• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] your 2017 wish list

you haz interwebz. Go see their wwwz.

Or get out the calipers. I will in the AM.

I don't care either, lol. They're all close, sure. Atom feels slimmer to me, fwiw. Probably just the different plastic.

...point was to also not take someone's pics and possibly creative copy/paste job over PDGA measurements.

lol, I remember that post. Ok, how does one explain this?

Atom:

•Diameter: 21.1 cm
•Height: 1.9 cm
•Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
•Rim Width: 1.1 cm

Proxy:

•Diameter: 21.0 cm
•Height: 1.8 cm
•Rim Depth: 1.5 cm
•Rim Width: 1.1 cm

They're two different molds. Claiming otherwise is being disingenuous.

I'm holding one of each disc in my hands right now. Proxy has a bigger bead, more rounded shoulder above the wing, and the bottom wing on the Proxy has a very mild concave curve to it while the Atom's is flat. Laying them both on a flat table its plain as day the Proxy has a higher parting line height, which probably explains why I find it more stable off the tee.

That difference doesn't matter to some people, but it does to me. They also don't fly the same thrown past 200' for me.

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to argue two different molds are the same disc just because they're very similar. It'd be like someone trying to say Aviar PnA's are the same as small bead Aviar. Very similar, but obviously different discs.

Both molds are great for putting, approaching and driving, but for my grips the Proxy is more comfortable and I prefer its flight off the tee. Whenever Electron Proxy comes out I'll try putting with it, but as it is the Soft Proxy isn't so bad for putting during casual rounds. For now I'll putt with S Electron Ions.

Last edited:
Obviously these discs are not the same mold.

Compare the Parting Line Height and the bead.

7raNJb.png

Yeah, pretty obvious from this photo. :thmbup:

Yeah, I don't get why people are trying to say they're the same disc. For one they're obviously not, and two, how does it benefit someone to post that misinformation? If you convince someone they're the same, what exactly is in it for you? Pretty strange crusade to be fighting.

Hold them each in a power grip. That alone should show you they're different, much less my photo that clearly proves it.

About to take the plunge on a Proxy, will be primarily for off the tee and upshots. which plastic? My goal is a one disc to do it all on my short home course.

About to take the plunge on a Proxy, will be primarily for off the tee and upshots. which plastic? My goal is a one disc to do it all on my short home course.

Depends on where you live and what you like. Only choices for Proxy plastic are Neutron (+soft) or Plasma. Here in the PacNW, I use Neutrons when it is dry and Plasma when damp or wet due to the extra 'grip' I perceive. I actually like Protron/Electron best, when available.

Yeah, I don't get why people are trying to say they're the same disc. For one they're obviously not, and two, how does it benefit someone to post that misinformation? If you convince someone they're the same, what exactly is in it for you? Pretty strange crusade to be fighting.

Hold them each in a power grip. That alone should show you they're different, much less my photo that clearly proves it.

That post was from awhile back...the one showing photos of the 2 from way too far away(?) and the suspect "matching" overlay that was conjured up. Oh well...

Depends on where you live and what you like. Only choices for Proxy plastic are Neutron (+soft) or Plasma. Here in the PacNW, I use Neutrons when it is dry and Plasma when damp or wet due to the extra 'grip' I perceive. I actually like Protron/Electron best, when available.

Kansas, so some rain but grip isn't too big an issue. I always carry a towel. Leaning towards N with the bomber stamp, but wanted to make sure there wasn't an overriding reason to go with Plasma for driving duties.

For most people the Atom should get you by until an Electron Proxy is released. It's not misinformation to say they are extremely close. They also pair up pretty well especially when the Atom breaks in and starts having high speed turn while the Proxy remains dead straight.

Just my opinion but there are other gaps that need filling before an Electron Proxy is out in the wild.

For most people the Atom should get you by until an Electron Proxy is released. It's not misinformation to say they are extremely close. They also pair up pretty well especially when the Atom breaks in and starts having high speed turn while the Proxy remains dead straight.

Just my opinion but there are other gaps that need filling before an Electron Proxy is out in the wild.

As much as I would love an electron Proxy for putting, I agree with this. I would love to see the 17 and 16mm classes filled out more, in addition to the ever-mystical OS mid and putter.

I'm still confused as to why MVP's Wrath-speed class and above are so well filled out and the lower speeds just aren't. I won't complain though, still the best stuff on the market :thmbup: