• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] You've Been Signed Part Deux

Alexplz

Double Eagle Member
Hey based on a post by RichardTempura which was pretty popular, I figured I'd start this thread with a bit of a spin on the concept.

The name of the game is to imagine you've been signed and are now sponsored by a disc company. Say part of the terms of the signing was that you needed to throw 100% that company and get rid of your mixed bag. I'll leave it up to you if you think sponsorship by Innova but bagging some Discmania molds is OK, for example.

How would your bag change? How would it stay the same? How hard would the adjustment be?

To shake things up, at the end of your post, let the next poster know who they have been sponsored by.

Last time I changed to DC - this time I'll suppose I've been sponsored by Vibram, just because I know very little about their lineup...

Daggers > I'd have to feel all their putters, but it sounds like a Ridge or a Sole would do fine.
Envy, Zone > V.P. sounds like their go-to driving putter. Not sure how easy transitioning my FH approaches would be

Comet > Ibex... this one sounds more buzz-like than comet or roc-like, but that's fine.
Verdict > Obex... if I'm bagging an Ibex, why not an Obex. Again, the Verdict is FH-specific in my bag, and my FH is pretty picky when it comes to flicking slower discs, so the OS mid might slot might take some figuring out.

Leopard and Teebirds > Vamp and Arch sound about right. Seems like they actually have a ton of slowing fairway molds, so I'd probably be set.

Felon, Fortress > The Notch sounds like the most beefy of the control drivers. I have a feeling I would have a hard time getting rubber to skip...

Terns and DDX > Unlace and Lace

Wraith > possibly an Olace. This is my utility FH max-D driver.

I think it would honestly be a lot of fun retooling my entire bag, assuming I had free access to the factory warehouse. It would take some getting used to but I have a feeling my game would be better for it. Also I just enjoy geeking out over the equipment.

OK so for the next poster... you have been sponsored by MVP!

First I do a little Happy dance that I got picked up by one of my favorite manufacturers!

And I do this for discs;

Keep my Atoms for putting and ask for many more both Soft and regular.

Replace Harps reluctantly with Envys since they are the closest. Get one Neutron Soft and a Proton.

Replace my Bards with Neutron Vectors.

Replace the Justice with a Resistor... and leave it on a hot tin roof upside down to add stability.

For the Stags, I'd go to Craves two Proton ones and one Neutron.

Firebirds are replaced by two Motions, one in each plastic and a Neutron Fireball.

Giants would be switched out for Phases 2 of them.

And to replace the Kings I'd go with 3 Octanes. One lightweight one, one heavy Proton and a Neutron.

Next up; Latitude 64

For Lat 64? I'd be pretty happy about that, since that means I get to throw other Trilogy stuff.

Would hate to lose my Volts, but could replace them with Saints.
My understable Roc+ would get replaced by a Tursas
Champ Roc3 gets replaced by a Verdict
Get to keep my Wardens
Get to keep my Rivers
Replace the Photon with a Boatman
Resistor gets swapped out for a XXX

---------------------------------------------------

Next: Millenium

Next: Millenium

I'd be happy to.

Scorps for Destroyers. Although it would take a while to get flippy ones. Might have to carry an Astra for a bit while I seasoned some Scorps.

EXPs or the new 1.4 QOLFs for firebirds. EXPs are a little slower and the 1.4s not quite as OS, but they'd both be just fine. Especially with super beefy Scorps out there.
My OLFs get to stay. They're my mainstay already.
JLS and/or SOLS for Roadrunners. Both were in my bag not long ago, and would be just fine in there again.

Sentinels and QMS to replace my Rocs.

A Hyzerbomb Tank and a few Omegas for Scale/Wizards.

I honestly think I could make this switch with hardly a hiccup.

Next up: Gateway

No Problem.

Putters, I already throw gateway.

RFF Wizard
SS Magic

My Mako3 gets replaced by an evolution Element
Overstable Roc3/Truth gets replaced by Evolution Blaze

Fairway is going to be...
a low weight Saber in sure grip, beat in for understable drives, which is what I already have
an evolution Saber to replace my teebird
a light Evolution Assassin to replace my Sidewinder.

A Max weight Evolution Apache for my headwind 'must dependably fade' disc

Next: Dynamic Discs (Should be easy :D )

Just for LOLs, I will do dynamic only instead of Trilogy.

Putters will probably be Judges. I putt with a lot of things, so anything reasonably straight will be fine.

I will need a couple of Slammers for FH upshot, one beat and one newish.

Mids will be 2 Evidences and a Truth. This is actually what is in my bag right now anyway, so pretty simple.

Dynamic doesn't really have any 5-7 speed that I care about, so probably 2 Convicts and 2 Escapes in various levels of wear for workhorses off the tee and 2 Felons for overstable duties.

I would probably put in a Tresspass and an Enforcer for when I want lean into something and maybe a Witness for rollers as well, but otherwise that seems like a workable bag.

Next up: Discraft.

Discraft:

I have a weak, noodle arm, so low speed discs are my bread 'n butter, but some of the wide rims can come in light plastic, so let's hope for that.

