• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You Know You're A Regular When...

...when you start making up new holes on the course you play the most, as in driving from tee pad 4 but shooting for basket 8.

A handful of us have been doing that for years. We have played some of our courses backwards, from basket to basket... all 18 holes. Talk about crazy fairways!

We also make up safari holes on a regular basis. That is a freaking blast.
Throwing shots you do not normally throw... is the goal, imho.

That is how you get better.

As long as you don't throw at people playing the course the way it was intended. A couple of weeks ago, my buddy and I were on hole #10 at Bayville, when some "regulars" (we call them geezers) decided to play from the tee box for 15, across holes 11 and 10, and out to the practice basket. My buddy and I had to stand behind some trees so as not to get hit. And yes they knew we were there. We were in the fairway when they started throwing their 4th or 5th shot right directly at us w/o any warnings.

When after a tournament round, and you are standing next to the TD, they come and ask YOU about a question on a hole. <happened about 2 years back>

I do have keys to the baskets.....have the combo to the locks on our Kiosk <to put up flyers for other state tournaments and so on>

Have burned up one gas trimmer so far...probably used more gas in my chain saw at the course than at my house <and I have 5 acres of woods>

You know you are a regular when you develop mini games from hole to hole, such as hitting certain signs or curving through branches.

As long as you don't throw at people playing the course the way it was intended.

Oh, sure... you are correct about that.

A few of us go very early in the morning on a regular basis to play safari golf.

The only living thing we might hit would be perhaps a squirrel because most humans are still in their slippers at that hour.