• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know it's too hot to throw discs when...

Yeah, we would never play down here if you couldn't handle the heat. The mosquitos on the other hand are becoming BRUTAL down here!

On August 14, we'll be playing the "Man-Up Double Round" at Harry Myers in Rockwall, TX. Two consecutive rounds with no break... long tees, then the shorts. It's a little warm in the Dallas area this time of year...

Today, in 100 degree heat, we had over 50 guys play in the "Summer Shorts" challenge of the Rockwall DGA. We teed off at 1:00 PM.

Come on! It's summertime! The best time of the year. Go out and play. It's never too hot to have fun.

Georgia. :|

I gotta feel like the immediate southeast has it the worse here,the west has the heat,but we have the heat and the ridiculous humidity. :(

I feel ya. I live in the upstate of SC and I don't get off work until 3:30... So that's when I'm playing and sweating an insane amount.

Seattle's Best coffee is definitely a misnomer. The good stuff doesn't get exported, near as I can tell. I like playing in the heat, thermals = glide. Do like lack of humidity.

It's too hot when your Nuke looks like an Epic.

Either we live in different DFW's or we have a different definition of perfect. It was 106 plus humidity on Friday when I was playing.

Come on man! I play in Odessa every week. It's hotter than it is here and it hasn't rained since September! Playing in the desert in the afternoon is awesome! Only the most fanatic are on the course. No wusses to be found. Think about it. Only disc golf lovers will be on the course. If you meet someone on the course this time of year, they are for real... just like you!

I grew up in the heat of DFW (Mesquite). I live here now. It's still great to go out and play in the summertime.

Come on man! I play in Odessa every week. It's hotter than it is here and it hasn't rained since September! Playing in the desert in the afternoon is awesome! Only the most fanatic are on the course. No wusses to be found. Think about it. Only disc golf lovers will be on the course. If you meet someone on the course this time of year, they are for real... just like you!

I grew up in the heat of DFW (Mesquite). I live here now. It's still great to go out and play in the summertime.

I'm originally from San Angelo and we had a great time when we went out there last month for a team tournament. I can do the West Texas dry heat but I haven't grown my gills yet for up here. I still play in the summer, once in the morning and then the afternoon.

I'm originally from San Angelo and we had a great time when we went out there last month for a team tournament. I can do the West Texas dry heat but I haven't grown my gills yet for up here. I still play in the summer, once in the morning and then the afternoon.

This is a special year out there... Odessa is looking like Monahans. It's bad with a capital B.

I did grow up in DFW. I live in Garland now and I'm sitting in my old house with the windows open. I know I'm the exception to the rule, but it's all in your attitude. I grew up without AC... I live without AC now. The summer is "cool"!

The heat doesn't bother me because I'm used to it. Get out of the house as much as possible. The indoor air isn't good for you.

When you go to play night golf and it is still 93*. Man this has been a brutal dry Austin summer

It's to hot to disc when...

- you're a panzy
- you don't know how to drink fluids and eat right
- you're a wuss

almanac.jpg

Little Rock, tons of humidity. It is brutal, but I go anyway. Hour in the field yesterday at 6, hour in the field today at noon, and 18 tomorrow at noon planned.

It is FINALLY cooling down in Southern California. A couple days ago, we had a really cool night 'weekly' at a temp course on a bolf course. Maybe the best weekly I have attended so far, and the temps were perfect in the 70's!!

When your SE discs literally sweat and are sticky like candy...

When you dumb the extra discs for extra water room.

Latest posts