• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] your 2017 wish list

I'm running some stamps of my own now and the next full size one will be on a bunch of putters. My first one had putters but no Electron. As far as LE Electrons, I dig it. I'd love to do something special for Electron Anode! Also our HOTT tour is stamping lots of MVP these days so you can get some Austin hippie ish (Atoms so far, only Electron).

.......cue ranger saying 2019

FIRM Electron (with the Proxy being the first mold released in it)
Lid - an overmold fastback would be the bees knees
Mini molds like the Mini Buzzz
A return to the stiff Neutron of old

Been wanting to try a Proxy, there not being a baseline plastic is a big hold up.

I'm running some stamps of my own now and the next full size one will be on a bunch of putters. My first one had putters but no Electron. As far as LE Electrons, I dig it. I'd love to do something special for Electron Anode! Also our HOTT tour is stamping lots of MVP these days so you can get some Austin hippie ish (Atoms so far, only Electron).
Cool! I'll vote for some Ions or Spins with LE stamps, the Anode has been losing out lately for me. Between Ion and Spin I don't really need the Anode in electron, but I like to have proton/neutron for drives.
That said, I'll definitely try out the anode when it comes in electron, but I'll probably stick with Ion as primary putter. More dream than wish maybe: a LE Ion in first run colours (blue/orange rim) :)

I disagree. I love my Relay, but it's not the same disc as the River. I think there's room for both in MVP's lineup.

That's fair, I'll defer to you on that. Mine reminds me of the River I bagged back when, but that was a while ago, and quite a bit of improved skill ago.

Never heard that before.
Plenty rave, just haven't taken the plunge yet.

From the atom thread if you care to read more!
The Proxy is not taller than the Atom. And these are not "2 different putters."
Here are the two on a flat table with a level across them (Firm Electron Atom vs. Watermelon Proxy). For comparison, there is the same Atom next to an Eclipse Anode, a putter that is actually taller than the Atom. Notice that the Proxy and Atom are exactly the same height.
Unknown.jpg

Furthermore, I took the Disc DNA photo that MVP released and overlaid the Proxy and Atom.
10697214_844136852309858_7916259270968568597_o.jpg

The two discs are pixel for pixel the exact same height. Really, these are insanely close to being the same mold. The angle on the bottom of the wing and the top shoulder are both exactly the same. The only difference is the Proxy is very slightly blunter.

attachment.php

Ever tried any MVPs?

I honestly have not. However, since starting to post here a couple of weeks ago and reading all the love their discs get around here, I am actually interested in giving a couple a try. Specifically, the Matrix I find interesting as my search for something between a Warship and Bard in a large diameter disc has been unsuccessful to date.

I honestly have not. However, since starting to post here a couple of weeks ago and reading all the love their discs get around here, I am actually interested in giving a couple a try. Specifically, the Matrix I find interesting as my search for something between a Warship and Bard in a large diameter disc has been unsuccessful to date.

Feel free to PM me your address and ill hook you up with something to try out!

From the atom thread if you care to read more!

attachment.php

lol, I remember that post. Ok, how does one explain this?

Atom:

•Diameter: 21.1 cm
•Height: 1.9 cm
•Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
•Rim Width: 1.1 cm

Proxy:

•Diameter: 21.0 cm
•Height: 1.8 cm
•Rim Depth: 1.5 cm
•Rim Width: 1.1 cm

Being how off all measurements are now from pdga to retailers that ive found i dont even care.

Fact remains the envy/ proxy/ atom all share the same core shape and speed (rim size)

From MVP who makes the discs:

Atom-Diameter: 21.1cm
Rim width: 10mm

Proxy-Diameter: 21.1cm

Dang I might need to grab one and try it. Thrown a wave 450 but never even held a tern, might be about time haha

I've thrown a light, nicely seasoned, Star Tern 75' farther than any other disc on several occasions. The downside is that it's touchy, but it bombed before I made the mistake of throwing it on a day where the wind was swirling. The wind shifted from R to L to a headwind as I was throwing and my Tern flipped and rocketed over the next fairway to the right, into deep grass never to be seen again. It's replacement hasn't seasoned to be the ultra long flyer my first Tern was, but it's not as flippy yet either. I still bag and like the Wave, but find myself throwing the Inertia for controlled hyzer flip lasers, and bypassing the Wave and reaching for the Tern when I want max D.

Being how off all measurements are now from pdga to retailers that ive found i dont even care.

Fact remains the envy/ proxy/ atom all share the same core shape and speed (rim size)

From MVP who makes the discs:

Atom-Diameter: 21.1cm

Proxy-Diameter: 21.1cm

Could be...though I don't trust that copy and paste job either, lol.

Latest posts