• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

...when your on DGCR
...when your on DGCR everyday
...when you post in this thread

When you think about it, there are actually very few of us who are on here every day. I bet it's under 1000 people. And the number who post every day is far less.

I'm pretty sure that I should be ashamed I'm one of them. :\

I once hit a moving squirrel that ran across my path. It was about 40-50 ft away and I had a disk in my hand and let fly as a reflex. Nailed it. The squirrel rolled over, sat up, shook itself, and ran off.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but I'm going to do this a little different.

You know you're NOT addicted to disc golf when you still spell "disc" like a floppy "disk". Sorry, I couldn't resist.

When you think about it, there are actually very few of us who are on here every day. I bet it's under 1000 people. And the number who post every day is far less.

I'm pretty sure that I should be ashamed I'm one of them. :\

I am one of them also :|...I bet the number of people who post on here every day is under 250, but I bet there is a few people (even if they don't have an account) who are just on here to read. I have a couple friends who are on here everyday but rarely post anything.

You know you are addicted to disc golf when.....

You fall asleep thinking about the round you played earlier in the day and what you could have differently or the things you did really well:D

meh.

my current job is a call center so i get to be on a computer all day. i get to lurk so much it's ridiculous.

bwill, i do that allllll the time. constantly reimaging shots in my head, thinking of new lines and ways to get there - especially now that i can throw rollers. sometimes if i'm just sucking royally i'll throw overhand rollers whenever i can instead of backhand so i can just take a break and get back in the rhythm, feeling good.

You fall asleep thinking about the round you played earlier in the day and what you could have differently or the things you did really well:D

This is me these days. I've played four courses often enough that I can visualize every hole and imagine how I could/would/should/did play each one. I guess this is what happens when you get so old that you quit dreaming about that other thing...:\

I am one of them also :|...I bet the number of people who post on here every day is under 250, but I bet there is a few people (even if they don't have an account) who are just on here to read. I have a couple friends who are on here everyday but rarely post anything.

We oughta have a hardcore-posters event once a year----I vote somewhere near Madison end of the 2nd week in Nov. this year, as I might be passing through on the train then. :D :thmbup:

We oughta have a hardcore-posters event once a year----I vote somewhere near Madison end of the 2nd week in Nov. this year, as I might be passing through on the train then. :D :thmbup:
:hfive::thmbup: I agree completely. If you ever happen to be passing through WI send me a PM. I'll be happy to be your tour guide for the local courses in the land of the cold :D

...if you're wondering how the heck you're going to get in field work in the middle of a WI winter...in September.

My basket only comes in during the sub zero stuff. I love playing around the yard in fresh snow, just like a little kid.

went to a new course about 45 minutes away today. brought along 5 new discs that I just bought to try. On the 18th hole saw an advertisement for a disc shop that I had never been to so we went to the shop and I ended up buying 4 more discs. Its a terrible addiction. :)

when planning your european honeymoon vacation and trying to squeeze in a disc golf course in each different city/region/country you go to......

'Honey, i have the perfect day lined up for us....we'll start by stopping at the Lat64 headquarters then go play a round....sounds pretty amazing right?!?!'

i might have a long life of sleeping on the couch in my future!

when planning your european honeymoon vacation and trying to squeeze in a disc golf course in each different city/region/country you go to......

'Honey, i have the perfect day lined up for us....we'll start by stopping at the Lat64 headquarters then go play a round....sounds pretty amazing right?!?!'

i might have a long life of sleeping on the couch in my future!

Get her to play. Feed her a bunch of crap about time spent together, common interest, blah, blah,blah. It has made my life easier for the last twenty years or so.

All kidding aside, I am lucky to have someone who is into the game and is willing to spent time out of doors, regardless of weather, and enjoy something so important to me. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Sunrise solo rounds. Unless she plays to. Then, hey, maybe it can work out.

Laying in bed, three states from home, at 6am....knowing you have to leave for a 7 hour drive, from the kids' and grandkid's house (whom you've only seen twice in 6 months), and trying to figure out how you can get to a course you've never played and be back home before 8am....knowing full well you can't. Then looking out the window and realizing it's still dark out...then laying there thinking about the ace that WOULD HAVE been.

Latest posts