• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You can only carry 3 discs a driver,mid,and a putter. What do you choose?

Fierce, Wombat, Diamond - singles

Alpus, Wombat, Diamond - dubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thx! i like new addictions!

what do you mean with trying to rip and upshots? you explained it but i still don't really get it, sorry.
been just playing once, remember ;) putting i get...

i thought putting might be the thing to start with and then work your way up the distance... am i wrong here?

and with "don't get disc-outraged" you are telling me sth like: don't buy a lot of discs. just buy a few and practice a lot? it's not the discs but how you throw them? pretty radical approach i guess :D

cheers!

I don't want to assume, but I think what txmxer was getting at is this;

With trying to rip, upshot and putting. You are taking the (arguably) correct approach, putting is the most important part of the game. But most of us when we start playing enjoy watching the disc fly more than anything. So it's easy to spend a lot of time in the beginning just trying to throw far. Then you realize you're always a long way from the basket, so you HAVE to learn upshots.
Then when you're feeling like you can really bomb a disc, some 60 year old guy is going to beat you in a round with putting alone.
You can make the argument that you SHOULD learn to putt first, but to be honest, that's the least fun part about disc in my opinion.
Txmxr said it best, just have fun. If you want to buy a bunch of discs, go for it, I'd you want to buy 3 and really learn those, that's a good idea too.
Hopefully that makes sense, I'm a little drunk and rambling

I just did a fun exercise with my current bag of 17: "What Comes Out?"

I eliminated discs one at a time. The first 5 or 6 were relatively easy, because they're in there for specialties (thumber, tomahawk) or because they're layered (e.g., get rid of the lighter weight, less stable, etc.).

The next 5 or 6 were a bit tougher, but I generally used the rationale that "I can use X to cover a lot of what Y does."

The last ones were so hard - because now I had to eliminate discs that I had kept to cover for others I had dropped in an earlier round.

But I ended up with the three discs I feel like I can do the most with.

Reko
Pikawakawaka
Breakout

PS: I kept the "What Comes Out?" list because it really shows the hierarchy of my bag - and helps keep me from randomly chasing the shiny newest things out there.

Pikawakawaka

Not that this comment belongs here, but the name of the disc sounds like the Pokémon/Muppets crossover no one asked for.

Just to keep the overall post relevant:
Retro Mercy - beat in
ESP Zone - slightly mellowed (queue up the "Is the Zone a mid?" thread)
Fresh DX Teebird - preferably in the low 160s

Honestly, I'd probably play most of the round with the Mercy. The Zone would cover all the forehands.

I don't want to answer the Teebird, but it's the most reliable FD I have at the moment. I hate the way it feels in my hand, but … can't argue the results.

Last time out it was

Classic Aviar
KC Pro Roc
Star Leopard

Inspired by people at work getting hooked and using the starter sets we bought for the company picnic.

Fo Reals:

Challenger
Buzzz
Crank

Those discs cover the most shots for me, and would net me my best scores on the widest # of courses.

165g Innova Star Wraith
175g Latitude64 Royal Trust
175g Discmania D-Line P2

Since playing with a cart and 28 discs :cool: three is too few. Four is not too few. I often take just the putter pouch and a few discs to work to throw some holes or find a field at lunch. The midrange is not as important as an overstable fairway, and straight fairway is more important than a distance driver. But adding MD3 to this list, and swapping Essence to Wraith would be complete.

P2 - putting approach to 250'
FD3 - hyzer, headwind, utility approach up to 325'
Essence - tailwind, nearly as long as Wraith, better substitute for mid 200-375'

Last edited:
Star Wraith
Champ Roc3
DX Classic Aviar

Wraith: hyzer approaches, drives over 250-300'.
Roc3: any other line under 300'.
Classic Aviar: putting and short anhyzer approaches.

Have I been here lately?

Soft cosmic envy electron 174 for the putts and drives

Hex 169 neutron for the stable

Insanity for the win... 158 cosmic n right now...

I could get stuff done with that

Innova Quivers in weights of 175, 165, and 155.

When did you get a cart?

Not too long ago.
Here am waiting for the hole to clear.
attachment.php

Attachments

• homeless-man-london-july-sleeps-park-bench-london-next-to-him-supermarket-trolley-his-belongings.jpg
    homeless-man-london-july-sleeps-park-bench-london-next-to-him-supermarket-trolley-his-belongings.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts