• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Magnet > APX > XPuttt'r > Rhyno 8 Years > Ion 6mos > BangerGT 6mos > Rhyno

I always come back to the Rhyno. For 300' and in there is nothing better for me. I carry a champ for approaches, a beat pro line for turnover, a non-beat pro line for putting and an R-Pro for driving.

Started soft magnet, challenger, yeti pro, wizard, and now a Judge which is here to stay. Few others in between but no more than a round or two. The ones I listed I actually tried for a long enough period of time before moving to the next.

Ill Play
A&P Aviar --> KC Aviar --> Wizard --> KC Aviar --> Stiff small Bead Aviar --> Challengers
(---------5/6yrs---------)(----------------2ish years---------------------)(--2+yrs--)
I could still putt with Aviars but I just have supreme confidence in the Challenger and THAT is what its all about.

Last edited:
Aviar -> XD -> Challenger -> Pure

not sure if the Pure will ever leave the bag now. It just feels so good in the hand that it makes me confident.

Primary Putter -

DX Aviar P&A -> DX Sonic -> DX Polecat -> Soft Proton Anode -> Eco1 Swan2 (now with a couple BT as well)

First 3 were used for about a year apiece, give or take. Anode lasted for a bit less, and overlapped both the Polecat and Swan2 eras. The Swan2 is a magical thing of beauty. Feels right and flies right. I understand it at close range and long range, and that is the most important thing.

Secondary Putter -

SS Wizard -> ESP Zone -> Champion Rhyno -> Sinus AP

Discovered quickly that I tend to prefer no bead, low profile, low glide, and massive hook on a secondary putter. I want it to die in the air and just fall off sideways. A nice hard Sinus is hard to beat.

Challenger to Magnet to Challenger to Pure.

All in all, the Chally was in my bag for about 5 1/2 of my playing years. This past summer the first with the Pure, but I don't foresee going back to the Challenger again. My putting has never been more consistent than it is with the Pure, plus Opto Pures accomplish just about everything I need for a driving putter. It's still odd not carrying my mix of D and Z Challengers, but I love STIFF putters, and I just never could find stiff enough D plastic. That and I love the lower profile of the Pure.

Challenger to Magnet to Challenger to Pure.

All in all, the Chally was in my bag for about 5 1/2 of my playing years. This past summer the first with the Pure, but I don't foresee going back to the Challenger again. My putting has never been more consistent than it is with the Pure, plus Opto Pures accomplish just about everything I need for a driving putter. It's still odd not carrying my mix of D and Z Challengers, but I love STIFF putters, and I just never could find stiff enough D plastic. That and I love the lower profile of the Pure.

CT Challengers.... Problem solved!

I went through a phase where I was getting a new putter every 2-3 weeks.

Aviar -> Leopard (which was stamped a dart and I didn't know any better) -> GT BAnger -> Dart -> R-Pro Dart -> SSS Voodoo -> SSS Magic -> Firm Warlock -> Firm Magic -> GL9 Wizard -> Yeti Aviar -> Anode

I've been with the Neutron Anode for almost a year now and don't see that I'll ever change. I also got a soft Ion for drives and upshots.

I've also tried a few of my friend's putters such as the McPro Aviars, Rhinos, Soft to Medium Wizards, and I bagged a Zone for a while.

oh, and the swan.

don't do what i did. -___- or maybe, do what i did and realize which ones you like and don't like. putters are such a personal thing, but i'm glad to say the wizard really gets it done. it's funny because i still waffle between the wizard and anode/ion, but the plastics for the wizard just get it done for me. perfect 1 mold to take care of everything.

sanny beadless aviar>SE Rhyno>Rpro aviar>Rpro dart>SSS wizard>kcpro aviar>new jk pro aviar>sanny jkpro aviars

i also throw a 11x kc champ for approaches,rpro xd for tight shots,and a pro pig for hyzers

Magnet->Banget GT->Rhyno->Wizard->Challanger->SB Aviar->back to the Magnets, and don't think I'm changing anything for a while.. I did just buy a swan2....

I really like trying to new putters:

Aviar > Challenger > Wizard > Magic > Magnet > KC Aviar > Yeti > Warlock > Omega SS > Sole > Ridge > McPro

I always come back to the beadless DX Aviar.

Dart> Halloween Aviar> Mako> DX Aviar> Anode> Ion> DX Aviar> RFF Wizard

Don't ask about the Mako, I was being an idiot...

aviar pna > wizard > banger gt > kc pro aviar > magic > challenger > judge

some for shorter times than others, carried the banger gt, challenger, and judge the longest of them all.

DX Aviar for first 6 months, tried out the 'Up Shot' and FLX Challenger for the next 6 months or so.

Been putting with a lot of success w/ KC aviars since then.

Just got a Vibram Summit in the mail and ordered 4 ridges so I am going to give Vibram a shot for 2014 (assuming I don't hate the ridge and rage-sell them after failing to adjust to them)

Challenger --> Voodoo --> Wizard --> Anode --> Wizard --> Voodoo

I still use the Wizards for all approach shots and putter drives, but I am back to putting with the Voodoo. I bought a stack of 5 black eraser Voodoos, so I don't foresee changing my putting putter anytime soon.

Latest posts