• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Favorite Plastic

I currently carry:

G9i, Opto, Glo Z, X-Link Medium, Icon, Elite-Z, Pinnacle, gummy Pinnacle, G*, Champ, C-Line, S-Line, P-Line, and Cryo Stiff

Of those, I couldn't pick one plastic as a favorite. They are all awesome for each of the molds I carry.

westside tournament plastic, 11x innova plastic, SSS gateway plastic and any opaque dayglow plastic

If I can only have one, it's going to be a toss up between Salient's Liquid or Lat64's Opto

Thy are both super durable and still grippy. I like the Opto a little more in the heat, it doesn't get as flexy but the liquid feels great inte cold.

I like different plastic for different discs as well though so it would be difficult.

MVP's overmold plastic is so tough it's crazy. I would love to combine Opto with an overmold. Proton is close, but not quite as grippy.

Gateway's erasery Sure Grip has the best feel on the market. If only they could make it as durable as Champion.........

Too many to choose from as of late.... Gateways' Eraser and 4S, Prodgiy's 300, 400G/S, 750 and SE, Innova Pro, G Star, and DX, Lat's Opto, DD's Lucid, Prodiscus Premium(sp?).. shoot it'd be easier to list the plastic I don't like...which if I may is: Innova's Champion and Gateway's Evolution- too slick and too waxy.

old San Marino KCP and DX is nice

750 is quite stiff and suuuuper tacky

If I had an unlimited supply to replace whenever necessary...

DX.

Realistically though, I think Innova's Star and Discraft's ESP are probably the best 'all around' mixes out there.

Over the entire life of the disk, Star, Pro, R-pro and Lat64 Gold line are my favorites (or their equivalents of other companies)

For putters old pro d used in bar stamp challengers, for mids kc pro, for fairways champ and distance star.

I have a yellow Gold Line Villain that has awesome plastic. I think it was a prototype plastic before Lat came out with there recycled line of plastic.

Prodigy 400. Also dig 300, 350, Discraft ESP, Z Flx, Innova Glow Champion, Star; Opto!

It's all good. I'd say 400, Opto, Glow Star-- just from the one's I've used...which were many. I don't really like Pro-D or DX,

Latest posts