• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Your go to disc for nothing but distance?

For all of you that like data, I've tallied this whole thread, and here are all the discs with more than 1 vote for max distance air shots:

Destroyer 14
Tern 13
DDx 9
Boss 7
Wraith 6
Katana 6
King 5
Octane 3
Northman 3
Vulcan 3
Nuke 3
Valkyrie 3
Renegade 2
Crank 2
Bolt 2
Lace 2
Daedalus 2

I didn't tally discs that people said they would throw for rollers. If you said "I might throw this or this" then I tallied both discs. If you said "I might throw this, but this other disc would be better" then I only tallied the "better" disc.

Looks like Destroyers and Terns are the distance kings for DGCR folks. The DDx made a surprisingly strong showing for such a new mold. For Trilogy throwers, the King is the distance disc of choice, and for Gyro folks it's the Octane. We don't have enough Prodigy/Vibram/Discraft folks for there to be much separation between particular molds (or many votes at all).

My Big Z Crank is beating in to the point of becoming really straight, but it just seems to not have the distance potential of a Tern. For me anyway.

With my badly bent, ancient, noodle arm this is a Par 4. If all the planets are aligned I can get a Z Nuke out to 325, maybe a bit more. So its a Z Nuke for me.

Latest posts