• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

If your wife says "You have to choose between me and disc golf" and you say "are you sure?" and she says "nevermind".

If you will never go on another vacation without first scoping the destination on dgcr.com.

If you've neglected every responsibility in your life for more than a year while committing 100% of your free time to disc golf.

...when you can't drive anywhere without being distracted by locations that "would make an awesome hole!"

...when you're giving directions to someone and tell them to "take a hyzer at the intersection of Main and Fourth Street, then 'park it' near the fourth driveway after a gentle dogleg."

...when you walk around your house idly spinning a disc on your finger waiting for your buddy to call with a tee time.

...when you tell your doctor during a physical that you're an avid disc golfer when he asks what you do for exercise, and he perks up briefly when hearing the word "golf," but then his eyes glaze over when he realizes what you're talking about.

...when you're giving directions to someone and tell them to "take a hyzer at the intersection of Main and Fourth Street

I can very easily see myself calling out hyzers and anhyzers while giving directions now.

I missed my nieces birthday party, and a pool party today because I wanted to play disc golf.

I just found this thread and it's hilarious to see how many I can identify with after only playing a couple months... I was about to start copying all these great responses into one big list, then I thought one of you must have already done that.... so who's got it?

My (very large) family gets together once a year for our family reunion, and it's always at a campground. My siblings and I (and now one of my younger cousins who plays a lot of Ultimate, and now we've got him DGing) will always check to find the closest course in proximity to the campground we're staying at and take off for a while to play...this year we're staying about 15 minutes from Vallarta-Ast and Hiestand, and also just a little ways from Baraboo, so I think this will be the most options we've ever had (we change campgrounds every year, typically in Wisconsin). One year we stayed out in Sparta, WI, and went out to Justin Trails, not really knowing what we were in for. To this day, that is probably the most challenging course I've ever played. Took 5 of us close to 4 hours to play! We wanted to check out the Big Brother Course at the same place, but it was near dusk when we were done. What's worse is that when we're not gone from the reunion playing at a local course, my brother always brings his portable, so we'll haul that all over the campground and make up "holes." We must look like crackheads!

If you have lost the ability to throw a backyard catch frisbee with any accuracy.

Especially the cheap ones. I have to throw them perpendicular to the ground to make them go straight. If I try to get any distance, fuggetaboutit. It instantly dives hard right, then straight to the ground and rolls away.