Drivers: Heat (I got a noodle arm, and this seems to accept me for what my arm is), Avenger SS (glide? W/O throwing one previously, I believe this could fit my need), probably an undertaker (maybe like a wraith, right?), Thrasher (Val's signature, and I throw like a girl), Archer (low speed fairway? Yes, please!) & Surge SS (are those still being made?)

Mids: Z Buzz (I mean, 'cmon, arguably the best ever), Flex Buzz ('cuz the flex seems to have less fade), Z Comet (Have you seen Michael J throw this thing? I mean golly...)

Putters: Z Zone (upshots), jawbreaker ringer GT (spin putting or low ceilings) & jawbreaker magnet (ONLY putting w/in 45')

Up next: Latitude 64

I've been signed by Latitude 64.

After being drafted into the communist movement, I vow to never again throw a disc.

I sell my stash of valuable Innova discs in a final fit of capitalist glory. However, the Lat64 party loyalists kick in my door and take the money. They spend it on cabbage, which rots in a shed before being shredded and served as a bland mush to the Proletariat.

When I tell the commies that I won't throw their plastic, they lock me in the gulag. Months of brutal torture ensue. I'm forced to watch slow-motion footage of Ricky draining 80 footers with my eyes held open with tape. A rotating coterie of fanbois spends days telling me how great of a mold the Harp is. I tell them that the Harp is a Westside mold, but they won't listen! A shadowy figure laughs from some overhead observation deck.

Finally, the Lat64 cronies realize that I can't be bent to their will. I'm banished to a flat tundra somewhere in northern Europe. I live out my days in silent bitterness, eating the limp cabbage that is delivered to my hut. I get pretty good at making vodka by fermenting ground-up bits of furniture.

Ok, that was fun!

Next up: DGA

I've been signed by DGA.

Even though I can throw discraft I wont.
I'd putt the Steady
Mid- Aftershock and Quake
Fairways- Pipelines and a Undertow
Drivers- Tsunami, Hurricanes, Torrent

Next up DareDevil.

^^^Ha!

Nukes--> Hurricanes. Torrents are closer in feel, but the 'Cane's got them beat on glide. Great mold.
Undertaker--> Pipeline (not comparable but I'd dial in the hyzerflip)
Machete---> Hellfire

BuzzzOS---> Quake. Easy peasy.
Buzzz/SS---> Squall. Another great mold. If I didn't love my Buzzz/SS/OS combo, I'd definitely have this bagged already.

Upshots and short drives--->Breaker
Steadys for putting. Nice Wizardy type disc, plus they don't spit out of Mach Xs.

Next up: Legacy Ignore, this. Wasn't quick enough. Daredevil is up.

Last edited:
I'll take Daredevil

Putters:
Big Horn for putts
Owl for approach

Mids:
Caribou
Grizzly

Drivers:
Timberwolfs
Wolverine
Sabertooth

Next up: Prodiscus

Man I'm a whore already switching sponsors, first one wasn't good enough.
Destroyers- Slaidi
Trespass- Fasti
Thunderbird- Respecti
Longbowmans- Beat Rockets
Sexybird- Fresh Rocket
Stag- Laseri
Truths/Rocs- Midari
Harp- Jokeri
P2/Clutch- Spartas
Ringer- Sparta

I honestly could probably do this, I like the feel of their plastic a lot. But why do the Razeri and Slaidi have the exact same numbers?

Man I'm a whore already switching sponsors, first one wasn't good enough.
Destroyers- Slaidi
Trespass- Fasti
Thunderbird- Respecti
Longbowmans- Beat Rockets
Sexybird- Fresh Rocket
Stag- Laseri
Truths/Rocs- Midari
Harp- Jokeri
P2/Clutch- Spartas
Ringer- Sparta

I honestly could probably do this, I like the feel of their plastic a lot. But why do the Razeri and Slaidi have the exact same numbers?

Interesting stuff - what is the deal with so many names ending in the letter "i"?

Also choose another sponsor for the next golfer.

Oh uhh Prodigy also this thread is going to eventually get repetitive when we run out of different companies

I'll take Prodigy!

Putting
Pa4
Pa3

Upshots
400 Pa3
400 Pa1

Mids
M4
M3
M1

Fairway
F7
F5
F2

Control Driver
H4
H3
H2

DD
X5
X3
X1
D4
D3
D1

Next: Legacy!

I'll take Legacy because I would only need to swap out one mold.

Clutch
Gauge (to replace the Comet I currently throw)
Ghost
Patriot
Rival
Mongoose
Enemy
Outlaw

Next up: Kastaplast

. But why do the Razeri and Slaidi have the exact same numbers?

I'd personally slot the Slaidi at speed 11, closer to a Wraith than Destroyer. In fact, it was made to be like a Wraith. The Razeri is closer to an XCal than a Destroyer. I would put it at 12 3 0 3.5

Interesting stuff - what is the deal with so many names ending in the letter "i"?

It's Finnish :)

Latest posts