• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your First Disc

About 10 years ago, when my children were 10-12 years old, I bought 3 Sharks, 175-177, Red, Blue, and Yellow, to see if disc golf would be something we would enjoy. We tried it once or twice, then never played again. My son played some in high school, and he threw the yellow Shark in a lake.

Fast forward to last summer, I went with my son, who had played a lot last year at college. I found the two remaining sharks in the garage, and became hooked.

Still like those Sharks for approaches and occasional putts.

my first disc was a DX whippet back in 1999, man I had that disc dialed in for forehands.. a few months later I realized it was probably the worst disc for me to start with. haha. but it was too late, already had the bug.

The first 2 discs i bought were a max wt. Pro Rhyno and a 165 DX Wraith. I used the rhyno for months until i found the Wizard. I still have it. As for the dx Wraith, a month after I got it, my brother (who was also a newb at the time) got his first and only ace with it. So I let him have that disc. He also insisted we call him MR. ACE after that. :doh:

My first discs I bought in a set of 3, DX leopard, DX shark and DX aviar, actually still use that same aviar for short anhyzers, gave away the shark, and lost the leopard.

Elite Pro MRX Tye Dye & Glow in the Dark & a Z Cyclone.

My attraction to them was that they were both Tye Dyed and I was a stoner high school kid...

Still have the MRX and the Cyclone was one of those crappy Tye Dyes that has too much clear so it disappeared quickly.

I do still throw both molds though.

Attachments

• MRX.jpg
    MRX.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6
The first disc ever tried was a Pro D Reaper. Bad choice

First disc I owned, well it was the Innova starter kit. Still throw the Leopard & Aviar.

My first discs were Champion Avair, Panther and Valk, the starter kit I bought at Dick's back in summer of 2008.

The first disc golf disc I ever saw and threw was a Millennium JLS. The first few discs I ever bought were Millennium JLS, Polaris LS, and a DX aviar

Something tie-dyed, I don't think I'll ever know. I grabbed it off the rack at Play it Again Sports because it was the coolest looking one, and lost it a month or so later.

My neighbor's kid introduced me to this great game. The next day I got 2 discs from the club house at a local course. A yellow dx Eagle and a yellow Millennium Sentinel. I think I chose them because they were yellow and figured that they would be easy to find. I swiftly lost the Eagle, I still have the Sentinel.

A 1989 Yellow 173g Innova Stingray, stamped sparkly-red. It was beautiful. Given to me by Jim Ingold who, I believe, joined the PDGA in 1977 or so. Lost it in a large patch of poison ivy that summer at Oxbow Park (Goshen, IN). Also found a few unmarked Discs that summer there...A Discraft Phantom II, a Lightning disc (I'm browsing images online and the F-15 Eagle looks like it might've been it).

Had a few others I bought or won at a small tournament there early on, including a maroon 1991 PDGA doubles-stamp Stingray (dinosaurs stamp) that I used for years, an orange Roc that had a hole from a thorn in it, a maroon Aviar Putter, a red Viper that I couldn't throw to save my life, and an orange/yellow Whippet that I could tomahawk (and got my first ace!).

I lost all my early Discs by the mid-'90s.

Last edited:
169g dx aviar was my first pruchase. I roc and orc were given to me my first few rounds. Had fun and realized I should get a putter. It was still in my bag as a flippy approach putter until about 6 months ago when I realized I hate red discs.

picked up a nuke and a surge.. :doh: got a x-out cobra about a week later, muchhhh smarter move for my armspeed at the time haha

DX Skeeter and DX Classic Aviar. Have already beat the Skeeter into flippy-oblivion; really enjoyed the Aviar, but lost it in a backyard bordering the park I practice at, and never got a call about it. :(

Frist disc i threw was innova shark but for my first disc i bought a D-line td,d-line md2 and d-line p1 which ones comes in discmania starter package.The first disc i threw from those was the td

Latest posts