• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your favorite 'NEW to you' disc you've tried in the last 6-12 months?

Probably the Wasp. Best OS mid there is (if you like cycling super durable or OOP plastic) but it needs more plastic types. It'll be a while before I have to put a fresh Z in the bag and I got mine used. Luckily the Comet covers the S/US side of things with a KC and DX Rocs taking the 2 and 3 slots.

Champion Roc3
Musket
Getaway
Longbowman
Explorer

A really good mid and 4 stable fairway drivers that all perform great.

I used to throw a flat champ 11x Eagle L. Never got along with it, too nose angle sensitive, not enough glide, etc.

Recently bought a stack of early 12x era champ Eagle Ls. It's like they can read my mind.

I'm gonna say Pro Leopard. I picked one up and it sat around for a bit while I was using a Relay for super understable stuff and Champion for less flippy Leopard stuff. Anyway, the Pro (maybe it beat in a bit) is flying like a worn Star seems to fly for people with better arms. Nice hyzer flip to straight, relatively high anny flex lines through trees... good disc.

Started throwing the D2 this year. It was everything I wanted the Destroyer to be. The Prodigy plastics are very impressive.

I also have been messing around with the Banger GT for a little while. I'm back to Wizards for the moment, but I wouldn't hesitate to put Banger Gt's back in if I decide spin putting is better for me. It's also a great driving putter so it may stick in the bag for that alone.

P3x

D line P3x don't let the numbers scare you off after 2 or 3 rounds they're super straight

Roach, Sting and ESP Comets (I've thrown X, Z, Glow Z, Big Z for years)

I have had a somewhat recent epiphany with quite possibly a new addition to Jamie's Mt. Rushmore of molds....

THE THUNDERBIRD

I held off a long time from trying it as I figured I had unlimited Gateway control drivers at my disposal. Apaches, Diablo, Etc. All of those Gateway molds are fantastic but on a whim I tried a Champ Thundy and my game has really benefited.

My true golf distance sits around 375-400 on a good rip. The Thunderbird seems to eat up all the power I can give it and really just flies straight to fade out to around 350+. No gimmicks, no necessary turn angle... Just straight to fade bombs.

Fast-forward to my bag today : I have 4 Thundys in my bag and will reach for them any chance I get. They're unbelievable how consistently molded they are too. Pro, Champ and Star have all flown like Thunderbirds.

It's not often that I throw a new mold and think it will be in my bag forever... But I'm confident the Thunderbird will be there.

I have had a somewhat recent epiphany with quite possibly a new addition to Jamie's Mt. Rushmore of molds....

THE THUNDERBIRD

I held off a long time from trying it as I figured I had unlimited Gateway control drivers at my disposal. Apaches, Diablo, Etc. All of those Gateway molds are fantastic but on a whim I tried a Champ Thundy and my game has really benefited.

My true golf distance sits around 375-400 on a good rip. The Thunderbird seems to eat up all the power I can give it and really just flies straight to fade out to around 350+. No gimmicks, no necessary turn angle... Just straight to fade bombs.

Fast-forward to my bag today : I have 4 Thundys in my bag and will reach for them any chance I get. They're unbelievable how consistently molded they are too. Pro, Champ and Star have all flown like Thunderbirds.

It's not often that I throw a new mold and think it will be in my bag forever... But I'm confident the Thunderbird will be there.

Agreed. I put a champion Thunderbird in my bag and have never looked back. Such a great mold. It really will eat up all the power you give it and translate it into straight distance.
Thunderbirds are great drivers for holes where accuracy is a must.

It's funny to see all the Thunderbird comments above. I don't have anything against it, except that my 175g Champ started to lose a little too much HSS and was recently starting to flip a bit. I did have a fresh 175 champ, but I chose to try a different mold:

I had recently bought a Big Z Vulture, and it's exactly what I was hoping for in the same spot. It does great on similar straight/hyzer lines. It has a lot of straight before the fade, and does well forehand and backhand. Add to that some similar feel between it and an Undertaker, and the two go well together. It reminds me quite a bit of a Tsunami.

THE THUNDERBIRD

What's the difference between the thundy and your baby, the tyrant?

Latest posts