• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your best shot/throw of 2014?!

. . . I also put my aires under 13's basket (short tee, Pin B). It's a 375' dogleg right with trees up the right side of the fairway and the creek off to the left. I threw it on a hyzer almost straight up as hard as I could and it flipped right a the turn and held it all the way to the ground right under the basket. That's probably the best turnover shot I've ever thrown.

84fbbf0c.jpg

That is a crazy difficult shot. Getting around the turn is hard enough but once you do, the fairway slopes towards the creek so any fade or skip leaves you OB.

Well done, sir.

Borderland SP (my home course), hole 2 white to white.

Threw a 171 Monster down the left hand side of the fairway (it's the most open hole of the course) and left it about 150-170' away.

(The hole before I nailed a tree ten feet after my approach with an 168 Monster).

I take that same disc, the 168 Monster, out of my bag, hold it up, and say to it "you owe me" before I threw a perfect hyzer into the chains for the only birdie I have ever carded on that hole.

Last edited:
I just started playing about two weeks ago. We're in OK visiting family for the holidays and may dad and I saw that there was a course nearby, so we went to try it out. He used my discraft ultrastar (as I have about two years of Ultimate experience) and I took my Innova Beast that I had received from my high school graduation this last June. We enjoyed it so much we both bought the discraft deluxe set that came with 4 discs and a bag.
Since I haven't been playing long, I don't have any truly spectacular shots, but there are two that stick out. Out first day out with the new (proper) discs, I found myself with two large trees between me and the basket, which was about 40 feet away. I threw a nice LHBH anhyzer and dropped it right under the basket.
Few days later at another course, I threw a nasty drive off the tee that didn't quite go where it was supposed to. It flew right towards a tree, and right when I had decided that I'd be stuck behind it, it flew right between to trunk-like branches that split about 15 feet up. Still wasn't the best shot, but I didn't get stuck 100' short

Token Creek (Vallarta-Ast on here) hole 10 am tee.

Maybe not my "best" but definitely most memorable.

Tee is about 150 from the woods, basket is another 120ish in. Need a slight hyzer line to hit it. Completely shank the drive into the trees on the right of the fairway, but get lucky and bounce off a tree so I have about 5 feet between my lie and the tree line. Far too much right to go around, so I grab my soft Unlace and bomb a huge backhand anny shot pretty much straight up to get over the 30ish ft tall trees. The disc just barley makes it over the tree tops, drops on the other side into a nice slow roll, then rolls the remaining 75 feet and parks under the basket.

Attachments

• token1.jpg
    token1.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 21
  • token2.jpg
    token2.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 21
No aces for me in 2014 dammit. Recorded 277 rounds in my scorebook. That's real close to all of them, so it's my first year under 300 rounds in awhile.

Usually playing alone, so no one saw my best shot. A 125' forehand flex shot our of the jungle and into the chains. Only time I've birdie'd #10 Sunset out of maybe a thousand rounds. And I've only had a forehand I'd throw in front of people for a couple years and this gorgeous shot was just like I'd pictured it.

Best shot I can remember with a witness was one day at Farmington. Came up on a mob golf group and fell in with them. #12 was a hole or two after I joined them and I canned a 150' shot through a late gap. First time I'd birdie'd that hole since it was moved back in 2013.

Best shot of the year!

Im a newb (two months) and was playing alone at Yuciapa in SoCal and two guys (way better and more experienced than me) asked if i wanted to play the back 9 with them i said sure i might learn something. When we got to tee 12 I got a decent drive and was about 40 feet from the basket so I pulled out my Buuz and hit the chains and right in the basket! Could'nt believe it!

Latest posts