• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite disc(s) that you DON'T bag

wraith, CD3, PD, and tern.

I have enough destroyers that are beat in enough not to bag wraith/CD3 and terns.

I have some beat in color glow firebirds that are PD-like.

I still have my PD's, CD3, and wraiths. I learned in these past 4 years of playing that its dumb to just sell off things that you actually can throw. I LOVE the CD3, wraiths, and PD so I'll keep them in storage just in case I want to go back to them.

I like to keep # of molds down, and having seasoned destroyers and firebirds cut down on two molds keeps my OCD in check.

I got rid of terns though, the shryke replaced that for good.

I also swapped out my rancho rocs (KC pro and USDGC Champ) with MD4 (champ and p line). I'll never give up my seasoned rocs though.

I still have my comets in storage too. i love those but just dont bag them.

Big Z Comet - Replaced by a 400G M4. Better hand feel, goes farther, easier to hyzer flip, turn, and control.
Champ Panther - Replaced by a 400G M4 now that I've learned how to flick the M4.
Champ TeeBird - Replaced by 400 F2. The TeeBird was just too deep for me. The F2s don't go quite as far. I love 400 plastic.
Champ Firebird - Replaced by a Sparkle Enemy. Better feeling plastic for more control, same great flight.
Riot - Not enough variance from Thunderbirds.

This is a fun thread and worthy of a necrobump. I wonder how many people would answer differently a year later.

For me the answer is the FD. Love that disc, but I love throwing fast fairways like Escapes and Hatchets more.

A year ago I answered only as my most favorite not used, which was the Inertia, and gave an honorable mention to the XXX. I still don't bag either, but might reverse that and say in all honesty the XXX is more a favorite than the Inertia. There are too many other fastisj drivers that are similar that I love (and also don't bag) such as the Insanity, Valkyrie, etc, to really make that distinction I think. While the XXX really fits in a more unique place for my use.

I would also add the Stalker. It was the first disc I ever bought new, and was my main driver for years before I eventually moved away from it. I no longer bag it because of the Crave.

And I would add the Volt, which was my gateway drug into MVP, but also moved away from because, Crave.

Currently its the predator. I love PDs too much and the stal being beefier with less glide overlaps less.

Westside Longbowman- currently bagging Felons and Culverin over the Longbowman.
Lat 64 Sinus- recently kicked out by the Shield.

wraith, CD3, PD, and tern.

I have enough destroyers that are beat in enough not to bag wraith/CD3 and terns.

I have some beat in color glow firebirds that are PD-like.

I still have my PD's, CD3, and wraiths. I learned in these past 4 years of playing that its dumb to just sell off things that you actually can throw. I LOVE the CD3, wraiths, and PD so I'll keep them in storage just in case I want to go back to them.

I like to keep # of molds down, and having seasoned destroyers and firebirds cut down on two molds keeps my OCD in check.

I got rid of terns though, the shryke replaced that for good.

I also swapped out my rancho rocs (KC pro and USDGC Champ) with MD4 (champ and p line). I'll never give up my seasoned rocs though.

I still have my comets in storage too. i love those but just dont bag them.

This. I thought the Tern was going to be my understable bomber forever. Then the Shryke came and blew the Tern away. Sorry, Tern. I still like you, but I like the Shryke way more.

Axis, Buzzz, Volt, Force

Covered the mids with a Comet /Tangent and don't have the arm for the other two right now.... Buzzz $260 and Force $200 for best Ace payouts ever..

Envy - just don't bag it anymore since my Atoms are really similar

M4 - great US mid, but I just don't use that shot as much anymore and the Alias is smoother with more control on Annys

Justice/BuzzzOS - great OS mids but I haven't really used them much since getting a new Zone and Machete

F7 - Sweet feeling disc with a nice US flight, but I have a couple F7's that feel and fly amazing and many others that are a paper plate - consistency made me look elsewhere - once I used a Patriot I knew that was the US fairway for me. RIP F7

F5 - Smooth straight fairway but have too much overlap already - Patriot and Volts kinda got that covered

Teebird - I actually still use the teebird and Teebird3 but lately im carrying a couple volts and that covers a lot of those - in summer I prefer to have a solid stable Tbird in the bag tho

Firebird - replaced with Machete - I will still bag it in place of a machete it may depend on conditions

Roadrunner - loved it for a long time - replaced with an Insanity - Insanity may be one of my favorite discs to throw (I suggest a max weight proton, they rule)

Valkyrie - Love it, still do, but just got away from it, too fast for fairway lines, not fast enough for distance lines, overall a great disc but just haven't found a spot ---I may revisit it if they release a new star blend of them.

