• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

Haha! I imagine you're talking about D-mart? Just wait til you see the hardware store down in Noble... also a good course to try, though it's also easy to lose discs.

Make it easy on yourself. When you decide you actually want to buy a disc, head on in and feel a few. Then try to see if you can make it out with only one or two.

Have played Noble... great course. though I did not know about the hardware store... :eek:

For the thread:
...when abundance or lack of good disc golf courses is a significant factor in seeking/accepting job positions in a given geographic area.

Yeef... doesn't even have to apply to job offers... just moving in general... wait!!! did i type that??

I've always gone completely overboard with the sports I like to play. I raced bicycles on and off for half my life and lived, ate, slept, training and racing for a long time. I'm rode hard and put away wet now with all my old injuries that have come back to haunt me. I grew up playing disc golf and now that I don't ride like I used to my new mission is to get as good as I can as quick as I can. My old injuries almost worked out perfectly for me to get back into disc golf. Other than breaking my right wrist 20 years ago in a bike wreck, my throwing arm is in fairly good shape. Luckily most of the damage I've done is in my left arm from breaking my collar bone a couple times which blew out my rotator cuff eventually. I had to get a full knee replacement also but again, as far as throwing goes, being my right knee, it doesn't seem to bother it too bad. I have to be competitive at something or I'll go crazy. Its good to have something in your life that takes you away from all the crap life can throw at you!

When you're on injured reserve and can't ski, but still take the chairlift to the top of Schweitzer Mountain to view a jomez vid and drink coffee only to realize you have an addiscion.

I have to be competitive at something or I'll go crazy. Its good to have something in your life that takes you away from all the crap life can throw at you!

This

It's why I still play baseball (which I'm much better at than DG) and why I picked up disc golf so quickly and got addicted so quickly

When you tear the rotator cuff in your right shoulder and you learn to throw left handed. 6 months in and getting pretty good with lefty.:D

When you tear the rotator cuff in your right shoulder and you learn to throw left handed. 6 months in and getting pretty good with lefty.:D

Yep, same thing for me last year when I broke my right collar bone. Sadly, now that my right arm is back I'm neglecting the gains I made with lefty backhand. It still could be useful for me since I don't have much of a forehand.