• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know it's too hot to throw discs when...

Tomorrow.....calling for the heat index to be between 105-110! Good thing I played 54 holes today,3 more courses off my "wish list"

I like when a champ or other brand clear disc condenses the humidity underneath it while it sits on the ground for 20 seconds.

My premium Jokeri was soaking wet several times today from that.

I like when a champ or other brand clear disc condenses the humidity underneath it while it sits on the ground for 20 seconds.

My premium Jokeri was soaking wet several times today from that.

Did field work today and all of my clear discs had clouded up instantly from the ground pretty much,it was funny to see.

On August 14, we'll be playing the "Man-Up Double Round" at Harry Myers in Rockwall, TX. Two consecutive rounds with no break... long tees, then the shorts. It's a little warm in the Dallas area this time of year...

Today, in 100 degree heat, we had over 50 guys play in the "Summer Shorts" challenge of the Rockwall DGA. We teed off at 1:00 PM.

Come on! It's summertime! The best time of the year. Go out and play. It's never too hot to have fun.
Two Rounds? Two Rounds? That's it?
We just had the FOUR ROUND Summer Sizzle last Saturday..in Phoenix. That's right, four rounds, one day, Phoenix, July.

The heat isn't nearly as bothersome if your properly acclimated.I work outside in a lumberyard and when I'm not working I'm discing, so the heat or cold doesn't bother me one bit.You've just gotta get your body used to it.

Two Rounds? Two Rounds? That's it?
We just had the FOUR ROUND Summer Sizzle last Saturday..in Phoenix. That's right, four rounds, one day, Phoenix, July.

You're right... It's a club. We have to be able to get a few dozen people out there. How many people showed up for your four rounds in Phoenix in July?

its never too hot to disc, but it has been a brutal summer here in oklahoma for sure. 35 of the last 36 days have been in the 100's. ridiculous. i was out all day in it 2day playing the most physically demanding courses in the state, the lodge at pawhuska. i was completely drained for the 2 hour ride home:gross:

DG in any temperature has gotta be better than being at work, even if you're lucky enough to work in air-conditioned comfort.

I am not. It's always too hot to work.

So you admit to trying to check out men while they are urinating.

Interesting.

HaHa. Good one. I didn't turn around until after my throw and was walking back to my bag. That is when I saw him ringing out his shirt.

One thing about the heat, is it keeps most of the courses empty. I played 3 rounds of a 9-hole course on Saturday. I got out there about 5:30pm, and never saw another disc golfer.

You know it's too hot to throw discs when.............

~ you step up on the tee and you smell burning rubber.

~ you pull your favorite Wizard out of the basket, and it has grill marks on it.

Played yesterday in 97 degrees, heat index of 107. Shot -8 and -10 in back to back rounds with my first Ace! Really glad the heat did not slow me down.

I played in 99 degrees yesterday and 100 today before adding in the high humidity. Had the courses all to myself both sessions. It's too hot to play disc golf only when my cooler runs out of beverages.