• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Longest Ace?

hole #2 at the scrapyard (IDLEWILD) 353 ft backhand one skip into the chains....with a C PD-2....two days ago

Hole 18 895ft uphill w/ a buzz. Double turnover reverse helix chicken wing skipper. It hit the yellow band and bounced straight down and stuck. I video'd it but the shot was so huge that it fried the mainframe in my super8 handycam.

256'. Hole #4 at Ballou Park - Course #2. Z Buzzz SS on a really thin hyzer that would have gone 30-40' past the basket had it not nicked a skinny tree and crashed in. That was last Friday. No witnesses.

I did have a longer one on a test hole that I am considering using on a course I am designing. A touch over 300' with a +15' elevation change. Photo attached. Champ Teebird. But since the hole doesn't REALLY exist yet...

When it exists, count it.
And 300' here

So close to a 370' today. Threw my Pro-Wraith with an amazing S-Curve and it sat down about 5' directly in front of the basket. I think I jinxed it by getting too excited that it might actually happen Haha But my longest, and only, one was on hole 18 at Ann Morrison Park in Boise. 210'.

380' downhill at Roper Park in Lincoln, NE. ESP Force running over the basket but hit some leafy branches and dropped in.

Hole 18 895ft uphill w/ a buzz. Double turnover reverse helix chicken wing skipper. It hit the yellow band and bounced straight down and stuck. I video'd it but the shot was so huge that it fried the mainframe in my super8 handycam.
If you would have said a Polecat, I would have believed you.

thats ridiculous.... its BUZZZ not buzz

Still waiting for a long ace, but I have 8 under 300'. Most memorable were the roller ace, and the road-trip ace off a rock at Diamond X in Montana. Also participated in a "back-to-back" ace on a 150ft down hill tight putter shot. I threw first, organic wizard in the chains. High fives. Here someone from a few holes away yell "Was that an ace?" "Yep". Sat down on bench. Friend throws. Z Challenger straight in the bucket. We yell back to the other guy, "that one too!"

EDIT: I vaguely recall a story of Gregg Barsby acing an impossibly long blind hole with a roller during a tournament. The way I recall hearing it was that Barsby and group were walking up the fairway and the spotter is listing where the shots went nonchalantly, "First ones short and left, just in those bushes, second one is middle fairway 150' short, third one rolled up off that downed log and into the basket, fourth one is on the right behind the big oak"

Can anyone confirm that or am I dreaming?

Last edited:

Latest posts