Pulse - Great OS speed 10-11 disc. they went OOP and I just haven't used them lately but still in my collection and will likely be brought out when the time is right

Flick - Crazy Flat OS. Just fun and crazy, but a little unpredictable on the skips so the Machete kinda takes care super OS stuff anyway

D3 - was a good disc, but never found a replacement that flew like my first one did - moved on to Mayhem and Outlaws

Stiletto - I love this disc but its So fast and OS that I usually just use a OS Destroyer for that kinda shot and I get more throws in with that than the more OS Stiletto - more situations call for a OS Destroyer than the super beef of the Stiletto- with that said, I like to put it in the bag from time to time and its a GREAT disc and I Highly recommend it to people who like OS discs

Mine is very specific - it is a Big Z Drone that I loved for awhile.

It is beat into about OS roc stability, but the OS glide of that disc is a gorgeous sight to behold, and having a mid range that you can anhyzer flex is useful for shot shaping in the woods. I just have no reason to bag it since I have a star rancho roc that basically does the same thing. Between the zone I throw and the beefy FAF firebird, there really is no reason to bag it besides liking it.

I wish I could get all disc in big z plastic.

Max: OOP and I'm scared of losing the only disc that can give the FB a run for its money (RHFH)

I think Hyzerbomb/Millennium makes this, called the Sabot. Just came out with a metalflake version.

-----------------------------------------------

Well I've already gushed over the Sword in another thread so I'll say Sword. Actually, I've found a lot of my gyro stuff sneaking into my main bag lately, being the Ion, Envy (loving for FH), Insanity, and especially my Servo which just lasers for FH. I don't bag the Longbowman, Felon, or Buzzz but I throw those in immediately on a course with lots of disc lost potential.

Most favoret discs not currently bagged.

12x Ken Climo ROC with full color Ice bowl logo 180 grams, worth around $35-$40 due to the stamp making the disc flatter topped like a 10x or 11x Ken Climo ROC. Then a 2008 South Dakota State Disc 172-173 grams, I played in the tournament. Then a Wasp limited edition Elite Z plastic from a tournament I never played though I won that disc , as well as a Wasp with a tournament I did not play in limited edition Elite X. I can't throw ROC or ROC like disc so that is why the ROC and the Wasp's are out of my bag.

last a OOP g9i Wizard 172 grams, was only for an approach shot at about 45-50 feet, so specific a distance it was not worth keeping in my bag. I now have other discs that can do that shot and more, my old Pro Shark and Star Shark both 175 grams.

Possibly an old wore out 6 time champion Juliana Korvar Valkyrie bought in 2006 only because that disc convinced me to get the rest of my Innova discs except Leopard, soon retired the disc and #2 driver (lost under water) from Lighting in Champion plastic that were made in Champion plastic. No Star plastic was out and I did not have many Discraft discs yet maybe the Wasp in Elite X I mention above that I did throw but stopped after I found I did not like how you have to power those ROC and ROC like discs to have them fly without just dropping out at end of flight when disc first lost power. Star plastic did not come out until 2008 or so.

I no longer have the G9i, gave that to a Wizard user.

I forgot to say a Rubber putter though I do not currently have one, they made one of the best approach putters for that slow type glide to the basket but I currantly use a 175 gram star or old Pro Shark for that use as mentioned above.

The others including the X Wasp is still a favorite just too light and not made anymore. I have a Z Wasp (early run of Z from 2008 from a tournament, not older Elite Z) at correct weight for the disc to my play and it stinks. The one KC ROC is a disc I will not throw as I can't use the mold but it is a favorite for the fact I played in a really cold Ice bowl to win my division.

I never liked the #2 Driver after it was found to only float for 15-20 minutes. I now use the Dragon for floater and as a water disc that I trade out for a new one when they become flippy, end of flight the disc is landing upside down. I will also say the XL in Z/Elite Z was a favoriet but that is going to my mom my old one as a back up of hers as I needed a new one and it is oop. She can use the disc since she has problems generating power so the flippy problem I had will not show up for her. I did think about doing what I did with my old early run Champion Valkyrie but that Elite Z XL is not as trashed so I can give it away to somebody. I currently use a Z Stalker in its place (better flight, tad more awkward flight) but still have a ESP XL as it has the same fight as Stalker, not flippy like the Z version was but the ESP XL dumps out more at end of flight then Stalker.

SOORY FOR LONG POST.

I'd be happy to take a few sweet flat top preds off your hands then. I know you have some! :D

I sure do. Theres a few molds I won't get rid of my favorite backups. Which is good cause thats how the PD found its way back into rotation so easily.

Discraft: Buzzz and Crush

Latitude 64: Pure and Fuse

MVP: Atom

Prodigy: PA1 and F5

Legacy: Patriot

Millennium: OLF

Gateway: Warlock

Innova: Coyote and Classic Roc

Others: Yeah, others... I've lost interest or forgotten.

So many discs, so little time.

*Oh yeah, the Ultrastar!

Latest posts