• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Your go to disc for nothing but distance?

It used to be the star archon but since I lost mine and haven't quite ever replaced it (easy disc down train for my game) I guess pro wraith is my answer.

The archon nearly hurts your hand to throw properly but damn that massive wedge feels so great to beast out there.

Right now its the Valkyrie. I use a glow Champion for FH and a GStar for BH. I've tried faster discs but have never found a mold that has this combination of straight/stable flight and predictability. Goes farther than my Wraiths most of the time.

Crank in the air. ... If a CTP, try a roller if i am willing to risk a 4. Crank rarely leaves the van though. FB / Flash / LF / Valk are my normal distance set.

Can't reach, so normally I drive whatever I feel smooth and hot with at the moment. played a hole like this today. Valk smooth long s to setup a meteor for easy rangeable upshot targeted at the backside of the circle.

Seasoned N Octane or fresh N Catalyst on a LHBH airshot for me, still probably only get to about 425-450 when I really get ahold of it.

Mid weight champ destroyer, that you happened to get from a remarkably under stable (for a destroyer) mold and has unreal amounts of glide. Will sit me probably around 425 if I absolutely rip it, assuming it goes where I want at that distance
A more practical shot would be teebird for 325-350, upshot for the remaining 150 or so feet, and drop it in the hole from 5 out

My Blizzard Katana or my RPro Boss - but neither would go anywhere close to 500 feet.

I rarely carry it, but fresh -3 not -4 turn Star Tern. I can throw it high and just slight hyzer and watch it do its thing.

Slightly beat Champ Tern thrown flat and a bit high is more likely since I always have it in my bag. Maybe a little shorter than the above, but more likely to be available and give me close to what I need.

I was using a sPD in the 150g range for max D, but now I'm using a beat in 167g Banshee. It doesn't have the most glide, but I can rip it out to nearly 400' on a good toss.

If you can't handle wing size well their are a lot of good long glidey discs.

Curious what some of those might be. Right now in my bag I would say my max distance disc is a recycled Saint. I'm not sure on measured distance but think my best throws are just over 400'.
I have a Star Destroyer and even on what feels like a great rip and sexy looking anny flex distance line I'm consistently 25-30' shorter than the Saint and I pretty much blame the rim width.

I can get my 167 Star Vulcan out to about 350feet on a good day. I drive forehand so it's kinda hard to add distance once you are at this point. I might be able to get it up to 400 but I will never be throwing a 500 foot forehand shot unless I'm going pro

I'm not throwing 500' with anything, but in those conditions I'd put a Tern out there and clean up with a putter or mid.

Opto Flow, high hyzer flip/anny that will slowly straighten and might fade back a bit. Just had my farthest no-wind throw with it this week, of course it was an extra throw between two holes... 400' from the basket to the next tee, woods ~15' past the tee pad, was still ~10' off the ground and went ~15' into the woods.

I don't have any luck with faster discs, too touchy on the nose angle for me and don't really have enough arm to flip them.

Vibram lace is my go to. Thing glides for days. Or maybe an unlace if I have enough room to get it up high and let it work.

Missed the edit window...

A 162g 1.1 SOLF is still my longest wind driver, have gotten it close to 500' in a 20mph L to R tailwind.