• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your Max Distance Driver

G* Wraith. I've been messing with a Starlite Wraith, but have had no luck as yet.

For distance...

...330' in real world...450' in internet world.

Sounds about right. 330' is about all I can expect. Every once and a while I can crush one to like 385'. Which in the dgcr world means I always hit 400'.

I keep taking it out of my bag, but every time I do distance fieldwork I end up realizing that my gold line 172g bolt goes far.

beaten in bottom stamp destroyer. Slight turn off the pad, but a consistent fade back home...everytime (unless I throw it wrong, then it's just blah!).

I wonder when Mr. West is going to come in and drop his player ratings and how they relate to distance graph...

Lucid Renegade or VIP Flow
Slight turnover
350 to 375

No wind- Lucid Renegade. RHBH. Prob average 325-350.

I did have a divine wind help me on the downhill hole 3 at Iron Hill from the gray tee to the gold pin (500') and wind up about 10' past the basket.

Worn in Star Destroyer 171. Mild dome to it, flies pretty true with a little less fade.

Max level throw during a round was 419 (UDisc, so "+/-16ft"). Typically ~375 but I'll round up to 520 for the internet factor.

No reason for embarrassment. At 320' you probably throw farther than 90% of everyone who plays disc golf. You're on a forum for the obsessed, with folks who may or may not embellish their distances. (I tend to not worry whether they're true or false because it makes no difference to me how far someone else can throw a disc.)
Everyone has different abilities, for different reasons.

Have fun golfing. Worry not about what anyone else is doing.

You nailed it on the head, I was better/much more consistent player when I topped out around 275-300.

Was throwing my North man around 330' consistently, however was all over the 0lace to the left and right with them. Just recently disced down to all < 7 speed discs and am still throwing an Ultrium Laseri and Amber Ptero the same distance with way more accuracy, so will likely be staying at this distance with those discs for a good while.

Have several drivers but somehow end up back with a beat in gold line Flow. I can throw it hard LHBH and it'll turn left for days before a small fade back. Typically 325-375, but got lucky and ripped one 470 the other day

So what disc do you reach for on a wide open hole with no wind?
King if up/downhill and there is a solid country mile on the right for it to flip towards. C-DDx for a trustier straight line.
How far do you expect to throw?
Clear over those mountains.
How are you throwing?
By putting my big ass into it.

On a wide open, level hole I can RHBH either my 168gr UnLace or 165gr Lace out to about 285' fairly accurately most times. With a little help from the wind I might hit 300' +/- 10' . Unfortunately where I play 300' wide open hole are few and far between. :p

I usually max out about 400, depending on day and wind. If I'm throwing well I'll reach for my 167g Proton Octane, which on a shallow hyzer flip I can put out to 425. If I'm not throwing my faster drivers up to speed (which is more often than I would like) then I can hit 400 with my Inertia pretty consistently. If I have a wide open 420 foot hole I'm throwing the inertia... if it's longer I'll grab an Octane. Catalyst is showing some signs of being longer than anything else in my bag but it is still new and I haven't had any field testing with it to dial it in.
As a side note, I don't get why people throwing under ~360 would throw anything faster than a speed 10/11... with my 400 feet of power I often times don't power up my high speed drivers, I don't get why you wouldn't throw a slower disc that may end up 10 feet shorter but goes that distance every time. That's why my inertia is my go-to distance driver, even though it's a speed 10

If Im feeling my oats, its a 167g VIP Sword with the Infinite Discs bomber stamp. I have short arms and a big chest, so its difficult to get the proper pull but I do generate enough power from my hips to make it work. Very slight anhyzer gives it a beautiful S-Curve that I can get out to 400 with about 425 being my top end.

Normally though my go-to is a G-Line PD,max weight. I can get it to 375 with little effort and have hit 400 in the field with it.

Might be in my bag....some champ terns in the upper 60's.

Most likely in my bag are Saints in the low 70's.

Throwing at 85 percent with a clean snap, hopefully long enough to reach the hole.

If not I should have just gone 80 percent and accepted the long putt.

Latest posts