• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your favorite 'NEW to you' disc you've tried in the last 6-12 months?

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
What is one disc (or several ;) ) that you've picked up to try and see it as a game changer? It doesn't have to be Newly released, but maybe something new to you that you decided to try and ended up loving?

For me: Westside Shield (BT plastics for putting) , the MD4 (been looking for a slightly OS mid that flies like a buzz with more bite-this is it) , The Volt (that comfortable go-to fairway/control driver that really does it all really well - like a longer beat teebird or a more controlled Valkyrie) , and Mayhem (been looking for that Beat in Destroyer flight in a NEW disc and the Mayhem is that, slight turn rides straight but hooks up, massive distance, good control)

I have actually had the Mayhem for a while but its gotta be my favorite Big rim disc I've tried in a LONG time --- but also the Teleport

I'm loving my proxy, it has such a nice hss. Workable but I don't find it takes off on me... just flies so well. I find my wizards have a tipping point where they go and don't come back... not as workable for me.

K3 Berg - Pure accuracy
Pro Pig - So comfortable and I love the flight

I used to think putters were boring and did not really like throwing them. These two discs changed my mind and now I am looking at other putters to try like the RDG Scale and Stego.

A max weight dyed Z Wasp, not domey but with a bit of a shoulder, really surprised me with the level of glide and Goldilocks stability. Fast but does not fall out of the air. I picked up a backup which is a little flatter, will have to give it a go too.

FDs were new to me, and man, they go farrrrr. Have to some degree simplified my bag because now I don't feel the need to bag leopards plus something like a hatchet for glidey woods fairway drives, the FD covers that whole swath of shots.

Either the Hurricane or Aftershock. The hurricane is a force for slightly more normal arms. The aftershock is a perfect pair (in my bag at least) with a comet. Faster, slightly more high speed stable, and a pretty familiar feel if you get a nice domey one.

Other than the Envy, Volt, and Tesla I haven't thrown much MVP/Axiom. Giving more a try this year.

Insanity - made the bag almost immediately. great S-lines, hyzer flips, anny with late or no flex. almost as much distance as my Terns

Honorable mentions
Clash - straight to stable fairway, very comfortable and trustworthy BH/FH
Proton Fireball - super flat, super comfortable. It's a firebird that I know will be flat wherever I buy it.
Wave - great distance, hyzer-flip to turn, rollers. Nice but started out too understable (tried Plasma and Neutron) looking for MVP/Axiom like this but a with bit more stability

OLF,PW Wizard, Prophecy, Scale. All of these discs were game changers for to in the past year. Scale is definitely my favorite to throw in the past six months.

Some of the new Infinite Discs molds have been really good additions to my bag, especially the Sphinx and Tomb. Both are "just what I was looking for" molds. :thmbup:

Also, maybe not an exact answer to the OP's question, but when I decided to stop fooling around and just use the Polecat as my approach disc, my scores got better.

Goldline River, I found one at a course with no writing, slightly worn and heat/water damaged. It is the best 300' turnover disc I've ever thrown.

Purchased an Opto River the other day, I'm amazed how straight the disc is. I pulled the JLS from my bag. I've tossed the Opto out to 350' dead rope. Compliments the Teebirds and Leopards perfectly.

Kastaplast Falk. I received a 173g K1 from my infinite discs VIP subscription and as soon as I felt the plastic I knew it would be a good one. Awesome hyzerflip to straight or turnover disc. I could see if being a good roller disc also. I can get it out to 350 on a good S shot and also have found it to be great for high panning annys.

Another one I have been kicking myself for not trying sooner is the Discraft Zone definitely lives up to all the praise I've heard.

K3 Berg - Pure accuracy
Pro Pig - So comfortable and I love the flight

I used to think putters were boring and did not really like throwing them. These two discs changed my mind and now I am looking at other putters to try like the RDG Scale and Stego.

looks like you've got some OS putter in check ,try the RDG Serpent out - its like a Berg but straighter and way awesome. And if you're into throwing putters one thing I will say the MVP Atom is THE BEST throwing putter (for faster putters) there is. Its almost like a mid. Very straight and stable like the Serpent, where I rate the Serpent 2/2/0/0.75 I say the Atom is like 4/3/0/1 (or when electron baseline plastic it wears into 4/3/0/0 then 4/3/-1/0 after much use)

If youre new to throwing putters those 2 I'd HIGHLY recommend ;) :popcorn:

Prime Trespass - they fit a nice spot in my bag. Fresh, they have some beef for my power - beat into a sweet spot pretty quickly and hold it for a long time. Pretty similar to what a DX Thunderbird will do.

Insanity - made the bag almost immediately. great S-lines, hyzer flips, anny with late or no flex. almost as much distance as my Terns.

^^^ This. Plasma Insanity around 155 has become my favorite driver for tight woods shots and standstill distance. One has a gouge in the rim and has become wonderfully understable.

Wave . . . looking for MVP/Axiom like this but a with bit more stability

Slightly-more-stable-than-a-Wave has been a hole in MVP/Axiom/Streamline's lineup for a while. I pair a 156 Neutron Wave with the lightest S-CD3 I can find.

Latest posts