• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Longest Non-Ace Shot That Hit The Chains

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just wondering what every ones longest shot ( I guess could call it a putt) that hit the chains that was a second or third shot.

I have two. My longest was at the practice field. I hit the practice basket from almost 200 ft out. My longest so far is about a 160ft birdie shot that bounced off a tree.

It's always exciting to hit a deuce from afar. My most memorable was when I cashed one from ~180' with my Star Cro. Conditions were hardly perfect; There were gusty winds holding steady at 20-25mph, and I threw a small gap between a large Spruce and a Birch. The sound of chains exploding creates such a rush, I think that's one thing that keeps us hooked :wink:

In a tourney about 7 years ago, I hit a birdie from about 390-400. It was a 450 ft hole and I shanked my drive to the right and hit a tree not far off the tee. Ihad a big blind hyzer shot. Hit it with a CE Valk and ended up winning my first Advanced event by 2 shots.

lol nice dave! i hit a 120-150 ft spike hyzer over a tree with a firebird last year (for 2 on a decently tough 3 hole)... just went over on a 45 degree angle and smashhhhed the basket. (chains flew to the top and hovered for a second, crazy physics...)

About 175'. Had a drive go about 310 on 480' hole. Threw sidearm, it brushed through a few branches and then bam into the chains for the only deuce ever on the temporary hole set up for that tournament.

BTW that was the first hole of the tournament, that I went on to win and had the only scorecard with all 2s and 3s.

about 250 ft, hole 3 at Zeb. I flicked a pred that slammed into the chains and stuck perfectly.

So I was playing Ript Revenge with Sleepy and Darren Harper last week and I throw this BEAUTY of a drive on hole 7 at Starr park and end up like 10 feet from the chains.

Cancel shot.

BASTARD!!!

Threw the next shot HORRIBLE and ended up with like...200-250' to go.

I get to the lie and there's just nothing. Best line is a big long anny. I pull out my putter, give it some thought, and send it on RAILS to the chains - only to splash out!

Even so... easily 225'+ anhyzer with hardly any height to it, hit EXACTLY where I wanted it to...I was stoked for the rest of the round!

But whoever played that cancel shot is still a bastard! :evil:

in my first safari tournament...i three'd a 800 ft hole w/ my third shot smashing the the chains from ~ 275 ft out.

August 2005....Safari Tournament....Long 8 to basket 9....174 DX Valk :)

longest for me has to be a 50ft birdie i was just wanting to put it close (cause there were a ton of trees in the and only one line) well putt and it floats for ever it seems and with no fade at all hit dead center man i wish i know how i did it casue i would do that all the time

krazybronco said:
longest for me has to be a 50ft birdie i was just wanting to put it close (cause there were a ton of trees in the and only one line) well putt and it floats for ever it seems and with no fade at all hit dead center man i wish i know how i did it cause i would do that all the time

Get a practice basket and hit the practice field and you will. My putting has greatly improved since I started doing that. Today at the practice field I hit several 60ft putts and a 80ft putt. Just practice ,practice and you will do it.

SkaBob said:
So I was playing Ript Revenge with Sleepy and Darren Harper last week and I throw this BEAUTY of a drive on hole 7 at Starr park and end up like 10 feet from the chains.

Cancel shot.

BASTARD!!!

'Scuse me, I'm new, what do you mean cancel shot? Like a mulligan? Why would you mulligan a shot 10' from the hole?

aquascummm said:
SkaBob said:

Cancel shot.

BASTARD!!!

'Scuse me, I'm new, what do you mean cancel shot? Like a mulligan? Why would you mulligan a shot 10' from the hole?

Key words: So I was playing Ript Revenge

on a 340 ft hole my drive hit a tree ~60 ft out. made the ~280 birdie with my z buzzz, then i threw both hands up in the air and looked around for a witness.... no one :evil:

I've cashed a few from 200 out. But my longest hit chains would be a temp hole that was 360 feet uphill. It played mored like 390. I threw a complete luck shot and it hyzered back at the end and slammed into the chains and fell out. The shot didn't deserve to stick, it was so ugly.

I was playing a 330 hole, my first drive hit a tree about 120 feet down the way. I was bummed, cause I knew it was another par at best. Shot was off to my right so I pulled out my Dx Stingray and threw it a lot harder than I needed too with some hyzer on it. As soon as I let it go, it felt good.

It cut back perfectly landed in the basket, no chains, it did like a full circle around the inside of the basket and parked itself. It was probably my best disc golf moment so far...those kind of shots can make up for a crappy day.

Mine was at a tourney just this past spring. It was a few holes into the first round and i was having some rotten luck, teeing off last for every hole. So the hole was a sharp dogleg right with a left-handed slope to it, so once you got around the corner you were faced with an uphill putt. Anyways my bad luck continued when my forehand drive, which looked decent, skipped up the hillside, got up on edge and proceeded to roll down the hill in the opposite direction to the hole. It would not sit down! Anyways one of the guys in my group said you'll nail the upshot...and so i did! I threw my beat proto wizard about 120 feet on a hard upslope, so it played ~200'. CHING.

Ended up being a turning point as my luck turned after that shot, ended up with the best round out of my group for that round and finished in the money.

aquascummm said:
SkaBob said:

Cancel shot.

BASTARD!!!

Cancel shot is a Ript Revenge card. It cancels the shot one of your opponents just took and forces them to re-tee.

Although my shot is pale in comparison, I felt compelled to post anyway.

Yesterday, at the Santa Maria Open final par 68 18 hole Safari round, I threw what I thought was the perfect drive, but my destroyer was feeling frisky and decided to flip and fly straight past the pin about 60 feet down a steep slope, into a volleyball sand pit area. I had decided to go for it seeing as how I had started the day in 30th place roughly. I sent my rhyno sailing uphill as my card watched on and heard them cheer before I realized my disc was in! It was a great birdie, and sent my round score in the direction that would eventually bump me from 30th to 7th. My best round ever in fact, and my best Advanced placement so far.

At another tournament months ago, I through a horrible drive on an obvious 200' birdie hole. My drive hit a tree and was about 30 feet in front of the tee. Disgusted, I picked my disc and flung a sloppy sidearm at the basket, only to have it slam chains for a 170' birdie. I was still disgusted though.....

The long hole at Zebulon (forget the number), but it's about 620-650', little bit of a downhill. I was in a tournament in March and had never played the course before. On the long hole, my first shot hit trees on the left side of the fairway about 270 or 300' from the tee. My second shot was a RHBH hyzer with a KC Teebird that stuck in the chains for my longest deuce ever. I couldn't even see the basket, but the spotter on the hole started going crazy. I think I was the only deuce in the tournament on that hole that weekend, despite lots of great players going through there for several rounds. It was a great feeling.