in deep woods, 'tunnel' fairways. All 3 ( #9, #10 & #11) have varying 'anhyzer baskets', so bring your forehand or anhyzer drives, OR be ready to shout "TREE"!
The first seven fairways are close to their original designs before the city built a dab-blasted federally funded Hike and Bike trail directly through our 18yr old course. Fairway #1 has a shorter tee pad matching it's shortened fairway. Yet, our iconic #1 basket remains backlit by the sunrise, down on Sandy Beach. Those trees blocking Fairway #3's 'Over the lake' Anny' angle have been cut and cleared, so get ready, because #3's basket is now up on the hill, alongside #4's Fairway. With a new tee pad, Fairway #7 is now everyone's favorite "Even Longer' Over the Lake Hyzer". Fairways # 9,10 & 11 are cut into the thick woods and are a welcome addition to Lake Park. Our new Fairway #12 is a long "Hot" narrow drive with Sandy Beach road OB on the left and tall thick forest on the right. The Lewisville City Parks widened Sandy Beach Road and have added pull-in parking.

So: + Lake Park has More Shade and More Parking.
+ Our Park Rangers will move any picnics set up too close to our baskets or on our tee pads. Just ask the roving Ranger and let them yell at those un-cool, un-knowing picnickers.
Many folks picnic and fish at the Lewisville Lake and the new trail* may bring more mindless wanderers to the park. Remember, the 'Lake' Park Rangers will ticket you for alcohol, so act accordingly, (Hide your beer).

Steven Storrie & Brad Crow of Carrollton's Dynamic Discs did a fine job re-designing a new more challenging 'Lake Park'. You'll find a new fairway map posted inside the community billboard near #1's tee pad, or you can find it @ Lake Lewisville Disc Golf Park page's on FaceBook. Come back to DFW"S favorite LAKE PARK.

+ / - We gotta share the Park with everybody. Hey, I've seen girl's in bikinis photo shoots at Lake Park. When's the last time you saw that at Fritz Park?

- Everything changes, so quit yer bitching and come throw at your New LAKE Lewisville PARK.

I plan on being down there next spring, if not sooner.

never had the opportunity to play the old course as i am new to DG, but i have really enjoyed the new layout after playing it twice. Quite challenging and playing the first holes by the beach is awesome

Our grandmasted group played there last weekend and I think it's an improvement over the old layout. The conflicting fairways of the old layout are history. You are a lot less likely to get hit by an errant throw on 6. It's nice to have the wooded holes. They're a positive change to the course that otherwise kept it's original character.

Old holes 8,9,11,12 and 15 are gone, but their replacements in the redesign are better overall. Those holes were the places people hit automobiles anyway... the new design is safer for your car too.

Some nice looking women were walking on the new path too, so it's not all bad.

It's more challenging overall, but takes a little longer to play.

Latest posts