• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your longest shot that went in the basket

I hit a 240' ace today (#5 at the Horning's Hideout Hillside course); that's gotta be my longest shot that's gone in. It's a bit uphill too, so it plays like about 280'.

93ce3475.jpg

Nice!

My longest shot that went in the basket was on hole 5 at Lenora park in Georgia. It is a 362ft open downhill drive with basket located at the bottom of the hill next to the tree line. I just threw my champion valk at it on a laser. I mean there was no curve left or right or really even changes to the angle up or down. It just went on a perfectly straight line from my hand to the basket.

0da7129b_m.jpg

Longest shot was at #8 at Mint Hill, Charlotte, NC area.
150' to the basket and I didn't want to leave it short, and it's uphill. So I chucked a 180g QMS and it went straight to the chains for a nice deuce on a Par 4 hole.
I can still see in my mind's eye how it hit the chains and settled in the basket.

Longest shot ever made

My longest shot was about 110 ft. I made up a hole in my backyard then extended it and on the first try it went in. I have also made about 50 30ft.+ shots.

In an actual round, I sunk a ~100 birdie with my Stingray and just the other day I was practicing at a hole and carelessly sidearmed tossed my valkyrie from ~100+ and that went in.

No ace yet :( but soon, I can feel it.

Being a short hole dosen't matter. Hitting any target from 150ft out is not easy. Much less hitting something less than 3 feet wide with a disc.

Today #11 Jaycee Park Quarry In Sheboygan 185 footer over a massive shrub amongst some mature trees. I threw an anny with a 168 Roadrunner let it float right and then it dove back to the left. You cannot see the basket from the tee because of this massive shrub, I knew it was good, and then all I heard was chains!!!!! It sounded solid too so I thought it was in, but you never know if it is in or kicked out. Fortunately it stayed in the chains!

My first ACE!!! Unfortunately noone was there to see it (NOT EVEN ME) but I heard it.

Oh hell, I'm horrible at estimating distance, but mine is something like 75 to 100 feet out with my brick aviar. Forearmed it straight into the basket, much to my surprise.

New longest shot!! Still not an ace though :(

I got some negative tree love (tree hate?) on hole 17 at Parmalee Park. Threw my Roc in from about 140 feet, into a 10 MPH headwind. Just floated straight into the basket. Luckily I had the good sense to pace this one off :D

345' turnover shot with a Tbone. It was a large open field with one large tree to get around about 20' in front of me. There was a curious jogger that stopped to watch and I always do better with an audience so I let fly and hit it perfectly. The jogger actually started clapping and yelling things at me. I know the distance because there use to be a short tee just to the right of where my disc landed before the course was re-designed. If I had been playing from that short tee that day it would have been my first ace.

Update to the longest shot to go in:
Friday, I threw a QMS 180g from 165' on 17 at Castle Hayne Park in Wilmington, NC;
then Sunday I Aced hole 1 at Steed Park in Richlands, 169' with a 174g ESP Impact.
I feel like I oughta go out and put some money on the lottery.

Nothing quite as spectacular as some of these shots, but I have made a few putt/approaches from the 50-60 ft range that have surprised me by going in. One in particular I remember came off the hand a lot stronger than I anticipated or wanted, and had it not hit dead on center of the basket, would have carried another 40-50 feet behind the chains, lol.

Threw an xcalibur forehand uphill about 230 or so feet, it broke right just before a big oak tree and bamm! Hole 10 blue Bryan park, Richmond Va. It was my second shot after two bad drives(both of us) in doubles.

My step-son nained a 70ft putt yesterday. He was very happy becase he is not very good at disc golf and I think that is his longest shot today. It should make some of you happy that he made it with a Wizard.

My step-son nained a 70ft putt yesterday. He was very happy becase he is not very good at disc golf and I think that is his longest shot today. It should make some of you happy that he made it with a Wizard.

It's time to trade in all those magnets for some Wizards. Then you too will be naining putts from 70' like a red-headed step-child.

Latest posts